Some questions I have about Revan and TSL

Just recently I have had the urge to play KOTOR. So what I'm going to do is go back and play KOTOR as LS male Revan and then play TSL again as DS male Exile. Right now I just landed on Taris and before I go further there is some things pertaning to TSL and Revan in particular that I want to know about. I know these were answered in TSL but I really didn't pay much attention my first and only time playing through TSL as the LS exile. I hope you all could answer these for me.

Okay I know that Revan was the apprentice to Kreia, I know that much. I know where Revan went after TSL....he went out in the far reaches of space to fight the true Sith. Right? This is where my questions come in. So please bare with me. Part of me going back and playing KOTOR over again and then TSL right after and wanting to know these things is because I'm going to write a article for Playmoreconsoles.com titled The Legacy of KOTOR. So I have these many questions that I wanted answered so I'll know going into KOTOR.

So Revan goes off to fight the "True Sith" after KOTOR right? I remember something that Kreia was saying on Malachor that there was ANOTHER Sith Empire out there, the REAL Sith Empire. So does that mean when Revan was the "Dark Lord of the Sith" does it mean that he really wasn't the Dark Lord? Same with Malak after Revan. Does it mean that HE wasn't the true Dark Lord? Did Revan and Malak know about this? I know or atleast I think of know that after the Battle fo the Star Forge, there was a huge civil war on Korriban leaving the place in ruins. Was this the true Sith Empire coming and laying the smackdown on the fack and wanna be Sith Empire?

Also Revan fell to the DS out in the Outer Rim following the Mandalorian War. It is said (Or atleast in KOTOR its said) that Revan fell after discovering the Star Forge or something like that. Searching for the Star Maps was turning him closer and closer to the DS as they maps are an ancient DS articfact or something like that. Thats why when you were sent out in Revan's footsteps they counsil was worried that what happened before would happen again. But if I'm can remember, I remember something that Kreia said about Revan visiting the Trayus Academy and learning about the Sith and THAT was what made Revan goto the DS. I'm just all confused and going into KOTOR for the first time since beated TSL (I only played through it once as LS Exile). At that it was the final battle at Malachor 5 that really turned Revan and the Jedi/Republic Soliders who followed him evil.

Playing TSL has already made me look back and view KOTOR in a different way. But I much have these questions answered before I continue.

Thats the questions I'm faced with and want to know more about.

this is all just my opinion, but...

So does that mean when Revan was the "Dark Lord of the Sith" does it mean that he really wasn't the Dark Lord? Same with Malak after Revan. Does it mean that HE wasn't the true Dark Lord? Did Revan and Malak know about this? I know or atleast I think of know that after the Battle fo the Star Forge, there was a huge civil war on Korriban leaving the place in ruins. Was this the true Sith Empire coming and laying the smackdown on the fack and wanna be Sith Empire?

the "real sith" i believe we dont know much about yet. the sith that revan and malak were the sith lords for were just dark jedi descendants who followed the sith teachings. i believe revan and malak were true sith lords in the same sense that sidious, dooku and vader were.

this is conjecture, but i believe the "real sith" are more direct descendants of the original sith race, whereas malak, revan, and the sith on korriban are the jedi that fell to the dark side and adopted the "real sith" teachings.

Also Revan fell to the DS out in the Outer Rim following the Mandalorian War. It is said (Or atleast in KOTOR its said) that Revan fell after discovering the Star Forge or something like that. Searching for the Star Maps was turning him closer and closer to the DS as they maps are an ancient DS articfact or something like that. Thats why when you were sent out in Revan's footsteps they counsil was worried that what happened before would happen again. But if I'm can remember, I remember something that Kreia said about Revan visiting the Trayus Academy and learning about the Sith and THAT was what made Revan goto the DS. I'm just all confused and going into KOTOR for the first time since beated TSL (I only played through it once as LS Exile). At that it was the final battle at Malachor 5 that really turned Revan and the Jedi/Republic Soliders who followed him evil.

my interpretation is that originally, revan and malak found the star forge (or atleast information about it) and thats what originally sent them into the outer rim in search of it. but then from kreias comments, revan found something more sinister and decided that this threat was much more dangerous and thus used the star forge to get the galaxy in motion and ready to take on these "true sith".

