The PCvsXbox thread revisted.

Unlike some people I have no problem with the truth.

You seem to have this idea of the PC as an ideal machine. Where in fact it's a bunch of things stuck together. The Xbox on the other hand is a standard unit. Ergo you cant compare THE PC to THE XBOX because there is no such thing as THE PC. Only A PC, one which will improve the more money you fork out for it. So perhaps you should just quit using the PC and come up with a configuration and associated price.

Still continue with your naive BS if it makes you happy just quite filling my PM box with crap.

Unless you can build a PC for $99 the Xbox wins hands down.

Maybe you're forgetting that a PC can do more than just play games. As our technology evolves, new games with better graphics will be released and every-once-in-a-while, the console manufacturers will build a better console, capable of playing, not only the new games, but also the older games...well, except for those f*cking Nintendo idiots. Computers do not become obsolete and defunct, like PS one, and, enventually, Xbox one. As better games are released, with higher requirements, you don't just go out and buy a whole new computer, you just update your drivers, maybe install the latest version of DirectX, which is usually on the game disk. You might have to buy new components, like a new graphics card, processor, or expand your memory about as often as new consoles come out, naturally. This is, of course, assuming that your PC is capable of running modern games to begin with. I'm not talking about updating some old 286 to run Doom 3.

Things a PC can do:

1. play games

2. surf the net

3. type

4. cut and edit a home movie (if it's in the right format)

5. watch a movie

6. copy, rip, and burn music (and listen to it)

7. develop a computer/video game

8. create a presentation on power point

9. explore the cut content from that game that was still left on the game disks

10. you Xboxers have the modules for the HK Factory and Droid planet and you you can't do a damn thing about it, unless you extract the files and load them onto a what? That's right, boys and girls: A COMPUTER. You have the content on the disks, but you can't play it, unless you have a computer. It's so close, yet so far away.

I'm sure there's other things, but I don't have the time to study my computer and calculate all the degrees of usefulness that a computer has, but an Xbox lacks..

Consoles have the advantage of:

playing games without wasting an hour installing it

being cheaper

playing games limited to that console, but then again, there are plenty great games that you only get for PC, so this one is void.

Even the cheapest modern PCs are far more useful than any console could ever hope to be and that is a fact.

So, take your little toy console and go play a game because that's all you'll ever being able to do with it.

Some folks don't understand.

1.) All of those things you listed a PC can do, I can load up my old P2-400 and do them all. It cost me 300 bucks 2nd hand a few years back for when I was in school. A console is sub 150 bucks Canadian and has been for a few years now (all consoles).

2.) In order for me to run the newest PC games I need cash, and lots of it.

3.) Games made for a console are just that... made for the console. By knowing the hardware set is universal to all, you can make a game that runs damn well on lesser resources. How many clock cycles are lost to ensure that a game is compatible amongst the infinite hardware configurations of a computer? Lost clock cycles = lag.

No matter how you slice it, console gaming is better for the casual gamers. Remember this as well. Casual gamers outnumber the hardcore folk.

When you see that a console has an 800MHz prcessor you think "wow, my PC is 4 times faster than that!" BZZZZT WRONG! Going with pure numbers, yes that would be true. Going into practicality if the same game was made for a console and then made for the pc (not a port, MADE FOR PC) you would need higher hardware requirements to get the same performance.

Look at Doom3. It was MADE for the xbox and it was MADE for the PC. True, the graphics for the PC *can* be better but when they made Doom3 for the Xbox they did some tweaking with the NVidia GPU and found a way to make it run better on the Xbox. No updating drivers or getting a new videocard because you need some new hardware technology to run the game. Just put the disc in and have fun. Now you find a 150 dollar computer that is being made and sold today that can run doom3 and is as readily available as an xbox and I'll consider the arguements.

"But the graphics are soooo much better for my PC!!!"

Yeah, they are I guess. I don't notice it much though. I do enjoy playing my games on a large TV rather than a tiny monitor.

"But you can play PC games on your TV!"

Yeah, but who wants to cart their PC around? I just want to sit back on my recliner, drink some beer and play Soul Calibur 2 with some friends. That brings me to another point of interest.

Playing multiplayer games on the PC with friends is troublesome. Instead of just plugging in another controller you have to either LAN game (multiple computers...) or get more controllers and all of you watch the same tiny little monitor.

I can fit my console system of choice in my bag for business trips. Yeah, you can fit a laptop in your bag for business trips too... but then we are back to paying ~$2k for a laptop where any actual business application doesn't need that kind of hardware.

One thing we all have to face is this: Computers were made to do work, not games. The fact that someone made games for them is a testament to their versatility but it is not cost effective at all.

For practicality purposes, a console wins the debate every time when LOGIC is brought in and not PREFERENCE.

Hell, I am a PC gamer. However, I find console gaming to be more enjoyable and far more practical. It is also cheap entertainment and I can rent my games before buying them. You can't rent PC games and most stores won't take back a game after the seal is broken.

Argue this debate into the ground. I've looked at all angles and with an unbiased opinion. I am always looking for the most practical way to get my video gaming 'fix' and consoles are the superior form of videogaming entertainment.

Start thinking with practicality in mind and you often come to the best conclusions. Think with your 'feelings' and you are in trouble. (This is advice for purchases only. Don't drop your boy/girlfriend because logic dictates so lol. Can't attach logic to that and win)

Some people monitor are bigger then my 27" T.V. ;)

For some games lan with the xbox can be pain. But to get sixteen people all you need is router 4 T.V. hopfully at less 27" and 16 controllers.

For the price the console the way to go. However once xbox,PS2 and game cube emulator start to come out then I will up grade my PC. ;) So far I have emulator for alot of old system (Inculding N64 and PS) on my xbox with tons of my favorite games. :D I know you can do this with PC also.

Also after everything said and done M$ will school the other consoles and PC.

Following on from news earlier this week which saw Sony lose a key IP case and almost had all PlayStation products withdrawn from sale in the US Immersion Corp CEO Victor Viegas has spoken exclusively to SPOnG about the case.

There were two key issues we wanted outlining, not least the fact that Nintendo has never been mentioned in the case(s) Immersion Corp brought against Sony and Microsoft.

how well does SW Kotor 2 run with this PC with the System Requirements or the recommended:

Windows 98 SE, Millennium (ME), 2000, and XP; Pentium III or Athlon class 1 GHz or faster required, Pentium 4 or Athlon XP class 1.6 GHz or faster recommended; 100DirectX 9.0c compatible computer; 256 MB RAM required, 512 MB RAM recommended

If you want to make gaming computer whats the lowest cost you could get by with?

how well does SW Kotor 2 run with this PC with the System Requirements or the recommended:

Windows 98 SE, Millennium (ME), 2000, and XP; Pentium III or Athlon class 1 GHz or faster required, Pentium 4 or Athlon XP class 1.6 GHz or faster recommended; 100DirectX 9.0c compatible computer; 256 MB RAM required, 512 MB RAM recommended

If you want to make gaming computer whats the lowest cost you could get by with?

To play one game or to play games in the future too?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

You trying to say the N64 wasn't good?

Because, take a look at the Gamecube... It's the exact same thing...

no the gamecube is much better, for one thing it has the best controller.. ever, i have played every games console there is to be played and the gamecubes controller is the best of the lot, in terms of practicality and comfort.

The N64 had like 2 or 3 good games, lylat wars, goldeneye and super mario 64.

Actually its alot like the xbox in this time period, only it has even less good games, atleast ones you can't already get on another console or the pc.

Though that said, the Ps2 has the best games, the mgs series, the GTA series, the Final fantasy series, the gran turismo series, the list goes on

and to the spastic who said there was no good games for the pc, 3 letters HL2!!!!

The greatest fps of all time and one of the most groundbreaking games in years. Not to mention Rome:Totalwar, Warhammer: Dawn of War, Doom 3, Warcraft series, even the original Half-life is better than halo

GTA looks better on xbox. :huh:"

But your right for you the game cube has best controller. its to small for me because I have big hands. For me the best controller is the Big xbox controller.

But its all matter of taste so for me the xbox is the best.

DimensionTM XPS Gen 4

The 4th Generation XPS

The ultimate power and design for hard core gaming. This system features the latest technology in a unique and expandable chassis.

Base Model Includes:

Bullet IntelTM PentiumTM 4 processor 550 with HT

My xbox has no problem running the SNES emulator even my PS emulator runs well. :p I even have a emulator N64 kinda buggy though. :( But just read that new one came out that works well for the xbox. so I'll check that later. :p

I sure I could find a PC for $700-800 that could run KOTOR 2. it would look the best but ha thats what I would get.

