I'm dissapointed

No, it ws Obsidian. The game was always scheduled to be released between December and this month. The schedule wasn't really changed.

So? It's a ridiculously short time to develop a game regardless of when it was decided. I'm quite amazed Obsidian managed to do what they did, given the situation. If I tell you that you have until tomorrow to develop cold fusion, is it your fault if you fail?

"Almost true, you knew that she was evil almost from the start. But her reasons eluded me until the ending."

Meh. It was obvious. Her motivation was hate. Pure (or unpure) hate. HATE. HATE. HATE.

What I laugh at is how the PC is forced to act 'surprised' when she betrays and slaughters the last 3 Jedi Masters. I mean, seriously, that was no surprise.

R00fles!

Heh, so you figured out that she wanted to have revenge on Atris, Sion, Nihilus, the Jedi Counsil and she wanted to destroy the force after leaving Telos?

But i shouldn't be that hard on you, i have several relatives in North Bay(Forsman) and i don't want to bring harm to my kin :ph34r:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"So? It's a ridiculously short time to develop a game regardless of when it was decided. I'm quite amazed Obsidian managed to do what they did, given the situation. If I tell you that you have until tomorrow to develop cold fusion, is it your fault if you fail?"

a. They knew the deal when they signed the contract. if they thought just over a year was too short of time to develop the game properly they coulda *gasped* passed or convined LA intelligently they needed more time. Instead, they pretended it was enough time - just read their posts pre release. Never once do i remember them saying the duration was too short.

b. Are you forcing me on pain of death; or was it my choice? If I chose to signa contract knwoing when you required the cold fusion; yes; it would be my fault.

"Heh, so you figured out that she wanted to have revenge on Atris, Sion, Nihilus, the Jedi Counsil and she wanted to destroy the force after leaving Telos?"

That's right. I also knew exactly what everyone would say to me word for word. :rolleyes:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That's right. I also knew exactly what everyone would  say to me word for word. :rolleyes:

Damn, you should become a detective :thumbsup:

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Heh, so you figured out that she wanted to have revenge on Atris, Sion, Nihilus, the Jedi Counsil and she wanted to destroy the force after leaving Telos?

Pretty much, yeah. I managed to get most of her history out of her by then. If there's any of her dialogue that you can't access with the influence you gain from conversations, I haven't seen it (even after several cut scenes and discussions about the force). While there were some things that I didn't know or wasn't sure of, I was quite certain of her motives (destroying the force in one way or the other). After the Harbringer, her relationship with Sion was not much of a mystery and her dislike for the Jedi was pretty obvious from her conversations. Other than that I suspect Nihilus was her apprentice at one point, I didn't know anything about that (though I'm hardly surprised given that by the end of the game, I still didn't know anything about him other than his power to devour planets that everyone seem to moan about constantly). Can't say I noticed any great desire to do anything to Atris either.

They knew the deal when they signed the contract. if they thought just over a year was too short of time to develop the game properly they coulda *gasped* passed or convined LA intelligently they needed more time. Instead, they pretended it was enough time - just read their posts pre release. Never once do i remember them saying the duration was too short.

They could've passed, but that would've been a bad idea regardless of the time fram. Obsidian is a new company, they need to get games out on the market ASAP. A KotOR sequel is too big to pass on. As for the time, LA would probably not have extended the time regardless of who asked them. If pressed, they would've asked someone else to do it.

Offically stating that the time was too short? That'd be suicide. Blame your publisher, and you got a bad image. Not to mention that LA is more than capable of crushing you if they feel like it.

I doubt anyone could've made the game much better unless LA had given more time. And they wouldn't have, they would've asked someone else to do it instead. LA is not exactly known for their desire to produce quality games.

"They could've passed, but that would've been a bad idea regardless of the time fram. Obsidian is a new company, they need to get games out on the market ASAP. A KotOR sequel is too big to pass on."

Game over. This proves it wa sjust about the money for Obsidian. I mean who cares if they knew the duration was too short. They were gonna do it. If LA had told them get it done in 6 months; they would ahve taken the job anyways. *yawn* Seems to be if we go by YOUR theory; Obsidian is just another greedy corporate entity.

I disagree. My theory is more kind to Obsidian. When LA first told them they had x amount of time; Obsidian may have thought it was short; but felt cpaable enough to make the attempt. Sadly, not all things work out and they planned a certain amount fo things and realzied too late they planned for too much - hence the cuts, and haphazard things we see.. No great cosnpriacy; not just about money; just normal human mistakes.