So does that mean when Revan was the "Dark Lord of the Sith" does it mean that he really wasn't the Dark Lord? Same with Malak after Revan. Does it mean that HE wasn't the true Dark Lord? Did Revan and Malak know about this? I know or atleast I think of know that after the Battle fo the Star Forge, there was a huge civil war on Korriban leaving the place in ruins. Was this the true Sith Empire coming and laying the smackdown on the fack and wanna be Sith Empire?

the "real sith" i believe we dont know much about yet. the sith that revan and malak were the sith lords for were just dark jedi descendants who followed the sith teachings. i believe revan and malak were true sith lords in the same sense that sidious, dooku and vader were.

this is conjecture, but i believe the "real sith" are more direct descendants of the original sith race, whereas malak, revan, and the sith on korriban are the jedi that fell to the dark side and adopted the "real sith" teachings.

my interpretation is that originally, revan and malak found the star forge (or atleast information about it) and thats what originally sent them into the outer rim in search of it. but then from kreias comments, revan found something more sinister and decided that this threat was much more dangerous and thus used the star forge to get the galaxy in motion and ready to take on these "true sith".

Thanks for lending a hand. So Revan was really the Dark Lord of the Sith the same way Darth Sidious was?

And about your second comment. So that means when Revan was the Sith Lord with the Star Forge and all, he knew about the "True Sith" the whole time and was preparing up for the possible battle with them in the future?

Thanks for lending a hand. So Revan was really the Dark Lord of the Sith the same way Darth Sidious was?

that was my interpretation, yes.

And about your second comment. So that means when Revan was the Sith Lord with the Star Forge and all, he knew about the "True Sith" the whole time and was preparing up for the possible battle with them in the future?

i believe he came across the "true sith" during his trip to the outer rim, and felt that the current jedi were too "passive" and inactive in terms of being prepared and ready to act towards the new threat, so he used the star forge to get them to act and be ready for a bigger battle.

So Revan goes off to fight the "True Sith" after KOTOR right? I remember something that Kreia was saying on Malachor that there was ANOTHER Sith Empire out there, the REAL Sith Empire. So does that mean when Revan was the "Dark Lord of the Sith" does it mean that he really wasn't the Dark Lord? Same with Malak after Revan. Does it mean that HE wasn't the true Dark Lord? Did Revan and Malak know about this? I know or atleast I think of know that after the Battle fo the Star Forge, there was a huge civil war on Korriban leaving the place in ruins. Was this the true Sith Empire coming and laying the smackdown on the fack and wanna be Sith Empire?

Playing TSL has already made me look back and view KOTOR in a different way. But I much have these questions answered before I continue.

Thats the questions I'm faced with and want to know more about.

Brief history lesson :thumbsup:

20,000 years prior to Episode 4 there was a jedi civil war. A dark side faction of the jedi warred with the light side jedi and after a century of fighting were driven from the republic space. They settled on an uncharted world already inhabited by a race called the sith. After years of cross-breeding between the races, the cultures were one and they were considered the first "True Sith"

This "Sith Empire" enjoyed a golden period for twenty thousand years. It stretched to cover many systems. Places like Korriban, Malachor V, Arkania, and others. No one knows how far the Sith Empire spread.

5000 years prior to episode 4 republic explorers stumbled on the Sith Empire, igniting the first sith war. This was the Great Hyperspace War. Also, during this time, there was a schism in the Sith Empire. Marko Ragnos, the Great Dark Lord, had died and two Sith Lords feuded for control of the Empire. They were Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh. With the arrival of the republic exlorers, Sadow was able to use them as a rallying point and gain control of the Sith Empire by thrusting them into war with the Republic. Ludo Kressh was not defeated though. While Naga Sadow took the Sith Fleet to wage war on the Republic, Kressh stayed behind and built up his own faction within the Sith. When Sadow was defeated and chased back by the Republic, Kressh and his supporters turned on them and attacked. The Republic warships that had followed Sadow back torn into both sides.

