What's your character build?

Torren Onasi - Carths evil brother:...

I went for the standard guardian/marauder build

Str - 14

Dex - 14

Int - 14

Wis - 12

Char - 10

No need to put points into charisma cause my persuade skill is always maxed, never liked force powers so just enough in wisdom to make any bonus points form items on this attributes worth it.

From here on get constitution up to 18 and add the rest to strength, mabe a couple in Dex to get a good bonus..... 

Prestige class 2 weapon fighting, master flurry

With Master Valour + Master Battle Meditation + Fury I can do A LOT of damage.

I gather you wasn't too concerned with lack of skills

also, alot of people nag that the game is too easy, perhaps they are powergaming, because when i play normally, regardless if i put all my points on DEX, i get hurt alot and fast....so unless you plan to use blasters until you get your saber, DEX can stay on 10. (it would allow you to wear Armour with restrictions on DEX bonuses.

I have noticed that i pick up Mandalorian Armour (10-13 Defence 0 DEX Bonus) more often then i pick up a Jedi Robe, which is really annoying.

So, thanks to Kotor II's crappy random loot generator, i have gotten bored of force powers, so i tend to put no points in WIS or CHA. (and no, the random loot does not make me wanna play it again to see what i can get the next time...it puts me off)

It was cool on Diablo II because your powers that used Mana was never, ever restricted by your armor.

I personally find it stupid when Force powers are restricted by Armour (well, non-jedi Armour anyway) because if it blocks your powers, then it would technically make it useless against anyone wearing armour.

They could have at least made it easier for Robes and Sabers to be looted and i don't mean to mysteriously loot a lightsaber or a robe off of a droid. (it then gets extremely stupid)

If i knew how to mod, i would make a better random loot mod.

Why don't you download the Mods that allows you to make Robes and armor on the workbench in the Ebon Hawk and other places? Real Jedi know how to sew :p

I already did, but my brother thinks that it is counted as cheating and that if you don't finish the game without cheating, then you really haven't finished the game.

Bah. That's nonsense. The only armors you can make are the Jal-Shey, Zeison Sha and some various Jedi Robes. None of the armors will make you a living god. It'll simply be an alternative way of getting your hands on some Jedi robes / armors for you and your partymembers.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Bah. That's nonsense. The only armors you can make are the Jal-Shey, Zeison Sha and some various Jedi Robes. None of the armors will make you a living god. It'll simply be an alternative way of getting your hands on some Jedi robes / armors for you and your partymembers.

That is besides the point.

Its like on Kotor I, i used to edit the saved game to change my Scoundrel from having Critical Strike to Flurry. (he would count that as cheating......is it?)

That is besides the point.

Its like on Kotor I, i used to edit the saved game to change my Scoundrel from having Critical Strike to Flurry. (he would count that as cheating......is it?)

That's a completely different thing.

I mean, if you can build / manufacture all kinds of upgrades for both armor and saber and weapon alike. Why shouldn't you be able to create a fairly decent armor?

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Hey if you're a Jedi Guardian with INT 8 won't it make you gain no skill points at all?

No, you'll always get 1 skill point no matter how low intelligence you have.

Consular / Sith Lord [...8/8/14/16/14/15...]

Playing on hard, I had to take energy resistence as first power to get through peragus, and I couldn't kill anything in less than 5 rounds.

The Exile doesn't have to kill anything on Peragus except for the 25 Sith at the end, and for this you can use the laser turret which does not have any attribute/skill requirements. The HK has to be killed, too, but you can leave the dirty work to Kreia and Atton (your high CHA should improve their attack rating, btw).

I also had to abandon all hope of beating the 5 handmaidens.

Have you tried to Whirlwind them off the mat? Your char has excellent Force DC so it should work. The Handmaidens are melee monsters, so only a melee monster can beat them in a fair fight anyway.

The truth is, I was not able to get past the first handmaiden with my bare hands and without force powers...

I am now on a quick run through of the game, i.e. I try to get through the game as quickly as possible, looking at the time played in the save game editor. Thanks for the tip regarding Peragus. It is amazing how many enemies, areas and quests you can just ignore.

There's my new build, I'm training him to be versatile with weaponry, including blasters. This idea was reinforced by my last Kotor playthrough where my idea of ranged weapons as being weak changed, Canderous, leveled with dex as the main stat, wearing a heavy exoskeleton and wielding the badass baragwin heavy repeater(the one that looked like his Ordo's heavy repeater) could kick ass and chew bubble gum in the Starforge, he dished out more pain then the other jedi, and neither bolt deflection or shields could take it, all the while saying "There it is !!" or "That's what I live for !!". Good ol' Canderous. :shifty: I say bring him back in Kotor3, there's one non-jedi who's not a liability.

post-11131-1112984213_thumb.jpg

I am now on a quick run through of the game, i.e. I try to get through the game as quickly as possible, looking at the time played in the save game editor. Thanks for the tip regarding Peragus. It is amazing how many enemies, areas and quests you can just ignore.

Sounds interesting. Please let us know how you fared ... We had a lot of fun with quick runs through Freelancer (times differentiated by number of battleship kills) and finding out things and discussing approaches in the forum was a big part of the fun.

Currently there is a similar undertaking in the form of Forna K. Shan's Minimum XP Challenge. Perhaps you can find some inspiration there. Min-XP allows for a more laid-back playing style and so it suits my current mood better. :D When the Quarterly Billing is over I'll have a stab at continuing my Mynx campaign.