The List of Continuity Mistakes

THAT basilisk is the only Basilisk. That little Virago would have been destroyed in seconds against an ACTUAL Basilisk War droids.

Actually... *heh*

I have The Sith War on my lap and I'm on the Ulic vs Mandalore duel and it says that Mandalore is riding a "basilisk war droid; open combat model". Which implies that there are "non-open combat models".

I still think KotOR 2 cheated us out of a proper Basilisk... but Kex did say it was modified right? Maybe that's why it was so crappy.

And by some miracle when modified, the Basilisk looks exactly like a Virago Star fighter. Modified, ha, you'd think something from the actual Basilisk War droids parts would have been left behind. No claws,no generator rods, no beast form, nothing that makes a Basilisk a Basilisk.Please!! <_<

You can't just take a ships and call it a Basilisk War Droid. The Closed pit models would look exactly the same with just a cover over the rider. A Basilisk War Droid is named and made to look like a BEAST. Even the Mandalorian Article in issue 80 of insider, set in stone what a Basilisk is. That THING in KOTOR 2 is not a Basilisk. Plain and simple. It's wrong, just like the Valley of the Dark Lords.

Canderous clearly rode the Silly looking beast Basilisk War Droid. Not the Virago Star fighter.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

It's a big galaxy; presumably there'd be more burried. I know that on a lot of Star Wars muds the excuse is that there's holocrons of the sith masters burried on tattooine.

My god. Most useless information ever.

Fnord.

Let me see.

Marka Ragnos Tombs is in the image of himself

Nada Sadow isn't even there, but even the Bioware devs fixed that mistake saying it was just a memorial.

The Valley of the Dark Lords isn't two huge building on the edge of a cliff. No the Valley of the Dark lords in hundreds of huge Tombs all with a different look, and all made for one Sith Lord. All embedded in the walls of a Canyon.

If you play Jedi Academy(whether is sucks or not, isn't a question) that is the best continuity representation of the Valley.

The KOTOR/KOTOR 2 Valley is wrong to continuity, and hopefully will be corrected when the KOTOR comic in Star Wars: Tales comes out. :)

And by some miracle when modified, the Basilisk looks exactly like a Virago Star fighter. Modified, ha, you'd think something from the actual Basilisk War droids parts would have been left behind. No claws,no generator rods, no beast form, nothing that makes a Basilisk a Basilisk.Please!! <_<

You can't just take a ships and call it a Basilisk War Droid. The Closed pit models would look exactly the same with just a cover over the rider. A Basilisk War Droid is named and made to look like a BEAST.  Even the Mandalorian Article in issue 80 of insider, set in stone what a Basilisk is. That THING in KOTOR 2 is not a Basilisk. Plain and simple. It's wrong, just like the Valley of the Dark Lords.

Canderous clearly rode the Silly looking beast Basilisk War Droid. Not the Virago Star fighter.

haha, fanbois/geeks are funny. i just love it when they complain about stuff like this. :D

sooo funny.

Let me see.

Nada Sadow isn't even there, but even the Bioware devs fixed that mistake saying it was just a memorial.

The Valley of the Dark Lords isn't two huge building on the edge of a cliff. No the Valley of the Dark lords in hundreds of huge Tombs all with a different look, and all made for one Sith Lord. All embedded in the walls of a Canyon.

If you play Jedi Academy(whether is sucks or not, isn't a question) that is the best continuity representation of the Valley.

The KOTOR/KOTOR 2 Valley is wrong to continuity, and hopefully will be corrected when the KOTOR comic in Star Wars: Tales comes out. >_<

I still don't see what the problem with Naga Sadow's tomb being there is. The Sith would *undoubtedly* build the tomb for their Dark Lords the moment they became the Dark Lord. I mean, you didn't see them going "wait for us to build the tomb before we put Ragnos to rest" did you? No, the tomb was prepared for him *during his life*.

Simply put, it was a tomb that wasn't used. Also the valley of the Dark Lords isn't just the bit we see in KotOR... you'll notice it extends further and also drops down into a deeper level where it extends for ages... it's not "two huge building" as you describe.

Sure, it doesn't really look the same as in the comics but... *nothing* in KotOR "looks" right if we take what Tales of the Jedi made it out to be.