Sadow escaped with a group of loyal sith followers, limping away to the jungle moon of Yavin where Sadow quietly strove for more power. The Sith Empire was scattered and thought to be all but destroyed. There must have been pockets of the Sith still active and thriving, since they gave birth to Feedon Nadd, who, in his desire to be the Great Dark Lord but fear of challenging the current Great Dark Lord, set out to create his own kingdom on Onderon.

So, this shows that the Hyperspace War scattered the Sith Empire, each of which become their own version of the once great empire. Many Great Dark Lords rose, each commanding their own small empire. It's also possible that the Sith Empire was able to breach the outer limits of the Outer Rim, creating empires beyond the furthest reaches.

The known Siths that followed - Ulic, The Krath, Exar Kun - all were force users or sensitives who fell to the teachings of the old sith. The Sith War faought by Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-droma and the attempt at creating a new Sith golden age came from the knowledge of Sith artifacts and the influence of Sith Lord Spirits. Even at there heights, these new Sith were but an echo of the previous Sith Empire.

The Sith that are encountered in KOTOR and KOTOR2 are like this Sith, echos from a Sith Golden age. They are shadows of the power that the Sith once held. They had fragments of the old Sith Empires knowledge, but even those fragments almost led to the destruction of the Republic.

Compare that to the possibility of a true sith empire, one that survived the Hyperspace War and continued to prosper. An Empire that had spent the last thousand years strengthening itself and learning new secrets of the dark side of the force.

I believe that's what Revan discovered while searching the outer rims - possibly while looking for the real cause of the Mandalorian war or possibly while looking for more sith knowledge during his war with the republic. A true Sith Empire, cut off after the Hyperspace war but still prospering and still terrifyingly powerful. An Empire that was starting to return to the known galaxy of the Republic.

Revan knew that only a unified and prepared Republic could stand against a Sith Empire like this. The Jedi of the era had grown complacent, prone to debate and discussion instead of action. Revan fell (although whether he fell or merely followed the only course he could is debatable), using every Sith secret he had learned to build an army that would sweep through the Republic and bring it under his control. Revan left the Republic infrastructure intact, knowing that it would be needed in the fight to come. When Malak turned on Revan, the plan went awry. Malak hadn't been informed of the master plan, of the "Why" of the war. Malak struck at whim, nearly crippling the Republics infrastructure in his bid for power.

When Revan defeated Malak, Reven knew that the Republic was weakened by the whole ordeal - though tougher for having gone through it. It wasn't enough though and Revan knew this. He set off for the Sith Empire, for reasons unknown.

hope this helps. I drew this from various sources including KOTOR< KOTOR 2, The Star Wars RPG Sourcebooks for the dark side and the light side, and my on thoughts on how they all fit together.

my interpretation is that originally, revan and malak found the star forge (or atleast information about it) and thats what originally sent them into the outer rim in search of it.  but then from kreias comments, revan found something more sinister and decided that this threat was much more dangerous and thus used the star forge to get the galaxy in motion and ready to take on these "true sith".

Wasn't there a line of dialog that mentioned that it was possible the "True Sith" spur'd the mandalorians into waging war on the Republic? For some reason that seems correct, but my memory is hazy on it.

Boy I hate the term "Sith". Let's see... I don't believe that the "True Sith" are those who descend from the "Sith species", I guess because they are extinct. What I think is that those who were not raised, so to speak, by the Jedi Code and lived their whole lives adhering to the Sith teachings are "Real Sith" because they were never touched by the Light Side of the Force. Jedi who fall are just Dark Jedi but want to be known as Sith. Let's say if a "True Sith" were to fall, they might be call a light Sith and not a Jedi. :geek:

Vrook believes that Revan and Malak started to fall before the Mandalorian Wars began and I think I agree. I think Revan learned of the "True Sith" from teachings like holocrons and learned of the Star Forge after when he discovered the Star Map on Dantooine. The Mandalorians attacked and Revan knew they weren't the true enemy "it was there unseen support" (Kavar quote :D ) He decided to use the Mandalorian Wars to convert and then went after the Star Forge because what he was able to convert was not enough. K2's story makes things more complicated.

Compare that to the possibility of a true sith empire, one that survived the Hyperspace War and continued to prosper.  An Empire that had spent the last thousand years strengthening itself and learning new secrets of the dark side of the force.

I believe that's what Revan discovered while searching the outer rims - possibly while looking for the real cause of the Mandalorian war or possibly while looking for more sith knowledge during his war with the republic.  A true Sith Empire, cut off after the Hyperspace war but still prospering and still terrifyingly powerful. An Empire that was starting to return to the known galaxy of the Republic.

Revan knew that only a unified and prepared Republic could stand against a Sith Empire like this. The Jedi of the era had grown complacent, prone to debate and discussion instead of action.  Revan fell (although whether he fell or merely followed the only course he could is debatable), using every Sith secret he had learned to build an army that would sweep through the Republic and bring it under his control. Revan left the Republic infrastructure intact, knowing that it would be needed in the fight to come. When Malak turned on Revan, the plan went awry.  Malak hadn't been informed of the master plan, of the "Why" of the war.  Malak struck at whim, nearly crippling the Republics infrastructure in his bid for power. 

When Revan defeated Malak, Reven knew that the Republic was weakened by the whole ordeal - though tougher for having gone through it.  It wasn't enough though and Revan knew this.  He set off for the Sith Empire, for reasons unknown.

hope this helps. I drew this from various sources including KOTOR< KOTOR 2, The Star Wars RPG Sourcebooks for the dark side and the light side, and my on thoughts on how they all fit together.

That's what I have been saying many times over. Basically Revan's plans were to "unify" the Republic because the Jedi of this time much like the ones in the PT are arrogant, ****y and would rather debate and discuss. This was obviously detrimental to his plan's so he had to fall in order to get ready for the REAL war to come. Unforutnately Revan got captured and his mind wipe, which he didn't calculate and dum dum Malak went destroying everything Revan worked so hard to build. Revan's memories come back and the Republic is in basically in no shape to fight so he takes the fight to the True Sith.

Wasn't there a line of dialog that mentioned that it was possible the "True Sith" spur'd the mandalorians into waging war on the Republic?  For some reason that seems correct, but my memory is hazy on it.

Yeah, Carth says that on Telos. I mentioned it in my pre K2 theory. Basically the "True Sith" wanted to weaken the Republic and used the weak minded Mandalorians to do so. Then Malak continues to do so but isn't aware of the stupidness he is doing.

i believe he came across the "true sith" during his trip to the outer rim, and felt that the current jedi were too "passive" and inactive in terms of being prepared and ready to act towards the new threat, so he used the star forge to get them to act and be ready for a bigger battle.

So when Revan was going to the Outer Rim he was still somewhat good. But he came across this new threat and as you said wanted the Jedi to be ready so he used to Star Forge to stir them up. So in a way, would you say that Revan went the the Darkside with good intentions? That on top of being the Dark Lord of the Sith there was still good in him like Vader in ROTJ? Unlike Malak who really didn't care and just wanted power.

I think Revan always stayed Good. He discovered a threat to everything he knew and, like any general in any war, Revan was forced to make the hard choices. He had to fall to be able to use the Sith weapons of war, since they were the most powerful. Revan didn't fall for power-lust, or for the thrill of battle, or for any typical dark side reason. Revan fell because it was the only thing he could do to save the republic.

It's a wonderfully tragic idea, i think. I soldier who's sense of duty drives him to shoulder such weights and to face his own damnation to fulfill his duty to the Republic.

I think Revan always stayed Good.  He discovered a threat to everything he knew and, like any general in any war, Revan was forced to make the hard choices.  He had to fall to be able to use the Sith weapons of war, since they were the most powerful.  Revan didn't fall for power-lust, or for the thrill of battle, or for any typical dark side reason.  Revan fell because it was the only thing he could do to save the republic.

It's a wonderfully tragic idea, i think.  I soldier who's sense of duty drives him to shoulder such weights and to face his own damnation to fulfill his duty to the Republic.

