I need help for BG1, please

ramza

And all other NPCs were amazing!  The best NPCs are in BG1/BG2 that's for sure! Even Torment pales in comparison.

You know, it's going to be very hard to take you seriously from now on.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

the interesting part was that when I found myself and my party in the nine hells, Yoshimo said something like "I never thought I would go to hell" or something like that).

Hmm.. he's supposed to die right? Why did they add things like "I never thought I would go to hell" if they planned for Yoshimo to die? Is there a way to prevent his death w/o cheating?

N.

It is possible that BIO planned to leave a choice to the players. The player would choose whether he wants to kill that character or not: "I won't kill you, yoshimo, and I can help you remove the geas spell, but you will help me on my quest" or "Die you, traitor".

I guess that if that was the case, they changed their minds afterwards.

The only way to save him is to leave him in any building on Brynlaw (except for the tavern in which you had some subquest) and retrieve him just after you leave Spellhold. You also have to place him near the doorway so that you can, just as you enter the building, immediately click on him and initiate a dialogue in order to make him rejoin your party. He then dies, but you can easily ressurect him. Actually, since I am not using the CLUAConsole thing, I don't consider this as cheating.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Hmm.. he's supposed to die right? Why did they add things like "I never thought I would go to hell" if they planned for Yoshimo to die? Is there a way to prevent his death w/o cheating?

they added those things not because there's a way to prevent his death, but because there is a way to save his soul, i.e. he won't go to hell.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Yeah I tried to replay BG1 recently. I dislike the graphics and resolution now adays and get frustrated by the random encounters - the Cloakwood random encounters vs Ettercaps, spiders and wyverns take the piss however you look at them, particularly as I often travelled not on full health and not having rested to relearn the spells from the previous map. The biggest concern though is the fact that level 1 characters attack so slowly (1 attack per round = long nap times in between each swing) and when they do swing they can't hit a barndoor let alone those annoying blue Svibnerf things that attack you with such irritating battle cries!

There's a mod, the BG TuTu mod taht lets you play BG1 in the BG2 engine. Great resolution and all the BG2 rules.

• 3 months later...

I agree with senor metall1x.

Fanboy he may be, but come on. Torment had better characterisation, but the characters themselves in BG were fantastic. And the range of things you got exposed to, from the planar sphere to the underdark [exploding slaves!] to elven refugee camps [wot no cholera?] were superb. And the finest comedy I have ever seen on a PC.

Signed,

Walsingham T. Fanboy

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's your reason for thread necromancy? Wicked.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What? There's bound to be a dozen Torment vs. Bg threads in the horizon. Why give life to this, if you could have just as well make a new one. Now it's just a curiosity.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Because I was reading it. Nothing sinister. oh no. And you will now look THAT way as my elves move a few things around.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.