Adding cut content to KotOR II. Some ideas...

a downloadable patch would be great, only kotor 2 for xbox is not live compatable.

i've played through the game a few times now, and it's evident the stuff they cut out. player dialogue that goes nowhere, missions that can't be completed,etc... in my personal opinion, i think obsidian sould rerelease it. now i don't know if this would work, but to prevent someone who bought the game already from paying too much, they should bring in some kind of proof that they bought the original version.

i do agree with most of the posts in this thread that said if they did release a special edition, they should put more than just the cut content on there. maybe a two disk set...

As far as good will goes, this can only help Obsidian. While it's true that Lucas will just be SOL, and in my opinion has a relativly poor repuation for a good reason (compare them now to when they were making games like the Dig, TIE FIghter, and Grim Fandango), this will restore faith in Obsidian. TSL is great, but adding cut content can only make their fans appreciate them even more or turn reluctant fans back. Simply put, there are going to be people who, for example, went and bought TSL the day it came out that won't do the same for KotOR III because of the cut content -- restoring it probably won't change that, but it certainly will make these customers more likely to buy future Obsidian products, since they know that if Obsidian, for whatever reason, slips up, they are willing to fix it.

In my opinion there will be no expansionpack, cause exp packs doesnt change game ending of the "core game". Im looking forward for content patch or KOTOR2: Directors Cut(or something like that).

It would be great if they could release an expansion pack/content pach. The only way we could get it though is paying money for it. I agree that people that have previously bought it should get some sort of discount. Maybe offering people who registered thier game (I am playing my brothers game so I am not exactly sure if there was some registration card with it. If not have them register for it on thier site) a price that covers the making of the CD itself plus one or two dollars (which in the long run would make them money. It may not be as much as they would like, but they did screw paying coustomers). I personaly dont think the game was "unfinished", IMO I thought it was an exellent game, simply because I didnt know about the cut content untill I read about it on these forums. I would still think that to even if I payed $50 of my own money and I am honestly thinking of doing it right now so that I can have it in my house to play when I feel like it (YES WITHOUT THE CUT CONTENT)

There is always going to be a problem for people who by games for consles (Me being one of them). Thats just something you take a chance of getting. One thing Xbox users have to look forward to is, that the new xbox requires all games to be Live enabled but still poses as a problem for people who dont pay for live.

One more thing, did anyone ever consider that they cut the content because it would conflict with things that happen in KotOR III :rolleyes:" .... You know, kinda like how in KotOR they cut DSF redeming herself and staying on the Star Forge with Carth. Just think how difficult making the sequels would be trying to cut out Revan and all the other main charactors.

...yea yea... ramble ramble...

I spit on Obsidian lamers. Modder community will take care of cut content like they improved many things in original KOTOR.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I always wait at least a month before I buy a game, to judge the reaction. So, here I am, happy I didn't pay for an apparently broken KOTOR 2. So I'm willing to pay for a SE/GotYE, or even an expansion, but I think that in terms of you guys, a patch would be the fairest way forward, since you've already paid.

Of course, I remember the first month or two of NWN :ermm:

so many bugs and so many unhappy campers. It was really nasty in the forums back then, but Bioware patched up a storm and now NWN 1.65 + CEP 1.51 is one of my favourite games. Lets hope Obsidian do the same. How soon we forget the long, hard road some games walk from initial release to final completion. We live in hope.

And I can't hate Lucas Arts, despite what seems to be a colossal screw up on their part. Everybody makes mistakes, I just hope they fix it. Why can't I hate Lucas Arts?

1) X-Wing vs Tiefighter + expansion

2) X-WIng Alliance

3) Monkey Island

4) Afterlife

5) KOTOR

So, I conclude, with hope.

That's true, I suppose... The only bugs I really experienced was the occasional crash to desktop and dialouge occassionally skipping. I've played it through twice already and I love the game as much as the first. :rolleyes:

You're missing out if you're waiting to buy the game. It's exceptional and awesome.

I'm not "missing out" so much as simply waiting. The game will still be there when the patch comes out, just (hopefully) less buggy.

That is definitely true. Even if no new content is added, the patch should make the game more stable, and also hopefully fix some of those odd scripting errors and other issues.

You're missing out if you're waiting to buy the game. It's exceptional and awesome.

I DO look forward to playing it. Even if only to increase the chance of a KOTOR 3. The added depth to character creation and the new NPC's seem splendid. I'd like to find someone who owns the PC and the Xbox version to hear them compare the two bug-wise, since the PC patch will apparently add no new content to the story.

And I can't hate Lucas Arts, despite what seems to be a colossal screw up on their part.  Everybody makes mistakes, I just hope they fix it.  Why can't I hate Lucas Arts?

2) X-WIng Alliance

3) Monkey Island

4) Afterlife

5) KOTOR

MONKEY ISLAND what a classic!

But to be fair a lot of those games were from a different era in Lucasarts history, when the original Monkey Island was released they had no interest in producing Star Wars games, and in fact, tended to be very clear about this when employing people. Lucasarts was originally intended to be about quality video games, especially adventure games, and not Star Wars franchises. And it showed. Monkey Island still stands as a classic, more than that, as a benchmark.. even if the 4th and 5th installments got a bit ropey and self referencing.

