Ending question (possible spoilers)

They basically died as a race..so naturally nobody saved them :)

Of course they died in time..in 1000 years but they DID die anyway

That is one possible path. Maybe if you let mandalore recruit enuff Madalorians during the game you could have gotten a differen't ending.

So are you saying that the best out come you can get is a slow 1000 year death compared to some shorter time line?

I am just curious.

That is one possible path. Maybe if you let mandalore recruit enuff Madalorians during the game you could have gotten a differen't ending.

So are you saying that the best out come you can get is a slow 1000 year death compared to some shorter time line?

I am just curious.

I don't actually *know*, but I'm pretty sure that would have been a constant. You really can't change what happens in the films after all. (in case u were wondering what the hell im talking about, jango fett was a mandalorian, the last one i *think*) And it wasn't 1000years...she said millenia, as in plural, so thousands of years.

EDIT: I don't remember where i heard this...but im relatively confident that it is the case, someone verify for me if they know for sure please.

I'd bet that it was originally planned that Mandalore could unite the clans on the different worlds and thus ensure their survival which would be reflected in the ending, but was eventually cut from the game and the ending leaving only the 1000 year death ending.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Actually if we come to think about it all started when they were defeated at Malachor V

From then they were dying a slow death - many turned into assasins/thugs, many died, rest scattered

Mandalore tries to unite the clans BUT there are very few to be united so eventually they logically die...time may vary but they die

Too many died already and their teachings/way of life has been tampered by various influences

I am just curious.

I don't actually *know*, but I'm pretty sure that would have been a constant. You really can't change what happens in the films after all. (in case u were wondering what the hell im talking about, jango fett was a mandalorian, the last one i *think*) And it wasn't 1000years...she said millenia, as in plural, so thousands of years.

EDIT: I don't remember where i heard this...but im relatively confident that it is the case, someone verify for me if they know for sure please.

Interesting. So technically the strom troppers are a clone of a mandalorian. With his free will stripped.

Interesting. So technically the strom troppers are mandalorians who had their free will stripped from them.

Eh? Storm Troopers are not Clone Troopers. Storm Troopers are regular army troops recruited and conscripted within the Empire. Han Solo was one. Clone Troopers are the Mandalorians. Well, technically Mandalorian (singular).

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Interesting. So technically the strom troppers are mandalorians who had their free will stripped from them.

Eh? Storm Troopers are not Clone Troopers. Storm Troopers are regular army troops recruited and conscripted within the Empire. Han Solo was one. Clone Troopers are the Mandalorians. Well, technically Mandalorian (singular).

Ok I stand corrected. I just watched the movies and figured all the guys in white armor were storm troopers.

I'd bet that it was originally planned that Mandalore could unite the clans on the different worlds and thus ensure their survival which would be reflected in the ending, but was eventually cut from the game and the ending leaving only the 1000 year death ending.

I don't think they wanted to mess with the movies story. I think Jango(and later Boba) were the last of the Mandalorian line. So the Mandolorian line died with Boba.

I don't think they wanted to mess with the movies story. I think Jango(and later Boba) were the last of the Mandalorian line. So the Mandolorian line died with Boba.

You're probably right, but if that was all, there could have been an alternative where the clans are united for a second mandalorian war in which they are truly wiped out save a few straggling families. That would have fit with the wider story, and would've created extra sidequests for Mandalore. But due to time constraints, of course, such a thing was not possible.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

You're probably right, but if that was all, there could have been an alternative where the clans are united for a second mandalorian war in which they are truly wiped out save a few straggling families.  That would have fit with the wider story, and would've created extra sidequests for Mandalore.  But due to time constraints, of course, such a thing was not possible.

I don't think that would ever happen. LucasArts does not mess with Star Wars continuity. So everything they produce has to coincide with what we already know. We know that the Mandalorians eventually die off and so KOTOR II has to reflect that.

You're probably right, but if that was all, there could have been an alternative where the clans are united for a second mandalorian war in which they are truly wiped out save a few straggling families.  That would have fit with the wider story, and would've created extra sidequests for Mandalore.  But due to time constraints, of course, such a thing was not possible.

I don't think that would ever happen. LucasArts does not mess with Star Wars continuity. So everything they produce has to coincide with what we already know. We know that the Mandalorians eventually die off and so KOTOR II has to reflect that.

That was...exactly what I meant. As opposed to just a bland die off, there is a dramatic one. Either the clans are not reunited, and everyone slowly dies off until Jango Fett is the last Mandalorian, or the clans are reuinited for a Second Mandalorian War, where the mandalorians are almost completely wiped out except for a few families, and eventually, only Jango Fett is left.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

That was...exactly what I meant.  As opposed to just a bland die off, there is a dramatic one.  Either the clans are not reunited, and everyone slowly dies off until Jango Fett is the last Mandalorian, or the clans are reuinited for a Second Mandalorian War, where the mandalorians are almost completely wiped out except for a few families, and eventually, only Jango Fett is left.

My apologies, I misread. It's possible we'll see more Mandalorians in the last KOTOR and maybe we'll get a better glimpse of what happens to them.

Well, there is a Second Mandalorian War to an extent. The Mandalorians become a huge force in the Late Republic, serving as shock troops, and the Jedi decide they have kill them all, there is a big battle, and they all die, save Jango Fett.

As for Canderous recruiting the Mandalorians, I'm pretty sure it's on orders from Revan, because Revan knows the Republic/Sith can't take on the True Sith alone, and that the Mandalorians will help the Republic if Revan asks them too.

When asked about the Mandalorians Kreia answers

"They will die a death that will last a millenia, until all that remains is their code, their history and in the end the shell of their armor upon a shell of a man, too easily slain by Jedi."

Sounds like some people we know from episode 2 to me.