If the exile does not have memory loss...

I think a perfect quote for this would be the one from Vrook, on the Council meeting on Dantooine. "What you feel is not the strength of a Jedi" and the rest that followed. The Exile's new strength was not the normal Jedi strength, it was the strength he drained from others as he killed them.

On another note, it's hinted on Paragus that the Exile didnt really forget everything concerning the Force. When Exile rediscovers the Force, no matter what form it comes in, Kreia says "Come, I shall guide you down the familiar paths". Maybe the Exile only needed someone to help him remember, and that is what Kreia did.

It's also true that Kreia tought him powers like he never heard of them, which might just mean he was not tought them as a Padawan. Perhaps Jedi Knights learn these powers at a later stage, and perhaps some powers are not learned at all (Force Sight?).

Not everything is like riding a bicycle - some things you learn, but if you neglect it you can forget it in time.

Instead of comparing Force usage to something like reading, I'd rather compare it to something like math (yes, math <_< ) - from experience I can say that you can learn and know math perfectly, but if you stop excerizing you will forget how to do it after a while.

And Kbned, if you really dont care, then stop argueing. You're not even considering others' point of view, you just try to preach your own opinions to them. Not everything you say is right, and oftenly, when you're the only one saying it, it means it's not right.

Edit: On a last note, notice Kreia is not exactly your typical Jedi or Sith teacher. She teaches the Exile her own teachings, which he hasnt learned before. In fact, part of the reason she traveled with him was to teach him her own, unique teachings.

she taught more than that all in the same way and the exile responded the same way. if you admit those powers he learned from her you should be able to admit the others too.

That is the silliest argument yet. You know, once very long ago, I went to high school, and my math teacher did not in fact teach me everything I learned there.

The Exile learns from experience and from Visas, and the Handmaiden or Disciple, and even from T3.

So no, I would not ever "admit" that Kreia teaches her/him everything beyond the three obscure powers she directly teaches the Exile, and beyond re-awakening her/him to the Force in the first place.

Revan didnt have any of those additional powers. So they must have come from inside the exile at some point. No reason that Kreia would not teach them to Revan otherwise is there.

Well, I think the only reason Revan didnt have those unique powers was because Bioware didnt want to implement them as part of the game system. Obsidian is much more daring in that matter.

But the Exile RIPPED himself out of it, and never stops being a wound, does he??? So, he himself can have no connection...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Re. riding a bike...if you're anything like me, I know how to ride a bike, but after several years of not riding one, I'm very unsteady and just need a helping hand.

Since Kreia has the force bond with the Exile, she could either be telling him what to do, which he probably doesn't need, or she could be showing him through the connection they share. Sometimes you know the rules...you know the math to be using, but you've forgotten how to apply it.

To expand on what Wycked was saying.

But the Exile RIPPED himself out. Others keep connections! Kreia herself says this! The Exile isn't blocked by a wall like Ulic, but a massive VACUUM! I still think that he uses it through others, like EVERY Master says...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

But the Exile RIPPED himself out of it, and never stops being a wound, does he??? So, he himself can have no connection...

He could have healed himself by training the others even being around others and feeling again might have been enough. Going into exile and becoming a wandering recluse may have just delayed him re establishing his connection. The Jedi never understood what happened anyway so I wouldnt call them infalible.

And if the force bonds are so important. Where is the power coming from on Malachor V ? Is he drawing it from the planet.

It has more than a few paralells with cases of sevre psychological trauma.

It may have also been part of the reason for the journey to the old battlegrounds. Facing up to the feelings he had shut out and coming to terms with them.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It says all over that he draws it from unusual sorces. The Stronger those around him, the stronger he becomes. Besides, the Sith use a technique like his, and the stronger those around, the stronger the Sith Assassins are....

Geekified Star Wars Geek

But the Exile RIPPED himself out. Others keep connections! Kreia herself says this! The Exile isn't blocked by a wall like Ulic, but a massive VACUUM! I still think that he uses it through others, like EVERY Master says...

I'm not disagreeing with you. In fact, I understand that. And that is why the Exile needs Kreia's help....he may have retained the knowledge of how one uses force powers, like one might retain the knowledge of a physics formula, but his understanding of its application is gone.

I do believe in the end, the return to Malachor, that the Exile is beginning to heal - as the Disciple says, she must, or things will only continue to get worse.

I think so too. As I see it, without healing, Exile would become just like Darth Nihilus, which was exactly what the Council was afraid of. Maybe Nihilus took advantage of his ability as a wound in the Force, and became dependant on it in time, while the Exile neglects it.

I think so too. As I see it, without healing, Exile would become just like Darth Nihilus, which was exactly what the Council was afraid of. Maybe Nihilus took advantage of his ability as a wound in the Force, and became dependant on it in time, while the Exile neglects it.

I think thats what made the exile different. The others embraced and reveled in their powers. The exile turned away from them.

But in doing so took the whole exile thing way too seriously. Because you are told that the Jedi dont have the power to exile you, so it's a self imposed exile and because they never faced up to what happened they could not feel. Not just the force, but they also cut themselves off from the feelings of others by moving around, never settling long enough to form relationships.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think thats what made the exile different. The others embraced and reveled in their powers. The exile turned away from them.

But in doing so took the whole exile thing way too seriously. Because you are told that the Jedi dont have the power to exile you, so it's a self imposed exile and because they never faced up to what happened they could not feel. Not just the force, but they also cut themselves off from the feelings of others by moving around, never settling long enough to form relationships.

One difference. Nihilus sucks the connection btwn Life and the Force, feeding on both. It says this over and over, but the reasons are controversial, and I'm getting tired of saying the same things over and over, so I'll leave them be for now.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

she taught more than that all in the same way and the exile responded the same way. if you admit those powers he learned from her you should be able to admit the others too.

That is the silliest argument yet. You know, once very long ago, I went to high school, and my math teacher did not in fact teach me everything I learned there.

The Exile learns from experience and from Visas, and the Handmaiden or Disciple, and even from T3.

So no, I would not ever "admit" that Kreia teaches her/him everything beyond the three obscure powers she directly teaches the Exile, and beyond re-awakening her/him to the Force in the first place.

come on all those powers were introduced the same way! the exile repsonds in the same way, as if he were learning something new. you cant seriously say that only those 3 he didnt already know... i was close to the win there...

I think the exile needs Kreia only at the beggining, slowly by helping others he is oppenign himself to the force little by little. He is healing slowly, but this makes sense only if he is LS.

If he is DS then I think he may become something like Nihilus.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

kbned, I have no clue what you are talking about now.

What other powers exactly are you claiming Kreia directly taught the Exile? Because she surely doesn't teach the ones you choose as you level up - only those you get the nifty little cutscene or whatever for.

I've listed all of those I can remember offhand, the rest the Exile learns from experience (leveling up), Visas, the Handmaiden... or even the death of the Masters.