This is SOOOOOO Anakin Skywalker in EP3 and how he chances to the DS. Not saying he goes to the DS to save the Reupblic. But in EP3 Anakin's motives for turning are very small and personal and really in good intentions.

So is it safe to say that Revan was a Tragic Hero?

whoa...Anakin fell to the dark side out of anger and out of pride. He fell when his hatred of the sandpeople erupted into a killing spree. He started on his path to the dark side because he believed he was better than his master and better than the Council let him be. His fall wasn't well intentioned or even that tragic, just the result of an unstable boy put under the pressures of being "special".

Revan didn't fall so much as sacrifice himself. He saw what was coming, looked at the Republic and the Jedi, and realized that someone had to unify the galaxy through force and rally them all under one strong banner. When this failed, he set off to take the fight to the Sith Empire...alone. A near suicide mission to protect the Republic. Now that is what i call a tragic hero :devil:

I think Revan always stayed Good.  He discovered a threat to everything he knew and, like any general in any war, Revan was forced to make the hard choices.  He had to fall to be able to use the Sith weapons of war, since they were the most powerful.  Revan didn't fall for power-lust, or for the thrill of battle, or for any typical dark side reason.  Revan fell because it was the only thing he could do to save the republic.

It's a wonderfully tragic idea, i think.  I soldier who's sense of duty drives him to shoulder such weights and to face his own damnation to fulfill his duty to the Republic.

Ala Luke in Dark Empire. He feel to the darkside to destroy palpatine once and for all.

Ala Luke in Dark Empire. He feel to the darkside to destroy palpatine once and for all.

bingo.

bingo.

Ya and it was uber-lame then too

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Do you really want to start talking about what I really think about your post?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

whoa...Anakin fell to the dark side out of anger and out of pride.  He fell when his hatred of the sandpeople erupted into a killing spree.  He started on his path to the dark side because he believed he was better than his master and better than the Council let him be.  His fall wasn't well intentioned or even that tragic, just the result of an unstable boy put under the pressures of being "special".

Revan didn't fall so much as sacrifice himself. He saw what was coming, looked at the Republic and the Jedi, and realized that someone had to unify the galaxy through force and rally them all under one strong banner.  When this failed, he set off to take the fight to the Sith Empire...alone. A near suicide mission to protect the Republic.  Now that is what i call a tragic hero :thumbsup:

I didn't want this to turn into a Revenge of the Sith discussion but if you followed the spoilers for EP3 which are true this is why Anakin falls to the DS in EP3:

Just like in EP2, he had a horrible dream. This time the dream was about his wife Padme dying while giving birth. He wakes up really terrified and wants to find a way to save her. He remembers how he failed his mother and how he wasn't strong enough to save her. So this really worries him. He goes to Yoda to seek ways that you can possibly prevent people from dying. Yoda basically brushes him off and says that a Jedi must not give into Love and crap like that. So he then goes to Palpatine and tells him the situation with his dream and all. Palpy tells him that A long time ago a Sith called Darth Plagueous had the ability to prolonge life and bring people back to life. Palpy said that once his Sith Apprentice Darth Sidious learned this power from him, he killed his master. Anakin in the end basically makes a pact with the Devil and sells his soul to him to save Padme. Once he learns this from Palpy/Sidious, he will Kill Sidious and unite the Republic and end the Empire. Sadly enough this hope was ended when he was defeated by Obi-Wan. Once in the suit, Vader was no longer strong enough to face Sidious so he just waited til the perfect time....ROTJ.

Wouldn't you say that is very similer to that of Revan? Once they accomplish what they want they will put away the DS ways, but unfortunately they both got too deeply consumed in it. Anakin fell to the DS with good intentions JUST like Revan did. But like I said, it consumed them too much and that right there makes it even more Tragic. He wanted to do good but somehow it all back-fired on him.

"Once you stare down the Dark Path, forever it consumes you"

Anakin didn't fall to the DS in EP2 when he killed the Sand People. It was an act of the DS yes, but he didn't fall there. It begun there just like Revan begun when he found the map on Dantioone, but he fell in EP3.

which post would that be? the one where i was agreeing with DarthRevans comparison in regards to the ongoing discussion?

