Xbox vs PC

Dare we say "Flame Bait"!!! Thats all this topic is going to become so why even bother? Everyone has their own opinion on which is better so the only way for you to make up your mind is to try both and then decide because by asking this simple question all your going to get is a lot of arguing over which is better nothing more..... saying you read past the first three or four posts that is.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

THis maybe premature since the PC patch is immanent(?), but I was wondering if anyone has both the PC and Xbox KOTOR 2's and which one played more smoothly/had an overall better feel?

Thanks in advance for any information.

All depends on the power of your PC.

But despite that RPG's, RTS, FPS, Point-and-click adventures and simulation/god-games just play better on a PC (including KOTOR2)

Ignore Stargate: 2000's false prophecy.

I played KOTOR on both, but I don't think I want to pay for KOTOR 2 twice in its current form. If Xbox is less glichy I'll buy it, but PC is easier to upgrade. I don't think there will be a content patch, so its simply a matter of polling to see which had less technical problems.

Ignore Stargate: 2000's false prophecy. 

I played KOTOR on both, but I don't think I want to pay for KOTOR 2 twice in its current form.  If Xbox is less glichy I'll buy it, but PC is easier to upgrade.  I don't think there will be a content patch, so its simply a matter of polling to see which had less technical problems.

Umm, ok why? I was simply giving you some sage advice when it comes to buying video games. Try for yourself!

I could tell you that I have the Xbox version and while I haven't had a great deal of serious problems with it, but I know of others who have had a hell of a time with it. I could also tell you that you should look into the tech support forums since they will give you a better idea of what people have been going through (ATI video cards seem to be a rather common problem). So over all the PC version is more buggy but has the ability to be modded and patched while the Xbox version is less buggy but can't be modded nor patched. So finally it comes down to the simple fact of which you feel more comfortable with, becase be it Xbox or PC you will have some problems no matter which you choose the only thing that changes is the size of the problem and how easy it is to fix.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

i wouldent know where to start as far as modding goes with an xbox,i know steam for half life2 was nightmare for alot of people but i think that sort of thing is the way forward seeing that their are so many diffrent pc set ups that are out their

It all depends on the game. KOTOR pc is very close to the xbox. I have used many of the PC mods on my xbox. I did have a light saber that looked like a big nerf bat. Almost didn't want to fix it. (w00t)

It just comes down to a matter of taste with controls and confort. some people like chairs other like there couch. Some like the mouse/key board (which you can now hook up to a xbox) others the controller(which you can use on the pc).

The x-box controller is an essential part of KOTOR, I think it would be strange playing it without it. :D

really agree. nothing beats navigating kotor 2 maps with a joystick. somehow the feeling totally beats navigating with a mouse... it really makes you feel like you're right there in onderon.

not to mention, if u have a huge tv like i do.............. woot. (my family had to stop watching their silly cooking shows for awhile... haha!)

xbox rules man.

but i'm going to start playing kotor 1 pc version soon... borrowed it from my boyfriend. lets see how that goes.

Let's say PC is a pretty good one.

PC Pros -

* Better Graphics

* Better Sound

* Better Load times

* Better Controls (imo)

PC Cons -

* Very unstable Atm

* Un-optimized engine for newer hardware

XBox Pros -

* Just pop in the DVD and play

XBox Cons -

* Some problems with Modded XBox, permenant bugs (Because Ms won't allow patches over XbL).

* 640x Resolution (Crap by most PC standards)

And I know, some of you are thinking, "I can hook up my xbox to ub33r Tv!!1!!"

However, I'm sure a lot of us PC users are hooking are GPUs to are own TVs :huh: (I'm playing mine on my HDTV ;))