"LA is not exactly known for their desire to produce quality games."

False. One just has to look at the quality ofg KOTOR1 to see that's not true. Not to mention, LA has made quality game either as a publisher or a developer. Nice try; though.

ahem...

when exactly did the force bond between Kreia and the exile break?

It did break when Kreia died. It was never lethal, she simply lied to you.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Mesh: Um.. She lied about many things; but not that. I don't think she actaully expresses that you *will* die if she dies; but you *may* die.

Only at the end when you threaten to kill her does she taunt you with the pausibility; but with awareness you can taunt her right back that you know that's it's not likely and if it does occur it'll be worth it. <>

Malaovon: Thanks. :rolleyes: Who are you, btw?

"They could've passed, but that would've been a bad idea regardless of the time fram. Obsidian is a new company, they need to get games out on the market ASAP. A KotOR sequel is too big to pass on."

Game over. This proves it wa sjust about the money for Obsidian. I mean who cares if they knew the duration was too short. They were gonna do it. If LA had told them get it done in 6 months; they would ahve taken the job anyways. *yawn* Seems to be if we go by YOUR theory; Obsidian is just another greedy corporate entity.

I disagree. My theory is more kind to Obsidian. When LA first told them they had x amount of time; Obsidian may have thought it was short; but felt cpaable enough to make the attempt. Sadly, not all things work out and they planned a certain amount fo things and realzied too late they planned for too much - hence the cuts, and haphazard things we see.. No great cosnpriacy; not just about money; just normal human mistakes.

"LA is not exactly known for their desire to produce quality games."

False.  One just has to look at the quality ofg KOTOR1 to see that's not true. Not to mention, LA has made quality game either as a publisher or a developer. Nice try; though.

Sadly, Obsidian didn't have the luxury that several other developers have (almost everyone of them): To delay the release.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I wouldn't call a will to stay alive greedy. They are new and need to establish themselves. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but the ethics and morals of most people will often find itself ignored in favour of such things as eating.

False. One just has to look at the quality ofg KOTOR1 to see that's not true. Not to mention, LA has made quality game either as a publisher or a developer. Nice try; though.

So you base that on one game? The jedi knights games, for example, were no work of art. In fact, I can't recall a single game (with the exception of KotOR) since about 95 when the windows version of TIE fighter was released that was much to look at, or anything but clones of the exact same thing with different graphics.

"Sadly, Obsidian didn't have the luxury that several other developers have (almost everyone of them): To delay the release."

Thems the breaks.

"I wouldn't call a will to stay alive greedy. They are new and need to establish themselves. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but the ethics and morals of most people will often find itself ignored in favour of such things as eating."

Not my fault people are weak.

"So you base that on one game? The jedi knights games, for example, were no work of art. In fact, I can't recall a single game (with the exception of KotOR) since about 95 when the windows version of TIE fighter was released that was much to look at, or anything but clones of the exact same thing with different graphics."

Seems to me people have been enjoying LA games for years, or esle they'd be out of business a long time ago.

I'd argue that most people buy the games because they are Star Wars, not because they are any good. Sort of like how Uwe Boll is allowed to continue producing movies (see a couple of them and tell me that anyone could like them, I dare you).

Well LA did make some good games

Well KOTOR 1 was  the best game I have ever played.

Jedi Outcast  - great game! The sequel to that one, however, sucked badly

I have to disagree with you there, mate. I loved JA, it was just a pity it was too short. I mean, JA rocks - you get to go to Korriban as it is properly shown in the comics, not KOTOR - you go inside the real tomb of Marka Ragnos!

I'd argue that most people buy the games because they are Star Wars, not because they are any good. Sort of like how Uwe Boll is allowed to continue producing movies (see a couple of them and tell me that anyone could like them, I dare you).

If that was true, then I would have bought Battlefront and Jedi Knight too.

But the only Star Wars games I've bought are KOTOR 1 & 2.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Just finished the game as Evil. Wow. All for nothing.

I never liked Kreia and sought to kill her since the beginning. She was a nuisance from the start. I have missed the part with bastila it seems, but really..

I never got the choice of choosing if Revan was a girl or a boy, when was that??

Also, in most video sequences, the screen flash, like it's "switching" and turning off before i see it. I have the feeling i lose some of the story bit by bit.