Within the unknown regions...........

What do you think the "True Sith" are?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the "True Sith" are?

• Dormant remnants of Exar Kun's cult
    • Krath insurgents
    • Yet another group of punks with red lightsabers
    • Gizka Overminds (led by the Dark Lord "Vao")
    • Trask Ulgo's church
    • Some weird-ass aliens never shown before
    • Just another lie propagated by Darth Traya
    • The Carth Onasi Fan Club
    • A legion of force sensitive Tachs hellbent on conquest
    • Trekkies

Good thought tmp. I totally forgot about unmanned ships.

I still think it would be really risky to just jump into hyperspace without knowing what's out there. It would be a real waste to build a fleet of droid ships only to have them all get destroyed by flying too close to a star or something.

Perhaps using low-speed to explore outward, and then when they find a new system, they would have the coordinates to make a hyperspace jump back to republic space. That would definately be the safest, and most cost effective way.

Perhaps there has been attempts, just not much success in 4000 years. lol.

On the other hand, exploration hasn't always been the most "profitable" line of work. Probably few "business" people that would be interested in helping to map new hyperspace routes, even with droids/unmanned ships.

If you think about it, with all the wars that have been happening, the Republic wouldn't be very interested in funding the exploration.

Think about it. If every probe NASA sent out and none ever returned any useful info, the US Gov would pull funding for further space exploration. The Republic would undoubtedly function the same way. Too many failures and not enough success and it would be deemed to be a waste of resources and abandoned.

Another possiblity. What if the probes are successful, but find un-friendly populations, and get destroyed by planetary defense systems.

At least it's a few possiblities for why there seems to be so much "unkown space".

The flip side is there could be other pockets of civilization in the galaxy that are doing the same thing, trying to search the unkown regions and may find "the Republic". Which could result in a trade of "known hyperspace routes".

I think the True Sith are just another lie or exaggeration by Kreia.

What would be the point of that, though?

For one thing, if that were indeed the case, then in terms of just basic storytelling, I would say the writer(s) seemed to make way too big a deal of this "true" Sith Empire manipulating and looming over the galaxy from beyond the Outer Rim, if all it actually was were simple lies and propaganda being spread by Kreia for no particular reason...particularly since the cliffhanger the storyline concluded on relied heavily on its -- this "true" Sith Empire's -- actual existence.

Aside from that, the point at which she spoke of this "true" Sith Empire to the Exile was after he had already struck the fatal blow against her. She was dying. What reason or purpose could she possibly have had for continuing to spread any lies or propagonda while she was already dying?

For that matter, what was it, then, that Revan departed from all known space to go find? What was it that Revan went into the Unknown Regions to confront? What was this "greater evil" Revan left to face alone that Mandalore spoke of during a conversation between he and Visas Marr (that didn't make it into the game and was found as cut content on the disc), if not the same one Kreia spoke of later? :p

I do think the True Sith are real, but I wouldn't want them to become part of game (leave it to Star Trek to introduce "new species and new civilisations"). Also, didn't KotOR have one of the loading things saying the True Sith died out AGES ago (yes, could've been "believed to be dead...")

I think Kreia exaggerated the whole True Sith - yes, they are real, but to say that they're some greater threat that must be prepared for is probably a bit of a fib, which may be something she truly believed - trying to kill the force made her a bit of a nut to me.

Trekkies

:blink:

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Kreia ALWAYS said what she wanted others to hear... ALWAYS!!!!

I think that she may have exaggerated a bit, like when she said the Fall of Revan didn't hurt her... I had an idea though... What if Revan 'struck a deal w/ the devil' or somesuch and offered the Sith the Republic if they gave him knowledge and power? Na, Revan would've been smarter than that...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I think that she may have exaggerated a bit, like when she said the Fall of Revan didn't hurt her... I had an idea though... What if Revan 'struck a deal w/ the devil' or somesuch and offered the Sith the Republic if they gave him knowledge and power? Na, Revan would've been smarter than that...

I wouldn't agree with that, personally. I don't at all see Revan as just another Sith Lord out for power and conquest. I'm more of the mind that Revan has been opposing the "true" Sith Empire this whole time. I feel Revan's "fall" to the Dark Side of the Force wasn't so much a fall as it was a sacrifice (as Kreia said), most likely for the sake of somehow strengthening the galaxy (in his mind) to prepare it for potentially having to defend itself against the "true" Sith Empire. It was definetly what so many characters throughout the game seemed to suggest...

Read my last sentence. Revan woulda been smarter.

Maybe he ran into some True Sith that told him to give up, and that the Mandalorians were only the beginning, but Revan got mad and swore to stop them no matter what the cost... But, once again, it doesn't seem Revan-like... Kotor III had better come out... Not for another year or so, though, because I've got a full que of games to play (from BG 2 PS:T) before it comes out.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."