Thundercats

Baley

Its probably the nostalgia in me talking but they don't make cartoons like they used to.

I grew up watching Thundercats, Voltron, GI JOE, Transformers, Silverhawk and then later Batman, X-men, Spiderman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Disney cartoons. They were all packed with action and adventure.

When I moved back to the US couple of months back, I was curious as to what was showing on Saturday mornings. Most of them were Japanese based card/collectible cartoons. Then there were the new cartoons like Luca Mucha(?) about kid wrestlers, and Shaolin Showdown, about kid Shaolin monks...who looked nothing like monks. They all managed to be loud and annoying beyond belief.

There was this cool new Batman cartoon that seemed to be about Batman's early career and that was cool. The new TMNT cartonn was watchable but strayed too far from its roots in my opinion.

There seemed to be a lot of japanese manga based cartoons as well. The one I saw was 'One Piece' which is actually a pretty fun manga, but the english voice overs made all the characters seem incredibly stupid.

Strayed too much from its roots? It stayed closer to its roots than the old show did. I agree with you about cartoons nowadays though. Sometimes they get one right, like with Masters of the Universe, TMNT, Justice League, and even some of the sillier ones like the Fairly Odd Parents, but they're relying waaaaaay too much on dubbed japanese cartoons. Some are ok, but lately they don't seem to be airing anything good.

I just saw a few episodes of the new TMNT, so I could be wrong. The ones I saw had the turtles and Splinter fighting a robotic Shredder with that brain creature in his torso. Krang was his name from the old cartoons. What's up with that? They were battling on a spaceship in an effort to save the galaxy from Shredder/Brain. Whether the brain took over shredder's body or the brain was Shredder, I'm not too sure.

I think this is pretty far from TMNT's roots. Though I admit the later episodes of the older cartoons grew sillier by the airing. Shredder turned into a whining incompetent comedic relief character, not the evil deadly ninja master he's supposed to be.

Hrmm, I dunno. I only saw the first 5 or 6 episodes and they were a lot closer to the original comics than the old 80s series.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Cheetara :-

cheetara.jpg

cheetara-21.jpg

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Wow! Thanks Dude! (w00t) :cool: :- :ph34r:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

[drool]She's like that in the first episode[/drool]

Yeah, I was looking for a shot of that when I found that one. Theres some pretty... uh... interesting fan art out there, I tried to pick one that was provocative, but was work safe.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Give me the adress now

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

:::Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight:::

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme"

*crys from nostalgia*

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Its what Chewy says to Luke right before he leaves to fight the At-Ats in the Battle of Hoth

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Google gave really interesting answers. You should try :-

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Should have learned Shyriiwook instead of english

Its what the head thundercat(Lionno?) has to say before he can use his sword for scrying

Ya Sword of Omens thats what I said. :-

I was all about Thundercats when I was a kid. I had every single action figure, including the Thundertank and Cat's Lair. Later, they came out with the Berserkers and, from the movie, the Lunatacs. And of course, the movie revolved around the three Thundercat refugees who survived Thundera's destruction. Their names were Linx-o, Pumira, and Bengali.

Once they joined the Thundercats, they erected a tower for themselves known as the Tower of Omens.

Aaah, the nostalgia.

But by far my favorite Thundercat episodes was a mini-series known as the Annointment Trials. I remember me and my buddy RUNNING home from school to catch the next trial. It started out Monday with the Trial of Strength, where Lion-o had to fight Panthro. Then on Tuesday he had to race Cheetara in the Trial of Speed. On Wednesday he had to best Wilykit and Wilykat in the Trial of Cunning. On Thursday he had to face his greatest fear against Tigra in the Trial of the Mind. And lastly, he had to defeat his greatest enemy, Mumm-ra, in Mumm-ra's lair without the Sword of Omens. In fact, he faced all of his trials unarmed and unaided.

The episodes were well written and wll put together. At the end of the Trials, Lion-o was then annointed as the official Lord of the Thundercats. The only thing that was kind of goofy was how Lion-o ended up defeating Mumm-ra: by damaging his sarcophagus (which I had as well, btw). I mean, your the greatest evil the world had ever known and a Robear Berbil could beat you by just beating your sarcophagus, which was exposed and unprotected for everyone to see. Kind of cheesy, but hell, for an 8 year old, it worked.

I still have alot of the old cartoons audio taped from twenty some odd years ago. I don't know how they survived but I have them. I can't believe my voice was so high back then. My dad must have been really worried about me. :p

I was also a huge fan of MASK, Galaxy Rangers, Bionic Six, Defenders of the Earth, He-Man, She-Ra (don't ask), GI-Joe and of course Transformers.

But by far my personal all-time favorite was Robotech. :(

It still holds up today ;)

Edit: By the way, if you've played Jade Empire, I swear the actress that voiced Minmei is the ghost of the little girl in the Ruins outside Tien's Landing that is terrified to cross the puddle of water.

I was all about Thundercats when I was a kid. I had every single action figure, including the Thundertank and Cat's Lair. Later, they came out with the Berserkers and, from the movie, the Lunatacs. And of course, the movie revolved around the three Thundercat refugees who survived Thundera's destruction. Their names were Linx-o, Pumira, and Bengali.

Damn! I hated those kids that had everything - all i had was the sword and it didnt even grow ;)