Xbox vs PC

Lets see Xbox version played out of the box with no real problems.

The quicker MS kills off the PC as a viable games platform the better. People have become too used to the low quality crap now. For anything to change, patches are just accepted as normal.

It is inevitable just as previous platforms were replaced the PC as a games platform is no longer the first choice.

the Xbox is total crap at running Kotor-II

massive FPS slowdown

it dont have enough grunt , or mouse control

Oh I understood it, it just wasnt relevent.

Heres a clue for you. It's all about the games.

its about Game operating systems

software is a related issue

So you would rather have poor quality games that can be patched rather than high quality games which work 99% of the time ouf the box...

poor quality ?

plenty of Xbox games have glitches

the poor quality in a game is highly evident in console games , they have nowhere near the graphical quality the a computer monitor enables (even with Xbox2 & PS3 , they still are going to be used on 640x400 TVs , but then again the HDTV owners sure are going to have it sweet)

not untill the Xbox2 & PS3 will a console system ever going to have comparable gaming powere

its not even a contest at the moment

btw , are you against recieving patches ? lots of games get free added content due to PCs working over the internet (Xbox owners also have the excellent LIVE service)

Yes and many dont ... dont recall any bugs in Xbox games done by Tecno.

Also the Xbox games "lack the graphical quality" when thay end up being PC games ports because they simply try to stuff PC graphics on a TV and its simply not going to work very well.

The same affects the other consoles too, GTA:SA is clearly a PC game.

drakron.png

no its because consoles run on low resolution & run very little , if any AF & AA , & i didnt say all xbox games were buggy , but some definantly are

the problem with GTA SA is that its running on the PS2 , man is that thing a POS i dont even want to get started onit , basically GTA SA has more advanced textures & more complex AI programming causing the PS2 to get really badly bogged down

the PC version will play like night & day

show me a $300 computer built for gaming only that is better then the xbox.

I had my xbox for 3 years and only added a chip and a bigger HD. still less then $300 dollars. Plus I have alot of old school roms on it. Plus my load times are faster then my PC. :blink: crappy PC<xbox<modded xbox<Good PC.

However the problem is that you have to update your PC all the time to get the most out of some games.

The console is not for hardcore gamers but people who like to play games when they have time.

The thing is I want to be able to play a game when the mood strikes me, even if it is while I am writing a report for a class. If I had to do it on the console I would have to leave the computer room and trek to the lving rooom to do so. I like all my entertainment to be centralized in one location. You can't do that with a console, but you can with a PC.

no its because consoles run on low resolution & run  very little , if any AF & AA

The PS2 is less powerful that the other next generation consoles and still compare Silent Hill 3 to something like Doom 3.

They might be a lower resolution but its going to be the same resolution to everyone and they dont have to cramp so many display modes as PC games have to.

drakron.png

"They might be a lower resolution but its going to be the same resolution to everyone"

there is no might about it , games made up untill now are not really supporting HDTV

console games are only really displaying at 640 x 400 , that and their minimal grunt restricts AA & AF useage

Laptop. :D I use my laptop in the living room. Do you watch T.V. on your PC.

When the mood hits to play games I don't want to wait for the PC to get up and running. I turn on my Xbox and scroll to the game I want to play.

Not wanted to walk alittle is the saddest reason not to buy console I have ever seen. How lazy can you be. I though I was bad. :D

I choose to have both PC and console just for more options.

Why is the console game market kicking the crap out the PC game market?

Well first its cheaper to get a console and dont have to worry about having to upgrade it.

Second even if the Xbox put the horrible buggy releases on consoles you usually dont have to worry about bugs, console titles are (most of the time) clean with very few bugs (like the MGS2 elevator trick) that dont even affect the game.

The PC gaming was ruined by the players, they allowed games to be released with lesser and lesser Q&A to a point we all buy a game expecting a patch later on and the fact game developers/publishers are in bed with Nvidia and ATI so they create game around the latest card in the market, leaving the people that dont upgrade their computers every six months with a inferior experiance, its expensive to be a PC gamer.

drakron.png

The PC gaming was ruined by the players, they allowed games to be released with lesser and lesser Q&A to a point we all buy a game expecting a patch later on and the fact game developers/publishers are in bed with Nvidia and ATI so they create game around the latest card in the market, leaving the people that dont upgrade their computers every six months with a inferior experiance, its expensive to be a PC gamer.

Which pretty much leaves anyone without and internet connection (and a fast one at that given the size of these "patches) up **** creak without the proverbial paddle.

Tis indeed, I've saved a packet despite owning all three consoles and two handhelds.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Thats why I'm not a big PC gamer anymore. Which is sad because most people have a PC in there house. To bad they can't play the new games.

Me either, out of the few titles I bothered to buy. Dawn of War (wasnt bad cant stand playing RTS games on console). Sacred and Vampire, all but DOW went back to the store because they were buggy.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I am less a PC gamer because there is simply not good PC titles.

Adventure games are almost dead, RPGs are few, FPS are simply designed to be online first, RTS are simply the same thing and the few flight sims are simply too realistic and dry for me to play (how I miss Origin "Strike" series).

drakron.png

How well does a Computer 4 years old do with no upgrades do with new games. Xbox has not changed for 4 years. I buy a game today its will still work on my xbox.

depending on settings , as good or better than what the Xbox is capable (even better equipment was released during the same year the Xbox was released)

because developers saw where the market was headed

consoles are selling better than PCs & will generate more profits

does that in any make games play better on a low power console compared to a high power PC ? lol of course it doesnt

the downside is that many games are developed for the console system first & are being ported to the PC , where for the good of gamers everywhere , the power of the PC should be catered for first

The PC gaming was ruined by the players, they allowed games to be released with lesser and lesser Q&A to a point we all buy a game expecting a patch later on

you totally dont know what your on about whatsoever

and the fact game developers/publishers are in bed with Nvidia and ATI so they create game around the latest card in the market, leaving the people that dont upgrade their computers every six months with a inferior experiance, its expensive to be a PC gamer.

which is the correct way of developing a game

you dont purposely make you game look horrible & play more simple than you can just so people with 3 year old computers will have a smooth experience

you add settings to scale down the CPU & GPU power needed

& if your the owner of a 3 year old computer you shouldnt be expecting to run games on the max they an deliver

common sense

No but the better game makers will make console games because that is where the Money is.

depending on settings , as good or better than what the Xbox is capable (even better equipment was released during the same year the Xbox was released)

That really didn't anwser anything. yes or no can a PC four years back play the KOTOR 2 game today without upgrades? And how much was that PC?

the downside is that many games are developed for the console system first & are being ported to the PC , where for the good of gamers everywhere , the power of the PC should be catered for first

Sucks to own a

478327[/snapback]

Well, I will always be a PC gamer because I use the PC for everything. It is my stereo. My game machine. My internet connection. My word processor. My sketch pad. My DVD player. And so forth and so on. If they made a console that can do everything I do on a computer then I will get a console and not a moment sooner.