Then they made brief forays in the form of X-Wing vs Tie fighter, Dark Forces... but generally. it wasn't about Star Wars.. Now it is about Star Wars... and its all about the mighty dollar before quality. or it seems that way to me.. Point in hand, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds... terrible game.. like they had to get together with Micro****e and see just how bad a Star Wars game they could make. There's a collaboration of two evils for you. Well some of you may have liked it, but you'd be wrong :lol:

Frankly I think Lucasarse has a lot to prove before the general buying public will put the same trust in them as they might have done in the late 80s and early 90s.

The day used to be when the Lucasarse label was one of guaranteed quality, not guaranteed Star Wars merchandising, with the occasional quality product slipping out amongst the quagmire. But then again, in those days no-one would have DARED release a buggy game. that would have been commercial suicide. Just because the internet is out there to facilitate downloads the whole culture has changed and now its considered OK to put things out before they are ready because you can fix it later. And there were probably MANY games in the past which had content dropped, and likely never had the opportunity to be restored, But at least they worked.

I just think its a crying shame there even needs to be a content download, cos it just shows how far its gone, when not only are games released in such an unstable state, but also with plot holes like this. At least when content had to be dropped in years past it was done so cleanly.

Frankly I think you're wise to wait. yes you are missing out on some damn good stuff, but why not hang on and get the full uncomplicated, and potentially uncut (or at least less cut) version of the game.

All the rest of us will have to play the game AGAIN to get this. and much as I love it the replay appeal is only going to last for me for maybe 4-5 outings, if that.

Sorry if I went a little off topic but the mention of Monkey Island kinda made me think how things have changed :rolleyes:

And I can't hate Lucas Arts, despite what seems to be a colossal screw up on their part.  Everybody makes mistakes, I just hope they fix it.  Why can't I hate Lucas Arts?

2) X-WIng Alliance

3) Monkey Island

4) Afterlife

5) KOTOR

And how long has it been since LA actually MADE a good game? I respected them when they made the first four games on the list, but you can't give them credit for KOTOR -- they simply liscenced and published the game, they didn't make it. LA has become far more concerned with making as much money as possible than with making games, and it shows.

2) X-WIng Alliance

3) Monkey Island

4) Afterlife

5) KOTOR

MONKEY ISLAND what a classic!

But to be fair a lot of those games were from a different era in Lucasarts history, when the original Monkey Island was released they had no interest in producing Star Wars games, and in fact, tended to be very clear about this when employing people. Lucasarts was originally intended to be about quality video games, especially adventure games, and not Star Wars franchises. And it showed. Monkey Island still stands as a classic, more than that, as a benchmark.. even if the 4th and 5th installments got a bit ropey and self referencing.

Then they made brief forays in the form of X-Wing vs Tie fighter, Dark Forces... but generally. it wasn't about Star Wars.. Now it is about Star Wars... and its all about the mighty dollar before quality. or it seems that way to me.. Point in hand, Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds... terrible game.. like they had to get together with Micro****e and see just how bad a Star Wars game they could make. There's a collaboration of two evils for you. Well some of you may have liked it, but you'd be wrong :p

Frankly I think Lucasarse has a lot to prove before the general buying public will put the same trust in them as they might have done in the late 80s and early 90s.

The day used to be when the Lucasarse label was one of guaranteed quality, not guaranteed Star Wars merchandising, with the occasional quality product slipping out amongst the quagmire. But then again, in those days no-one would have DARED release a buggy game. that would have been commercial suicide. Just because the internet is out there to facilitate downloads the whole culture has changed and now its considered OK to put things out before they are ready because you can fix it later. And there were probably MANY games in the past which had content dropped, and likely never had the opportunity to be restored, But at least they worked.

I just think its a crying shame there even needs to be a content download, cos it just shows how far its gone, when not only are games released in such an unstable state, but also with plot holes like this. At least when content had to be dropped in years past it was done so cleanly.

Frankly I think you're wise to wait. yes you are missing out on some damn good stuff, but why not hang on and get the full uncomplicated, and potentially uncut (or at least less cut) version of the game.

All the rest of us will have to play the game AGAIN to get this. and much as I love it the replay appeal is only going to last for me for maybe 4-5 outings, if that.

Sorry if I went a little off topic but the mention of Monkey Island kinda made me think how things have changed :geek:

Heck yeah. Those old games never crashed. I still play Civ 2, Conquest of the new world and Transport Tycoon.

Maybe KOTOR 3 should be done in a really retro style, like text-based or point and click, or even better... (w00t) ...Republic Tycoon/SIM Republic! Turn a primative planet into the hub of a galaxy-spanning power. Will you create a thriving trade-democracy, or forge an evil Tyranny?

:huh:

Wow, did I just say that? I think I better run before someone sees that last suggestion. That would really kill Lucas Arts/Obsidian forever.

Killing Lucas Arts would be good. Killing Obsidian would be bad. Lets give them 3 games first and see if they can make something nice. As far as LucasArts is concerned they have only published 2 games I consider decent and made nothing that I would play.