Is this a bug ? *spoiler alert*

Just had a horrendous time on Telos and wanted to know if I've found a major bug or not. Ive been playing as a lightside fighter and Ive been helping the Ithorians and fighting against the Czerka.

I got a quest from the Ithorian leader to hack the Czerka mainframe so off I go as the droid and get the info they need. When I get back to the Ithorians I revert to my main character but theres no sign of my 2 companions. Im told I can go to the surface in a shuttle so off I go thinking its strange that my 2 buddies are missing but maybe its a solo mission like the droid one.

At the shuttle bay I get the message the Ithorians are being attacked so I leg it back and have to fight a hord of mercs and war droids on my lonesome. This takes ages to do and I use up every medpac Ive got - I have to back out and go to the medbay up the concourse and turn half my inventory into chemicals to make more medpacs.

By the time I've finished saving the Ithorians Im barely alive, have no medpacs and very little inventory. I head off for the shuttle and low and behold when I get to the surface my 2 buddies have mysteriously appeared.

Im thinking that my 2 companions disappearing is just a bug and they should have been there to help fight the mercs and droids particularly since the severity of the fight was way over the top compared to anything before it.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

You should be able to go to the party selection screen. That's what I did, right after the Droid mission.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

After the Czerka thing, you show back up by youself talking to the Ithorians....just open up your party selection tab and reselect your party members....

Happened to me too. I visited the party selection screen often...

on two planets Kreia mysteriously appeared when I had not chosen her,

(replacing another companion) just to lecture me again... to bad the Ebon

Hawk doesn't have smuggler space to stow the old hag in.

(am I the only one who just didn't like Kreia as companion? Why isn't

there an option to ditch a companion forever, i.e. G0-T0, Kreia... if

they are important to the plotline they can follow me around in their rented

shuttle).

Trumbo

Thanks for the replies - I didnt think of going to the party screen mainly because there was no sign of my companions in the room when I reappeared as the main chatracter.

Nor is there any prompt from the game - do you want to add people to your party ?

Remember the first room in Kotor 1?

So now I either have to play on and try to rebuild my lost inventory or go back to previous game save which I have a feeling is several hours back. Great !!

Even knowing theres a workaround I would call this a very big oversight on the part of the developers.

Just had a horrendous time on Telos and wanted to know if I've found a major bug or not. Ive been playing as a lightside fighter and Ive been helping the Ithorians and fighting against the Czerka.

I got a quest from the Ithorian leader to hack the Czerka mainframe so off I go as the droid and get the info they need. When I get back to the Ithorians I revert  to my main character but theres no sign of my 2 companions. Im told I can go to the surface in a shuttle so off I go thinking its strange that my 2 buddies are missing but maybe its a solo mission like the droid one.

At the shuttle bay I get the message the Ithorians are being attacked so I leg it back and have to fight a hord of mercs and war droids on my lonesome. This takes ages to do and I use up every medpac Ive got - I have to back out and go to the medbay up the concourse and turn half my inventory into chemicals to make more medpacs.

By the time I've finished saving the Ithorians Im barely alive, have no medpacs and very little inventory. I head off for the shuttle and low and behold when I get to the surface my 2 buddies have mysteriously appeared.

Im thinking that my 2 companions disappearing is just a bug and they should have been there to help fight the mercs and droids  particularly since the severity of the fight was way over the top compared to anything before it.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

No, this is not a bug. Just your own stupidity! Just kidding. All you need to do is go to the party screen and select your npcs, as someone has already mentioned.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

This is definitely an instance where the devs should have a pop-up that tells you that you can re-add party members.

I did the exact same thing my first time through. I thought it was a "forced" sequence with just your PC, so I didn't bother to look at my Party Selection screen. I later found out, after coming to these forums, that you are SUPPOSED to have your party with you because right before you kill the lead Merc, he says something like, "Is this the best you could come up with to save you? I guess we will just have to kill THEM (not him/her) as well".

That is what tipped me off that I had missed something. Either that, or this game was even more bugged than we thought ;)

Because the protocol droid is solo, your solo when control returns to your character. I dont see how it managed to confuse anyway, but it obviously did. A similiar thing happens on Dantooine prior to the mercs attack.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Because the protocol droid is solo, your solo when control returns to your character. I dont see how it managed to confuse anyway, but it obviously did.

You just answered your own question.

Players are already into the "flow" of the game at this point, so they DO overlook this.

But then again, anyone is an idiot compared to you I've noticed if we don't "get" or "like" this game in a lot of your posts. Whatever...

Happened to me too. I visited the party selection screen often...

on two planets Kreia mysteriously appeared when I had not chosen her,

(replacing another companion) just to lecture me again... to bad the Ebon

Hawk doesn't have smuggler space to stow the old hag in.

(am I the only one who just didn't like Kreia as companion? Why isn't

there an option to ditch a companion forever, i.e. G0-T0, Kreia... if

they are important to the plotline they can follow me around in their rented

shuttle).

Trumbo

I didn't really like Kreia either, but being an XP whroe, I had to keep her around

In case anybody doesn't know, Kreia gives an XP bonus (up to 15% at higher levels, I believe)

As others have said, whenever you find yourself alone, simply bring up your party selection screen to see if you can add your companions back into your party.

And don't feel bad. The game does a lot of jumping around at times and it's easy to get caught up in the moment.