Who do you think should/will make KOTOR 3?

Who do you think should/will make KOTOR 3?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should/will make KOTOR 3?

• Bioware - Only a master can show you how its done
    • Obsidian- They only needed more time
    • Lucasarts (internally) - Lets give them a go
    • Other - (Please State)

(w00t) I'd actually play that :devil:

I thought I read (PC Gamer? in the last couple of issues) that Sam & Max 2 had been picked up by another publisher. Or was that a new development house? Whatever, it'll probably be excellent when it comes out because it won't be squeezed into a 200 day development cycle ... :-"

I don't think LA are totally financially illiterate: any old story with a light saber would sell by the millions, even if I did the art work. Sam & Max is a niche market, so it probably has been de-emphasised and not abandoned altogether, and will be more in tune with the better-defined market segment. ( :( Well, it sounded good before I wrote it, anyway.)

:geek:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think Epic (I stand corrected) should make it. They've just finished making Unreal Championship 2 which sounds like a great action game combining high speed melee and fire arm combat (and they are well acquainted with the various Unreal engines cos they made them)! KotOR could use a high speed upgrade just so long as Raiden, Scorpion and the rest of the MK posse don't turn up though. Selkath could though cos she looks sweet!

I chose other,because as impossible as it is,I think if Obsidian worked with Bioware,we could truly have a game,the influence,powers,feats,and overall ability to do an SW story about finding one's self instead of"good guy walks up to bad guy,makes speech about goodness,kills evil guy",and the way that bioware can create unique characters that truly have a personality of their own"Carth,the mistrusting captain,Mission,the kid from the streets,bindo the runaway jedi ect."

My God you actually liked any of those characters? They are cliched as hell and very frustrating to play with. The only characters I like from KotOR one are Bastila and to a much lesser extent Canderous. The choice of voice acting for some of the others was truly dire particularly Mission and Carth. I'm on the fence with that Bindi bloke cos the voice was good but the character and comments just irritated me. HK-47 has improved massively in KotOR2 both the voice acting and the dialogue text which highlights just how irritating he was in KotOR. In short keep Bastila and screw the others!

(w00t) Making an RPG is hard :( ,much harder than a FPS\Fight game ;)

What's next an EA Sports RPG :lol:

Bioware have already ****ed up with the bollox that was NWN!

NWN altho not the greatest RPG ever,has an exeptional community who have provided us wit mods far better than the OC :thumbsup::)

"Bioware have already ****ed up with the bollox that was NWN!"

Yeha, boy did they ever screw up with game. I mean, millions of purchases, 2 expansions, downloadable mods being bought, fanmade mods still being made and play, a sequel on the way, and the longest lasting game I ever played. yeah; but according to YOU they screwed up.

WHY, BIO, WHY?

If that's what you call screwing up. I wodner what you think being successful means.

"Making an RPG is hard ,much harder than a FPS\Fight game"

Eh. You gotta start somewhere. the premiere RPG maker shad to make their first sometime. Afterall, BIo's first RPG was BG1... and, well, last i checked, the 'rookies' did well..

Hmm...

As for question, after playing JE; I don't really care if KOTOR series is continued. I found a better, much improved version of it anyways. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Eh. You gotta start somewhere. the premiere RPG maker shad to make their first sometime. Afterall, BIo's first RPG was BG1... and, well, last i checked, the 'rookies' did well..

Of course they did well but they also had a great publisher,great liscence and a great RPG engine.

If i remeber right it was also their second game(MDK2,apeared after BG,right?)

Epic have none of the above :lol: + they have a great FPS backgroud and I doubt their gonna throw it all away for a freak experiment :(:thumbsup:"

"Of course they did well but they also had a great publisher,great liscence and a great RPG engine."

You mean that same publisher that tried to steal from them,? That same publisher that is basically finished now? YEAH. Greta publisher that. :D

Great license? Hmm.. Before BG1; the D&D license was in limbo with bomb after bomb. How many bombs do you see with the SW licesne? certainly not at the level of the D&D license.

