Mix up the dialouge

Well the morality of KOTOR (and of star wars in general) was not exactly subtle. Responses are either blatantly light side (Keep your reward, you need it), middle of the road (why thank you), or blatantly dark side (Give me more or i'll kill you). Even if they were mixed up in the dialogue box, it wouldn't exactly be difficult to figure out which is good and which is bad.

I think even if it's mixed up, the answers would be quite obvious.

answer 1: can i please have some information?

answer 2: give me the information or i will kill you!

I think no matter which order you put those two in, and how many others you separate them with, it's still obvious which would lead to DS and LS.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think the dialogue should be split a little more. For instance, I tried playing KOTOR this last time as a good jedi who was struggling with the dark side...but it didn't work very well. The choices were too cut and dried, it was difficult to be selfish without threatening violence in a lot of situations. Falling to the darkside doesn't just happen all at once.

Also, what happens if you confuse the player, and they accidently get darkside instead of light, or vice-versa? What if there was a different meaning to what you said, but the game developers didn't realize it? There are plenty of holes in having subtle dialog.

Or better yet, if they created "dead end" paths...

basically start with a subtle Light/Dark choice.... then lead you down to one or the other as the big choice in the conversation... with no option to flip flop back to the other path.

I really hope that made sense :)

basically start with a subtle Light/Dark choice.... then lead you down to one or the other as the big choice in the conversation... with no option to flip flop back to the other path.

I really hope that made sense ;)

That always drives me nuts when you run into a path like that. Your "good" character says something smart mouthed, but not necessarily evil, and before you know it you are threatening to kill them and wear their a$$es as hats.

In the first game the dialouge was set out in lightside down to darkside options. Could KOTOR 2 have the dialouge mixed about to its not so obvious?

so we have to use our own inititive, and decide which is the most good/evil/neutral thing to do, worded a little less obviously to. i think that would be a good new spin on the whole thing :rolleyes:

I really hope that made sense :p

That made no sense at all, Zoe. ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think even if it's mixed up, the answers would be quite obvious.

answer 1: can i please have some information?

answer 2: give me the information or i will kill you!

I think no matter which order you put those two in, and how many others you separate them with, it's still obvious which would lead to DS and LS.

answer 3: how much is this going to cost me?

answer 4: is that your speeder? it's a nice one all right. now if you don't answer my questions something bad just might happen to it.

etc.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Yes, the concept of the Jedi strugging with the dark side is a fun one, but a concept that KOTOR just doesn't let you do. The options were way too polarized. You need more ways to vent hatred, but still deny a reward. Such as speaking of how the Mandalorian raiders on Dantooine got what they deserved for all the bad things they did, and that bringing justice to them was its own reward. (Note that lightsiders aren't supposed to believe in killing.)

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

I did seem like their were more darkside options in the game than LS. I got LS ful with the beam of light behind me by doing the dantooine thing. I came extremely close though on my third game. I think I couldn't do it because of mistakes of hitting the button on wrong phrase and when i killed captives in the cave on korriban to get that uber energy shiled that gave 100 electrical and energy points.