Your Jade Empire playing style?

"You've already mentioned combat escape blockage"

That's the main one. Everything else is little things that dd up. Overall, they mean nothing; but it makes the game come up alittle short to BG2 (which doesn't mean much sicne BG 2 is tied with FO2 as my fvaorite game) so that is ahrd to beat... Still, it is posisble; but doubtful...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I had a total of 5 roleplaying choices over the course of 2 hours of playing."

That is actually a lot. Fallout had around 50 or so quests? Divide that by the 30-40 hours it takes to complete it.

Anyways, IMO, JE is a well-crafted rpg with challenging real time combat. I'm sure that there will be more than a few veteran crpg fans who may not appreciate Bioware streamlining the game for more broad market appeal. It's a tradeoff, but I certainly won't be surprised if some of the more open-minded fans give it a shot and would in turn actually grow to like it.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

"more open-minded fans"

When it comes to BIO; there are very few open minds. You eitehr really like them or really dislike them. There are, of course, exceptions to this rule.

I'm playing the big man with white demon, goldstar and heaven whatever stunner styles mostly just getting part way into chapter 2.

Over all the game is a lot of fun but the writing is striking me as overall very weird and the art style and interface are a bit disappointing. The 'flavor' I expected isn't really there...

When it comes to BIO; there are very few open minds. You eitehr really like them or really dislike them. There are, of course, exceptions to this rule.

By now BioWare build its reputation enough to create fanboys and haters but I thin with the sad state of RPGs they are not at the same league as Blizzard or Squarenix.

I think a lot remain open to BioWare games since they did made Baldur

drakron.png

Only thing that NwN brought that was "new" was the DM mode.

NwN was simply a 3D MUD or strip down MMORPG, it was not Ultima Online in relation to inovation in RPGs (even if UO was simply a MUD evolution).

Everything that NwN had already existed in other RPGs, the fact BioWare made a "user friendly module creator" does not change the fact such tools existed before, either created by 3rd parties or by the developer itself.

drakron.png

"Only thing that NwN brought that was "new" was the DM mode."

The toolset is also better than other ones. The longetitvty is also amazing. veyr few games have the amount of people still playing it like NWN does unless its one of the best MMORPGS.

"Everything that NwN had already existed in other RPGs, the fact BioWare made a "user friendly module creator" does not change the fact such tools existed before, either created by 3rd parties or by the developer itself."

And? Yet, you dare bring up BG and KOTOR. Exactly, what special things did they bring to the genre that other games didn't do before them? It's not always about what came first; but how well you do it. NWN is the only game to get the DM Client right, have a toolset that is useable by many and still have lots of depth and power behind it.

What exctly does KOTOR bring to the table?

And, as much as I like BG, what does it bring that makes it so special in regards to being 'new'?

If you can explain those two things to me; I'd be pretty impressed; but sicne you ignore the mention of KOTOR I surely won't hold my breath...

"And the Aurora toolset is not "better", Morrowind Construction Set is more powerful that the Aurora toolset."

No.

"dare" because SW:KotOR was a Xbox RPG (that are rare), the first Star Wars cRPG and one of the best Star Wars games."

Those are the reasons why you rate KOTOR over JE? You jokin' right? You do realize that unlike KOTOR; Je is solely x-box? Wow. What impresisve feats for KOTOR. It is a x-box RPG like JE, and was the first KOTOR CRPG. Give the thing a medal. LOL

JE is way better. Pretty much everything KOTOR does well; JE does betetr and what KOTOR does poorly ie. combat; JE squashes it like a bug with penaut butter on top.

Anyone who thinks that KOTOR brought anything 'new' to the gaming world is drunk.

"And like it or not Baldur

"And the Aurora toolset is not "better", Morrowind Construction Set is more powerful that the Aurora toolset."

No.

The TES3 CS is better than Aurora,but it's much harder to use :huh:

Think about the small number of MW total conversion,then think of the hall of fame >_<

"except the engine"

Uglies engine ever. Pehraps the only graphics engine where when looking at it I wanted to puke. It would have been the first time I puked sicne I was a little kid. Disgusting, disgusting! And, elt's not forget the awful combat, the horrid dialogue system which is more like a pizza menu.

Beh.

Well, well, i've 11 hours in and i'm at chapter 3, wandering the around the streets of Imperial City. While there's several occasions when you can role-play your character through dialogue-options (maybe even more than KotOR) it's not the "WTF OMG!!!11"-game that some people keep raving about. Sure the combat is fun, but i don't play games for the combat. So far, it feels more like an adventure game with RPG-elements, not that it's necessarily a bad thing.

Pro's:

- Combat

- Art direction

- Graphics

- Some hilarious party members

Con's:

- Linear, way more than KotOR so far, think Final Fantasy X

- The whole setting and feel (IMO)

- Music, instead of moving, it's just there for most of the time

- Customization and inventory

I will not say anything about the story yet, but i smell some BG to it. Hopefully it will turn out to the greater.

//EDIT: Sorry, this was meant for the other thread.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The TES3 CS is better than Aurora,but it's much harder to use :(

Think about the small number of MW total conversion,then think of the hall of fame :thumbsup:

Not really, it simply looks harder and truth be told dialogue and quest requires a lot of learning but the rest is not that hard but then again so was Aurora Toolset at the start.

And yes there are a few that speaks a lot of the engine and the power of the CS.

drakron.png

"Ok I get it you hate every little thing abou MW"

Not everything. It's huge. :thumbsup: And, the character creation system itself is pretty good.

"Even Jeremy Soule's music?"

Neutral. It's ahrd for me to judge MW's music since I didn't play for the long.

"So did you finish JE"

No. Just reached chapter 4 though. People say it's short; but I've played it for just over 23 hours and that's not counting reloads.

"Is the story just as good as it was earlier?"

Yes. :(

'So far, it feels more like an adventure game with RPG-elements, not that it's necessarily a bad thing."

Again, why are games like BG or BG2 considered RPGs when they don't even have dialogue skills,a dn the only thing you slect at level up pretty much are weapon profiencies. Every quest has a good 2-3 ways minimum to complete. That surely beats the Bgs eries and beats KOTOR as well. What action/adventure games allows you to that., Seriosuly, I think the problem is they see JE's RT combat and automatically classify it as an adventure game when it has more role-playing than most role-playing games - BIO or not. Hmm..

"Some hilarious party members"

Hilariously twisted in some cases..

"Linear, way more than KotOR so far"

Way more? I dunno about that. the only advantage KOTOR has is the interplanetary movemtn; and for chapters 2-4 it seems you can go back and forth between the different palces. Lots of movement there...

"but i smell some BG to it."

That much is true - espicially the end of ch1...

"Did you not smell some Torment in KotOR 2?"

yeah; but it's rotten eggs.

JE may borrow some story elements from BG; but unlike KOTOR2 with PST; it does it the right way...

If you are gonna steal your own ideas at least do it right! :thumbsup:

"Did you not smell some Torment in KotOR 2?"

yeah; but it's rotten eggs.

JE may borrow some story elements from BG; but unlike KOTOR2 with PST; it does it the right way...

If you are gonna steal your own ideas at least do it right! :thumbsup:

Let this be a lesson for the good folks at Obsidian.

manthing2.jpg