Revan vs. Thrawn

Who do you think was bigger strategic genius Grand Admiral Thrawn or Revan?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think was bigger strategic genius Grand Admiral Thrawn or Revan?

• Revan of course (proudly thinking about oneself)!
    • Grand Admiral Thrawn (voting and touching copy of "Heir to the Empire" at the same time)
    • Get a life Nurbs! Alexander the Great would own them both!

Guest MacleodCorp

Thrawn!!! Thrawn has more to loose. He is the most deceptive character in the Star Wars EU. Revan & Palpatine have nothing to match his skills. Thrawn has this ability of strategic warefare, which just blows my mind. I would say, deadliest of the species!!!

It's ridiculous, a weak plot point on the part of Bioware. You would NEVER hand over control of your entire fleet to a Jedi no matter how high ranking they are because they have neither the training nor experience for that kind of command. Real fleet commanders have the book smarts AND work their way up. It's the only way someone becomes fit to command. It takes vast experience that can't be duplicated any other way. Jedi and Sith should be confined to covert missions.

I wouldn't say it was weak on Bioware's part. It just seemed to be an aspect of the Star Wars mythology in general. Even during the Clone Wars, Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters took up high-ranking positions among the Galactic Republic's armies and starfleets, even becoming generals and commanders.

Thrawn!!! Thrawn has more to loose. He is the most deceptive character in the Star Wars EU. Revan & Palpatine have nothing to match his skills. Thrawn has this ability of strategic warefare, which just blows my mind. I would say, deadliest of the species!!!

but because he's an idiot politically he got screwed into the unknown reigons

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

but because he's an idiot politically he got screwed into the unknown reigons

True, though it was hinted in the books, or maybe it was in one of those SW Adventure Journal short stories written by Zahn, that going into the Unknown Regions was Thrawn and Emperor's plan all along. If so, the being sent to middle of nowhere as punishment was just a cover story. Thrawn certainly accomplished much there.

SODOFF Steam group.

Thrawn is the ultimate planner. He's the only person who is able to tell an attackforce's ability by the death of a single tie. Revan could to that but by using his jedi abilities. Also theres' Thraws seeming bottomless pit of intelligence. so hap hi ho.

Also Revan was planning for a future war so he often (I thinK) would fight very conservativly. I'm not saying this is a bad thing but you can often get more things done with a simple gamble.

• 3 months later...

I know I am bringing this back from the dead but I just finished reading the Thrawn trilogy books, they were great.

First I have to say that both were stabbed in the back, Thrawn literally, and were taken out like punks.

Thrawn was unbelievably intelligent and so frickin' smart and made few mistakes except having a Noghri as a body guard lol. I mean he even had respect from the Emperor even though he was not human, that says a lot. I loved how he used C'Baoth to his own ends, that guy was such a psycho.

I believe Revan was just as smart and able when it came to strategy and tactics but not at as high a level as Thrawn. The reason I would give Revan the vote is because he was able to get his hands dirty. In Revan's time I doubt there was anyone who could touch him.

So my vote is for Revan even though I loved Thrawn.

Thanks for valuable opinion ;)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.