Revan vs. Thrawn

Who do you think was bigger strategic genius Grand Admiral Thrawn or Revan?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think was bigger strategic genius Grand Admiral Thrawn or Revan?

• Revan of course (proudly thinking about oneself)!
    • Grand Admiral Thrawn (voting and touching copy of "Heir to the Empire" at the same time)
    • Get a life Nurbs! Alexander the Great would own them both!

• 2 weeks later...
I voted get a life. I'm on old game spree right now.

Me in the Caesar III game, talk about strategie...

(Untill the enemy legion attacked...My prefects, the n00bs, they could easily handle them, but they attacked one by one. Result? Bloody-ness...Yeah, I was frustrated.. :blink: )

Greetings,

Saraya

That's nice that you are among those who believe in Alexander's absolute superiority! And don't call Ceasar III old strategie. I still play 1991's Centurion :shifty:

According to your profile, why don't you like Roman history, you grand Atlantean spirit?

Heh, at last someone asked about it:

Romans were the most bloody nation of the Ancient Times just after Assyrians. Their state led hundreds of conquest wars while Romans themselves were culturally very primitive and totally inferior to Greeks and Phoenicians. I can't forgive them that they destroyed hellenistic states and changed greek inventive era to 500 years of stagnant consumption and nothing more. And there is also barbaric genocide of Carthago, Jerusalem and Northern Tribes. Romans were primitives and they stole all their "culture" from the Greeks adding very little from themselves.

Of course there are many historians who love them, but my preferences are straight: I hate those arrogant jerks! <_<

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Of course there are many historians who love them, but my preferences are straight: I hate those jerks! <_<

Yeah I agree...

And they're my ancestors,god dammit :o ...I've never liked them..I've alwasy prefered the Dacian people to them :shifty:

I never understood why historians loved them :) ...must be all the blood thirstie gladiator battles :blink:

Of course there are many historians who love them, but my preferences are straight: I hate those arrogant jerks!
But after all they did, thousands of years later, they sure make a great computer game. (There is irony in there somewhere.)

Have you noticed, Nur, how many elements from popular films there are in Centurion? For example, Cleopatra who looks like Liz Taylor, Spartacus who (continually) leads a revolt, and then, of course, the sea battles and chariot racing.

I think Sid Meier said this about his Pirates! once, that all he did was incorporate the adventures from an old film.

Are you having conversations with yourself now >_< ?
And, no, Baley, I am not talking to myself. Even if you sometimes get that kind of impression. :shifty:

Revan is really Alexendar the Great

Thrawn is more like Alexander. Thrawn shares Alexandars vision in battle. Alexander could figure out an enemies plan just by looking at their formations. Thrawn would figure out an enemies plan in the same way, though he also could figure out a species just by their art.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

How dare any of you compare Revan and Thrawn to Alexander the Great? Alexander was GAY. He had his little men-slave and it's proven that he was a little curious at times. He was a drunk too. But none-the-less a brilliant tactician. His downfall would be when he was vunerable, probably gettin a BJ from one of his lientenants. :devil:

In ancient Greece all males were gays. And BTW Alexander was real while Revan is just a product of pop-culture :thumbsup: so you didn't get the joke.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

No just bisexual men in Greek .....................................Revan is not unless you play as a woman...............Juhani and Carth romance plots.

Alexander died from a tooth Ache. Revan is an immortal.

Revan is Not Culture Pop he is for the Star Wars Geeks

How dare any of you compare Revan and Thrawn to Alexander the Great? Alexander was GAY. He had his little men-slave and it's proven that he was a little curious at times. He was a drunk too. But none-the-less a brilliant tactician. His downfall would be when he was vunerable, probably gettin a BJ from one of his lientenants. :thumbsup:

Alexander wasn't concidered gay in his time. Macedonians thought nothing wrong with many of the things we condem today.Also gay or not, he ruled practically the known world. So try to lay off on the whole gay account. Who know's the next ruler of the world might be a drag queen.

Also Alexander died of an illness. I don't believe he was poisoned since it's been said that any poison would have killed him right away. Alexander lived some days after he was struck ill.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Also gay or not, he ruled practically the known world.

At that time the world was flat and very small...

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

In ancient Greece all males were gays.

No, actually. Many of the more prominent citizens were bisexual, but the vast majority of the common people were heterosexual. I still hold that for the sake of this argument, Revan ad Thrawn don't even come close to having the world-wide lasting impact that Alexander did...

Guest MacleodCorp

Thrawn is allways one step ahead. Unfortunatly, Thrawn is dead! They have something in common!

Trawn is an analyzer. Revan is a Jedi seeking power. Thrawn is an opprotunis. Revan has to worry about the Jedi and Sith only. Thrawn has to worry about betrayal from every angle. Thrawn is a military leader with a bigger ship than Revan's. Untill we have more about Revan, Thrawn is the most deadly.

Now, the question should end up being:

Trawn vs. Exile (The General)

Another point to consider is that Alexander won battles where he was often out-numbered. I haven't read the all Thrawn books, but wasn't he greatly outnumbered by the New Rupublic (Know anything, Nurb?)? Revan had the magic star forge spewing out ships all the time.

Even before he found the Star Forge...wasn't the Republic much larger than the Mandalorians terretory?

Thrawn was outnumbered 4 to 1 by NR. Or at least this is what you can conclude from Zahn.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Well in Mandalorian War Revan didn't have Star Forge yet and Mandalorians had total advantage, so he wasn't hopeless either 8)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: