KOTOR III Character Idea List

NEW PC:

SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHOOSE MORE FOR CREATION, IE.:

Species, Hair Color, Eye Color, Facial Recreation (Give them thicker or thinner faces)

Species shouldn't matter. That's just a MORE! statement, which we don't really need in this area.

Possible choice to play through as a non-Jedi after beating the game.

As far as I remember, it's KNIGHTS of the Old Republic, not SCOUNDRELS or BOUNTY HUNTERS of the Old Republic. they just need to balance out the issues.

Choose starting clothes (Basic Clothes, No Armor, and the clothes have no Defense Value)

What's the point? There should just be another footlocker like in K1 than run around in your skivvies...

Voice Choices for PC (So that when you choose the dialogue, the PC will actually talk back to the NPC, instead of nodding their head)

So now I have to deal with a repeat of what I just said? And have to deal with voices I utterly and indefinetly hate? Plus, I mean, all that money could be spent in a more effective and useful way.

Carth

Who needs him? But okay, if he's not dead, he can return.

Bastila

Sure, but I think she might be a little too advanced for your party.

HK-47

He's already in. Along with T3.

Jolee

Jolee needs to be back. He was a great character.

Juhani

If she's not dead, as previously stated, why would she be searching for the nature of the force? I do believe she would be smashing down doors...

Mira

If you were LS in K2, I do believe she would be helping people, not really hunting people.

As for the rest, I don't really care about, excepting Visas and Bao.

Anzati Warrior

Sure.

Devaronian Spy

I like the idea of a spy, especially if they go into detail about it...

Twilek Thief

Kind of sounds like mission, a little too much...

Irodonian Assasin

Sure.

Human Jedi Knight

We've had em.

Human Medic

Well, since you are in charge of the medpacs...but if there are some bonuses to healing and she's an exclusive character, why not?

Rodian Hacker

Sure, Rodians are cool.

Juhani would be searching, due to the fact that she had a little bit of a thing with Revan, and is trying to find ways to become more like he was.

Twilek Thief would be able to steal things off of the opponent while in combat.

Instead of a Human Jedi Knight then, how about a Falleen Jedi Knight.

Hmm. If it was up to me:

Firstly, I'd have three concurent story arcs which diverge at certain points, giving you the opportunity to control entirely different crews for portions of the game. That should explain some of what follows.

Returning Characters:

Mandalore - having reunited the Mandalorian clans to an extent, Mandalore would command his army as the Republic's first defense against threats coming from beyond the outer rim. You would be in control of him, leading a small group of Mandalorians into battle(or perhaps fighting an insurgency within the ranks?), for a portion of the game.

Revan & Exile - Locating Revan would become your goal about one third into the game, leading you out of the Republic and into the unknown regions. This mission would be prompted by happening upon the Exile, who would give you the lowdown on what occured in Kotor 2. Joining up with Revan, or working against him/her, in the unknown regions would be the final third of the game.

Handmaiden - perhaps with a couple of the other crew members from K2 (Visas?), would be running a training enclave and trying to re-establish the Jedi Order. Of course saving the Republic, yet again, from whatever lurks beyond the outer rim would help the Jedi get a foothold and restore their reputation in the Republic once more.

HK-47 & T3 - basically the '3PO and R2 of the series, of course they have to come back!

Goto - to add a side quest/ new element to the game, I'd contrive that Goto made a copy of his programming on the Ebon Hawk prior to the end of K2. You would discover this and, with the use of parts bought at various vendors throughout the game, construct a new 'bot to your own specifications for Goto to inhabit.

Bastilla - perhaps a better catalyst for the hunt for Revan would be meeting up with Bastilla rather than the Exile. Yes, screw the Exile, Bastila should become a member of your crew once you leave the Republic.

Off the top of my head I cannot think of any more viable returning characters who would have enough of a stake in the story to make them worthwhile party members. I'd have cameos for the Carths and Jolees of the series, but I'd want all new characters to round out the party.

Incidentally, I'd start the player's character out as a full-fledged Jedi Knight this time, working for the new Jedi Order. Two reasons;

1) It gives you an excuse to make the "first act" of the game the familiar planet-hopping feel of the previous games without jumping right into the story, you could justifiably reuse the planets that we already know for this section.

2) As the first member of your crew you should have a Padawan of your very own. You would choose from three possible candidates; a devout lightsider(eventual WeaponMaster/Maurader), a neutral(eventual Watchman/Assassin), and an apprentice on the slippery slope towards the darkside(eventual Master/Sith Lord). This would allow for replay value, an interesting inter-character dynamic dependant on your choice, AND the ability to make the initial "tutorial" levels more interesting by making the player the teacher rather than the student, with your instruction affecting the alignment of the Padawan.

You can shave a Wookiee over and over, but you can only skin it once.

That's disgusting.

Come to think of it, how would it be if the wookie in KotOR III is shaved, albino and a dwarf at the same time. That would make an interesting character.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Juhani would be searching, due to the fact that she had a little bit of a thing with Revan, and is trying to find ways to become more like he was.

Twilek Thief would be able to steal things off of the opponent while in combat.

Okay, you have a point with Juhani.

A thief would be good if they can steal medpacs and other stimulants off them, or at least their weapons. <_<

You can shave a Wookiee over and over, but you can only skin it once.

That's disgusting.

Come to think of it, how would it be if the wookie in KotOR III is shaved, albino and a dwarf at the same time. That would make an interesting character.

Let's be politically correct about it now,

It would be a skintastically, vertically handi-capable wookie with a pigment disorder.

We don't want the WRAA to wreak havoc on us here in the forum.

(Wookie's Rights Activist Association)

They could do so much with the Mission character now that she's grown up.

My vision would be that after KoTOR things went from bad to worse for her and she is now a bitter, disillusioned warrior by neccesity. I can see it now. The scarred blue Twi'lek, bitchslapping anyone who crosses her. Her new philosophy in life? Instead of whining about the world not caring, she returns the favour. You can either show her that there is still good in the world(LS) or completely break her last bit of will and make you into a loyal servant(DS). Possibly story hooks? Meeting that bastard Griff. Spare him? Or convince Mission to rip him into shreds? I think even some good players will chose that second one. Maybe Jedi-trainable? I always though Bastila's line hinted at that. You know, 'she's stronger than she appears'.

Well, if you didn't kill her.

But that could be solved with some story telling. Let's say she embraced the betrayal that Revan placed on her, so she thrives on the unknown planet but finally gets saved, but in a DS way. She roams the galaxy and eventually finds you. Since she has been recently betrayed, she hasn't really had any relationships with anyone, and this will be good to balance out her character(She was Lv. 17 at the end of my game).

But it would be different if Revan was LS. She could still be DS, because she had some strong feelings for Revan, or was betrayed by someone else. But those story hooks would be good for netting influence points.