It may have been a short post, but it was directly tied to the discussion at hand and was posted with the intention of carrying the discussion forward. Your post is made in a feeble attempt to troll, like most of your posts around these forums.

You've got nothing to add, so take your annoying self elsewhere.

whoa...Anakin fell to the dark side out of anger and out of pride.  He fell when his hatred of the sandpeople erupted into a killing spree.  He started on his path to the dark side because he believed he was better than his master and better than the Council let him be.  His fall wasn't well intentioned or even that tragic, just the result of an unstable boy put under the pressures of being "special".

Revan didn't fall so much as sacrifice himself. He saw what was coming, looked at the Republic and the Jedi, and realized that someone had to unify the galaxy through force and rally them all under one strong banner.  When this failed, he set off to take the fight to the Sith Empire...alone. A near suicide mission to protect the Republic.  Now that is what i call a tragic hero :thumbsup:

I didn't want this to turn into a Revenge of the Sith discussion but if you followed the spoilers for EP3 which are true this is why Anakin falls to the DS in EP3:

Just like in EP2, he had a horrible dream. This time the dream was about his wife Padme dying while giving birth. He wakes up really terrified and wants to find a way to save her. He remembers how he failed his mother and how he wasn't strong enough to save her. So this really worries him. He goes to Yoda to seek ways that you can possibly prevent people from dying. Yoda basically brushes him off and says that a Jedi must not give into Love and crap like that. So he then goes to Palpatine and tells him the situation with his dream and all. Palpy tells him that A long time ago a Sith called Darth Plagueous had the ability to prolonge life and bring people back to life. Palpy said that once his Sith Apprentice Darth Sidious learned this power from him, he killed his master. Anakin in the end basically makes a pact with the Devil and sells his soul to him to save Padme. Once he learns this from Palpy/Sidious, he will Kill Sidious and unite the Republic and end the Empire. Sadly enough this hope was ended when he was defeated by Obi-Wan. Once in the suit, Vader was no longer strong enough to face Sidious so he just waited til the perfect time....ROTJ.

Wouldn't you say that is very similer to that of Revan? Once they accomplish what they want they will put away the DS ways, but unfortunately they both got too deeply consumed in it. Anakin fell to the DS with good intentions JUST like Revan did. But like I said, it consumed them too much and that right there makes it even more Tragic. He wanted to do good but somehow it all back-fired on him.

"Once you stare down the Dark Path, forever it consumes you"

Anakin didn't fall to the DS in EP2 when he killed the Sand People. It was an act of the DS yes, but he didn't fall there. It begun there just like Revan begun when he found the map on Dantioone, but he fell in EP3.

Nope, he fell in Ep 2. He gave into the dark side to slaughter the sandpeople. Episode 2 is the fall of anakin. That's why Yoda "heard" Qui-Gon yelling for Ani to stop through the force when Anakin torn into the Sand People. He just may not have realized how far he fell until he made the deal with the devil in the Ep 3.

which post would that be? the one where i was agreeing with DarthRevans comparison in regards to the ongoing discussion?

It may have been a short post, but it was directly tied to the discussion at hand and was posted with the intention of carrying the discussion forward. Your post is made in a feeble attempt to troll, like most of your posts around these forums.

You've got nothing to add, so take your annoying self elsewhere.

By now I think you should be able to tell what I think of your opinion, and so you could probaly guess what you can do with this one. :sorcerer:

don't you ever have anything worthwhile or positive to add to a thread or are you just always a waste of bandwidth?

And where's your worth? Is it in whinning? Where is it said that I can only post if I like TentamusDarkblade's conjectures? If you don't want your opinion to come under scrutiny then don't post them.

Revan was grey. I think thats why Jolee tried to help him so much. I think Keira discovered the true sith. She past her knowledge onto Revan. Keira also knew the Jedi of her time wasted time and weaken themselves. She choose the students that were strong in the force and a hole in the force. The new jedi order or the sith will grow with her teaching.

Vrook thinks every young jedi are falling unless you kiss his a$$. :sorcerer: