Hey Devs! What about the Xbox?

Actually they could put out a a patch or expansion for the XBox - they did it with KOTOR 1 when they put the Yavin Station extra content stuff on a CD and distributed for free with some Gaming magazine.  The fact that XBox has a built in harddrive allows for this kind of thing so I think it would be easy to do.

My impression is that you have to build this capability in from the start, and AFAIK Obsidian didn't do that.

Xbox been out how long?

How many Xbox games had patches?

(no, Morrowind GotY is not a patch)

Understand this, MS does NOT ALLOW XBOX LIVE TO BE USED TO PATCH GAMES, that service was designed for multiplayer purposes in the first place and they know if they allowed to be used in such way that means publishers would do the same as they do in PC, release first-patch later.

If you see a Xbox game that also have a PC version (but not a PS2 or CG version) be careful since likely its going to be as bugged as the PC version.

drakron.png

Xbox been out how long?

How many Xbox games had patches?

(no, Morrowind GotY is not a patch)

Understand this, MS does NOT ALLOW XBOX LIVE TO BE USED TO PATCH GAMES, that service was designed for multiplayer purposes in the first place and they know if they allowed to be used in such way that means publishers would do the same as they do in PC, release first-patch later.

If you see a Xbox game that also have a PC version (but not a PS2 or CG version) be careful since likely its going to be as bugged as the PC version.

Well, maybe Live wasn't designed for that use, but that is what is has been used for.....whether it be for bugs or content. However, you understand this. Whether or not Microsoft allows Xbox Live to be used for patches doesn't matter in relation to K2. IT IS NOT LIVE ENABLED. So, if a patch was created, it would be on a CD.

Anyway, I have a feeling that nothing is going to be done and we Xboxer's will be left high and dry. How many Developer replies have you seen concerning this subject?

i got the xbox version and i knew the risks going in (ie. not being able to fix or patch things).  thems the risks when you buy the console version over the pc version.

And that pretty much sums it up.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, maybe Live wasn't designed for that use, but that is what is has been used for.....whether it be for bugs or content.  However, you understand this.  Whether or not Microsoft allows Xbox Live to be used for patches doesn't matter in relation to K2.  IT IS NOT LIVE ENABLED.  So, if a patch was created, it would be on a CD.

Ah but Live is a closed network, MS controls its content and use.

I belive TSL failed to meet Live standarts and that is why its not Live enabled, also even if you put then in a DVD you cannot download its contents into the Xbox without some sort of installer program that allows for that since we have no control over the Xbox hard drive.

I dont think MS would allow such a program anymore it allows modded Xboxes.

I own a Xbox and understand very well you guys having all the rights to be mad, expecialy when LucasArts recently published Mercenaries that appears to be bug free (or at least as bug free as console titles usually are) with the only diference of TSL and Mercenaries is that one is for PC and Xbox and the other for Xbox and PS2.

drakron.png

Actually they could put out a a patch or expansion for the XBox - they did it with KOTOR 1 when they put the Yavin Station extra content stuff on a CD and distributed for free with some Gaming magazine.  The fact that XBox has a built in harddrive allows for this kind of thing so I think it would be easy to do.

Really? I downloaded it on Xbox Live as an easter egg thing ... What magazine was that? Hmmm....

Yes I agree, they can do it. As I have said numerous times, it has been done for Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon. That

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png