Gamespy PC review

i'll put it like this: i didn't notice a single glitch or bug. a friend of mine didn't have that many problems as well. the only glitch he noticed(albeit a big one!) was the boat crash. he had to use the console to get back to LA(from the crazy christians mansion).

so thats 50% of the copies of the games youve seen that have bugs, and that bug was a major one. yet you contend that its not one of the buggier games. id say a 50% failure rate is a pretty high percentage.

*note: i know im using a small sample size, but since your original point about it not being buggy is because you didnt run in to them (ie. a small sample size), its just as valid*

i'll put it like this: i didn't notice a single glitch or bug. a friend of mine didn't have that many problems as well. the only glitch he noticed(albeit a big one!) was the boat crash. he had to use the console to get back to LA(from the crazy christians mansion).

so thats 50% of the copies of the games youve seen that have bugs, and that bug was a major one. yet you contend that its not one of the buggier games. id say a 50% failure rate is a pretty high percentage.

*note: i know im using a small sample size, but since your original point about it not being buggy is because you didnt run in to them (ie. a small sample size), its just as valid*

i'd say one glitch doesn't qualify the game as "one of the buggiest ever"...

if it truly was, i'd expect everyone to experience a few major problems with it. like everyone i know did with deus ex 2 or cycling manager 3...

I played BL halfway through and didn't encounter any bugs that I can think of. One time I had severe slowdown but that was it (and i was running bittorrent at the time heh). Oh and my system was slow as balls after I closed the game, but never a problem in game.

As for this review i'm not sure what to think. The only problem I had with a non-patched KOTOR1 was two corrupted quicksaves which was alot better than I was lead to believe would happen if I played it.

This review is good to me since it says the story is great, which is all I really care about. But to think they had these extra months and weren't doing that much bug squashing makes me sick.

Oh well, i'll just wait to play it and see if I have any problems.

if it truly was, i'd expect everyone to experience a few major problems with it. like everyone i know did with deus ex 2 or cycling manager 3...

then deus ex 2 didnt have any bugs either, since i didnt come across any.

in other words, flawed logic.

Neither did I for that matter. The game ran pretty smoothly for me it's just that it sucked (in terms of storyline). No match for the original Deus Ex...

EDIT: Then again... I only played using the v1.2 patch so the bugs might have been fixed

Edited by Darth Ni

nice of you to admit, seeing as this is your own kind of logic...

"so thats 50% of the copies of the games youve seen that have bugs, and that bug was a major one. yet you contend that its not one of the buggier games. id say a 50% failure rate is a pretty high percentage."

besides, the claim was that BL was one of the buggiest games ever. i said no and provided one argument. the argument was far from flawless, but i it's not up to me to disprove the statement. if one claim BL is the buggiest game ever, it's up to them to prove it. not up to everyone else to disprove it. that's logic. that's how one debates. now run along...

nice of you to admit, seeing as this is your own kind of logic...

"so thats 50% of the copies of the games youve seen that have bugs, and that bug was a major one. yet you contend that its not one of the buggier games. id say a 50% failure rate is a pretty high percentage."

besides, the claim was that BL was one of the buggiest games ever. i said no and provided one argument. the argument was far from flawless, but i it's not up to me to disprove the statement. if one claim BL is the buggiest game ever, it's up to them to prove it. not up to everyone else to disprove it. that's logic. that's how one debates. now run along...

you're not very good at this debate stuff, despite your attempt at condescending wit.

volourn said it was the buggiest game ever. therefore thats volourns prerogative to "prove" his argument is correct or not. not mine.

you stated that it was not and used the fact that you never came across a bug as the "proof" that volourns comment was wrong. again, thats up to you to provide proof for your theory/argument. not mine.

then i commented solely on your theory that (im paraphrasing here) "because i didnt encounter any bugs, then automatically that proves it that there were no bugs". that is flawed beyond belief. especially considering if you take a look at the bloodlines forums youd see that an ungodly amount of people have reported having problems, some of the minor variety, some of the game stopping major variety.

so considering there is all that proof for it to be considered an incredibly buggy game (and possibly, as volourn stated, buggiest ever), and all you can offer is that YOU never had a problem, while admitting your friend ran in to the game stopper, makes your "theory" that much less valid.

now run along.