Depends on the PC, your talking rubbish again.

dude ! this is earth to fantasy land !

come in fantasy land !

even on my spare AMD 1600 based old PC , Kotor plays better , your anti PC , well too bad , the Xbox aint in a million years going to be a better gaming alternative

now the Xbox2 on the other hand . . . .

WHy the hell would you need one of those.  Anything larger than 19" is ridiculous.

Because it's a TV :D

thats funny !

so you havent seen what PCs look like on HDTV then ?

my freind games on a 29 inch , but then again , your probably anti-HDTV too seeing as your too poor to afford that either

gaming only on a console ever is being knowledgeable in sub-par experiences

& you fit the bill perfectly !

even on my spare  AMD 1600 based old PC , Kotor plays better , your anti PC , well too bad , the Xbox aint in a million years going to be a better gaming alternative

now the Xbox2 on the other hand . . . .

Well since you cant prove that it's not really relevent.

Of course it's not like duh.

Once the new gen consoles come out who cares about the Xbox. Consoles have a finite lifespan it's part of the deal.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

so you havent seen what PCs look like on HDTV then ?

my freind games  on a 29 inch , but then again , your probably anti-HDTV too seeing as your too poor to afford that either

gaming only on a console ever is  being knowledgeable in sub-par experiences

& you fit the bill perfectly !

No never particularly felt the urge either. Who wants to lug a PC around, not me.

Oh look clueless again. Do you think 52" TV's come without HD :p

Where do you get the idea I've only gamed on a console. It just makes you look like an ass.

478327[/snapback]

never said you did , but you seem more than happy to

your loss

(& yea , you do come across as a cheap /poor guy , unwilling to see how the expensive stuff is superior , so yea i took it that you also would be anti-HDTV)

anyways , hope you get help with your ignorance one day

Well since you cant prove that it's not really relevent.

yea im seeing you as clueless , it comes across when your talking about PC's or Xbox's that are modded

needless to say i bet you also think that being too lowly powered to run Kotor-II PC version , well guess again , not everyone has as little tech-ability as you

if you would get yourself informed then you might get a opinion based on reality

but anyways , its too bad you have had a bad run with PC's , cause your missing out

so you got any points that actually have merit in this discussion or are you going to admit how retentive your being about the whole issue . mebe the next time this comes up youll keep your delusions confined to threads where your idears actually are valid

never said you did , but you seem more than happy to

your loss

(& yea , you do come across as a cheap /poor guy , unwilling to see how the expensive stuff is superior , so yea i took it that you also would be anti-HDTV)

anyways , hope you get help with your ignorance one day

Huh try making sense

Hardly

Well you should be used to being wrong by now so not a big deal for you.

And I hope you get your blindness fixed , your names rather appropriate isnt it.

Read what babise is writing, you may learn something.

478327[/snapback]

needless to say i bet you also think that being too lowly powered to  run Kotor-II PC version , well guess again , not everyone has as little tech-ability as you

if you would get yourself informed then you might get a opinion based on reality

but anyways , its too bad you have had a bad run with PC's , cause your missing out

so you got any points that actually have merit in this discussion or are you going to admit how retentive your being about the whole issue . mebe the next time this comes up youll keep your delusions confined to threads where your idears  actually are valid

You didnt give enough system details.

What like you are :p

Really ? Just how many PC titles of note have been released this year.

For anyone with common sense this isnt even a debate. It's you talking crap.

478327[/snapback]

well  from a guy who has said the Xbox runs Kotor-II fine , you have a long way before you get to a state  called "sense"

Lets see , no bugs. No major slowdowns. Not enough time to read the loading hint screens. Yep fine seems to fit that.

Would my PC run it better, highly likely given it's specs. But equally likely that it would require driver upgrades, waiting for patches and all the other crap that goes with being a PC gamer. Been there done it, not interested.

478327[/snapback]

Xbox is a better gaming system than the PC <---------- that there is crap , which is where your coming from

& basic stats tell half of the story , how well it runs depends on how "informed" (note that word because it is what you are not) the system builder is

Lets see , no bugs. No major slowdowns. Not enough time to read the loading hint screens. Yep fine seems to fit that.

hey your crap PC is no judge of how well they perform , next

But equally likely that it would require driver upgrades, waiting for patches and all the other crap that goes with being a PC gamer. Been there done it, not interested.

& here is the wisdom from ShadowPaladin

you OBVIOUSLY are without any decent knowledge of PC set-up , wow , you must have had a Miserable time with them , better for you to stick to sub-par gaming for sure