So, uh...anyone here?

deganawida

Well, I'm at work, working on the web page, and I come here to visit like I normally do, and there's no one here. Has the move just killed the community? I hope not, as I enjoy these boards quite a bit, but I realize that there were many unhappy individuals yesterday afternoon (can't say I was too pleased with the move, either, though I do like seeing Bio and OE employees posting on the same website again--that said, I would have preferred to have this site's NWN2 forums still up), and that some may have left due to feeling betrayed.

So, who all is still here?

We're looking at having something to fill the gap, so to speak. Some ideas have apparently come from Obsidian internally in regards to having something in place of the NWN2 fora (no, not a new game announcement!). Perhaps a more dedicated CRPG fora or something like that.

I'll do my best to keep people posted on what's going on.

newlogo.gif

Why bother, Phospher? The reasons why people were here was because of the NWN 2 forums now that KotOR 2 is released on X-Box and soon to be released for the PC.

This move killed the community here and nothing is going to bring it back short of a new game announcement or the reopening of the NWN 2 forums here. It would be like putting a band aid on a multiple fracture.

I hear you, and of course it's all something utterly out of my hands. The best I can do is attempt to relay information (I've brought stuff up in the Mod forum as well, stuff that you guys have suggested and commented on) at this point.

Basically I just want to point out that the collective "you guys" are not being ignored.

newlogo.gif

The decision was made to not say anything in advance, because we knew there'd be people upset, and we wanted to keep the outcry to a minimum. My understanding was the hope was people would just go with it at the point of the move, rather than being up in arms in the days leading up to the move before going with it.

newlogo.gif

The decision was made to not say anything in advance, because we knew there'd be people upset, and we wanted to keep the outcry to a minimum. My understanding was the hope was people would just go with it at the point of the move, rather than being up in arms in the days leading up to the move before going with it.

Strike when they least expect it. The only problem with those types of arrangements is that they leave choas and ill will behind as a side effect. Luckily we haven't had any of the chaos...at least to my knowledge.