Well, it was *their* engine. Did you know the IE wa soriginally designed for RTS games? WOWSERS!

"If i remeber right it was also their second game(MDK2,apeared after BG,right?)"

And, it still wans't their first and though I haven't played MDK2 the differences between that and BG are monumental.

"Epic have none of the above + they have a great FPS backgroud and I doubt their gonna throw it all away for a freak experiment "

If they're half as good game devlopers as everyone claims them to be they'd be able to do if they wish.

You mean that same publisher that tried to steal from them,? That same publisher that is basically finished now? YEAH. Greta publisher that. grin.gif

True,but they never rushed them :thumbsup:

Great license? Hmm.. Before BG1; the D&D license was in limbo with bomb after bomb. How many bombs do you see with the SW licesne? certainly not at the level of the D&D license.

I don't know about that but IMO Dark Sun was not a bomb :lol:"

And, it still wans't their first and though I haven't played MDK2 the differences between that and BG are monumental.

Of course 2 diferent genres:

BG-Great RPG

MDK2-Good action game :(

If they're half as good game devlopers as everyone claims them to be they'd be able to do if they wish.

They're good FPS developers.RPGs and FPSs are very different ;)

"True,but they never rushed them"

They tried to with NWN. And, I beat if we did research neither MDK2 and SS got lots of development time. Heck, SS was being worked on at the same time that BG1 was being made and BIO wans't as big back then...

"I don't know about that but IMO Dark Sun was not a bomb"

It's a known fact that between the time where the GB games were reigning supreme, and BG came into play D&D games were the awful. Games that EOTB, and DTU are just a few of the examples.

"BG-Great RPG

MDK2-Good action game"

Yet, BIO managed to make the leap...

"They're good FPS developers.RPGs and FPSs are very different"

So, are action and RPs. Are you saying BIO is "special" and Epic isn't and they are incapable of making such a switch? Hmm..

So, are action and RPs. Are you saying BIO is "special" and Epic isn't and they are incapable of making such a switch? Hmm..

BIO switched early.

And I can't think of many other company's that made this switch :(

EOTB a bad game :p

"BIO switched early."

That's irrelevant. If anything, the more experience in game development you have; the likelihood of such a switch would be easier to pull. Stronger fanbase, and the knowledge of actually make a game is oodles important.

"And I can't think of many other company's that made this switch"

Not to many companies have likely wanted to...

"EOTB a bad game"

That's an understandment. I'd put it with the POR2s of the world.

"EOTB a bad game"

That's an understandment. I'd put it with the POR2s of the world.

Perhaps my memories are a bit fuzzy but it wasn't that bad :p"

Then how bout EOTB 2?

That's irrelevant. If anything, the more experience in game development you have; the likelihood of such a switch would be easier to pull. Stronger fanbase, and the knowledge of actually make a game is oodles important.

Epic's fanbase mostly consists of FPS fans,And I doubt they'd support such a change :(

"Epic's fanbase mostly consists of FPS fans,And I doubt they'd support such a change"

Can't speak for them; but speaking as a BIo fan who had LOTS of doubts about RT combat in JE; I say they'll support them if they'd do it right. If you want, just do a search of my old posts from like a year + ago on the JE baords and you'd see I had doubts about it. Not now though. :D

"Then how bout EOTB 2?"

Same crap; same pile of poo.

Can't speak for them; but speaking as a BIo fan who had LOTS of doubts about RT combat in JE; I say they'll support them if they'd do it right. If you want, just do a search of my old posts from like a year + ago on the JE baords and you'd see I had doubts about it. Not now though.

Yes but it was still an RPG,imagine if they decided to make a football game :(" :p:p

"imagine if they decided to make a football game"

LOL I have Madden to play. Thy'd have to be near perfect to pull that off. <>

Don't know why i'm 'defending' Epic. I don't even care for them. (w00t)