New Charecter - bounty hunter?

hmm, im tepted to play through kotor2 as a bountry hunter, ive already complted it 4 times, wanan make a twist on it.

could you just boost dex and con only, wear armour, a mask, 2 blasters, and complete the game?

there are so many blaster feats, im just thinking playing agsisnt jedi that can deflect blaster fire, i might get owned. especially against sion :p

i find kotor 2 way too easy, though this might be an interesting twist, ex-jedi turned into worlds best bounty hunter

or would i just get bored, and whip out my lightsaber :ermm:

'I did it all for the wookies'

hmm, im tepted to play through kotor2 as a bountry hunter, ive already complted it 4 times, wanan make a twist on it.

could you just boost dex and con only, wear armour, a mask, 2 blasters, and complete the game?

there are so many blaster feats, im just thinking playing agsisnt jedi that can deflect blaster fire, i might get owned. especially against sion  :p

i find kotor 2 way too easy, though this might be an interesting twist, ex-jedi turned into worlds best bounty hunter

or would i just get bored, and whip out my lightsaber  :ermm:

I used mandalores gun i gotted my but kicked against sion on that sith world

well here's the build up im gonna use

jedi sentinal (i wanna be guardian.. but they only get 1 more feat by lvl15.. and i.. need... skills..)

actually, bounty hunters are very skilled, upgrading their weapons and such, and its only 2hp per lvl, not really worth it

so im gonna go with

str - 8

dex - 16

con - 16

int - 16

wis - 8

chr - 8

im gonna be wearing stuff that lowers my wis and char, but increases my force resist and will, so i wont need eis or char. also dont need str, im a blaster king!

this should be interesting to play..

That actually sounds pretty interesting to me, too. I think blasters/ranged are undervalued in this game, even for NPC's. They can get pretty powerful, actually.

But yeah, against the bosses or if you're mobbed...dunno. I think it'd be pretty fun for most of the game, at least, however. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The thought had ocurred as well, I'm kinda tired of the whole futuristic melee thing. I know this is Star Wars but it dosen't make sense to me that people who consider a hyperdrive to be standard equippement that you can buy at a local hardware store, carry a longsword in case they get in a scuffle with the odd thug.

lol - update..

im half way through peragus.. and im bored

man it take flippin ages to kill a fffffffflippin mining droid with a crappy pistol

vibeoblade - flurry - all over my mining driod friend!

bah i miss being a jedi, i think im gonna quit this game :thumbsup:

sniff :">

I did this in KOTOR I. Haven't got around to trying it for KOTOR II, though.

I enjoyed myself playing as an all bounty hunter party in KOTOR I. Finally made use of all the available heavy armor.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I did this in KOTOR I.  Haven't got around to trying it for KOTOR II, though.

I enjoyed myself playing as an all bounty hunter party in KOTOR I.  Finally made use of all the available heavy armor.

What was your final characters level breakdown? It always seemed to me that the pistols were almost useless. I never got HK-47 to be useful, and even Mission ended up with a sword in my game...I'm curious to hear any of your "bounty hunter party" stories/tactics.

What was your final characters level breakdown?  It always seemed to me that the pistols were almost useless.  I never got HK-47 to be useful, and even Mission ended up with a sword in my game...I'm curious to hear any of your "bounty hunter party" stories/tactics.

I honestly can't remember. I recall my own character was maxed out with the various ranged attack skills, like rapid shot (or whatever it's called) and the blaster pistol and blaster rifle bonuses maxed out.

As for weapons and armor, I think my character used Casus Fett's modified blaster, which I believe maxed out at 6-23, and I used the funky coloured armor (not the best in the game, I think armor bonus 9, max dex bonus 3), but that just looked cool with my character. Then I put all the other top armor on my party.

Btw, I should mention I used the savegame editor to remove all Jedi classes from my PC, Bastila, Jolee and Juhani, and changed their appearance and name as well.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

In KotOR II the best way to fend off melee attackers is to use the close combat feat. Additionally for Jedi/Sith, you want to learn the force resistance power and the Sniper Shot, which is designed to counter balance the Jedi's ability to deflect blaster bolts.

Get all the Ranged feats obviously and high dex. I don't know if you're gonna use force powers - that would ofcourse make the whole deal alot easier.

Mandalorian Disintegrator...yeh baby!

My Mira wasn't a Jedi but she did pretty well with that the that pistol (paired with I another Mandalorian pistol).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Darn this is making me want to play a new game of Kotor2. I'll never get far in Kotor1 at this rate.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I dont know how anyone managed to finish the game with ranged weapons in KOTOR , the party would end up half killing themselves shooting at Jedi. It's alieved somewhat by the feats in KOTOR II. Still switched back to saber for the final two.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, I went through KotOR with a blaster wielder, and personally, it was the most fun playthrough of KotOR I ever did, despite the fact that it wasn't any harder, even without any force abilities at all (I modified my savegame so that I was a scoundrel even after Dantooine). I used Medium armor and dual mandalorian heavy pistols. I'll have to try that again at some point, though I'd first need to find out if I could mod my favourite armour skin into the game.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I dont know how anyone managed to finish the game with ranged weapons in KOTOR , the party would end up half killing themselves shooting at Jedi. It's alieved somewhat by the feats in KOTOR II. Still switched back to saber for the final two.

My bounty hunter party was adept at melee weapons as well. I believe that, and grenades from far away, were what got me past the Dark Jedi.

My main focus was just not having any Force powers or Lightsaber ability.

I'm playing through Kotor right now, and I find the ranged characters aren't half bad, of course my revan is a jedi and he uses a lightsaber, but I've been using Carth and T3 (with Bendak's blaster and the Zabrak Tystel Mk3), Canderous (with Ordo's blaster, wish I could find something better though), HK (with Chuundar's Bowcaster, there may be a better rifle out there), and even Mission (with the Zabrak Tystel Mk3).

And I gotta say that while I force wave and engage the ennemies in melee combat, they mop them up pretty good, I usually don't have time to kill more then ennemies myself, I maxed out they're dex, something the autoleveling option dosen't do. Of course, in situations where abundant close combat is required, I prefer the other jedi and Zaalbar with Bacca's blade. :)

Gonna have to shop around more to find the best guns in the game, some of them can be found at Yavin I think.