The entire galaxy looked gothic and ancient which was pretty ridiculous when you think about it: I mean, sure it was set 4,000 years before the films, so the artists think "lets make everything look old", but the Republic and hyperspace travel had been in existance for about 20,000 years which doesn't suggest "ancient looking technology" to me.

KotOR makes everything look more similar to the movies, which is probably more accurate in the grand scheme of things.

Actually, KotOR changes a lot of the continuity to mesh more closely with the movies, which is something I really liked - and whilst it kept the names of people like Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma in the background it's obvious that they'd changed the events and the characters themselves.

The Sith War for example, was *nothing* like it was described in KotOR. In KotOR it seems like an actual war that involved hundreds of Jedi/Sith fighting each other and legions of troops facing each other down. Basically it seems like a proper war.

In the comics, the war lasts like a couple of days. I've searched all the way through them to find points where I think "well a lot of time could have passed between here and here" but there are *none*. The war seriously lasts about a week at the most.

Kun brainwashes 20 Jedi (out of HOW many in the galaxy?), who go on to only kill 8 Jedi Masters throughout the galaxy. Wow, how exceptional. As far as KotOR is concerned, he managed to corrupt hundreds, perhaps thousands of Jedi, considerably more awesome I think.

Ulic Qel-Droma gets two armies beneath his command including all of the mandalorians and has *Mandalore* as his right-hand man, but he hardly attacks the *galaxy*. He just gets ****y and goes for Coruscant and gets pillaged by a group of 10 Jedi because he gets stabbed in the back by his Sith-squeeze.

Sith technology is used to devastate a Ossus' surface. Admittedly, that's cool- then all the mandalorians and Ulic and Kun invade it to steal artifacts. Urm, and then Kun leaves, Ulic kills his brother and feels bad and tells the Jedi where Kun is.

They all travel over there and do their "light blocking thang" - Kun sheds his body and his spirit gets trapped in a temple to await Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy.

Basically, KotOR makes Kun seem like a really powerful Dark Lord as he is always said to be, whilst the comics make him seem like a pansy who is always falling back on Sith technology to do his work for him.

"use this amulet"

"use this ship"

"I'll use this big aritifact to drain all my warrior's life force and become a ghost"

Also, he's just plain too stupid in the comics.

So I'll take KotOR's interpreation of the "War of Exar Kun" over TotJs "The Sith War" (that wasn't even a war) any day.

Though I do think we were cheated on not getting a proper Basilisk war-droid in KotOR2... and it breaks with KotOR 1 continuity (as has been said, Canderous said he "rode" his basilisk). But I can cope and when it comes right down to it- though I did enjoy TotJ (i mean, i've been using a screenname inspired by Ulic since i was about 12) i enjoy the KotORs much, much more and as far as I am concerned they are the *real* record of the stuff that happened in SW history.

Technically you can "ride" in a car.

Though that's beside the point. A real Basilisk war droid would have been great. That said, the concept art of ones doesn't make sense as that couldn't enter atmosphere since the pilot would be burnt alive during reentry.

The Valley you visit in Jedi Academy is a different Valley to that in KoTOR. At least it had a different name (Wastn't the "Valley Of The Dark Lords" called the "Valley of The Sith" in KoTOR?). Raven implied there were at least two Valleys, your character went to one Valley and Luke Skywalker went to another.

All things considered, I'll take the version that we got in the short cutscene and that rather awesome FMV of the (rather awesome) combat landing as the real thing. I've never read SOTE (I consider it a rather cheap tie-in, from what I've heard about it), so I don't know the specs of the Virago fighter.

And "concept art" is just that -- a concept. It doesn't mean it is the end-all be-all final result.

Though that's beside the point. A real Basilisk war droid would have been great. That said, the concept art of ones doesn't make sense as that couldn't enter atmosphere since the pilot would be burnt alive during reentry.

The Valley you visit in Jedi Academy is a different Valley to that in KoTOR. At least it had a different name (Wastn't the "Valley Of The Dark Lords" called the "Valley of The Sith" in KoTOR?). Raven implied there were at least two Valleys, your character went to one Valley and Luke Skywalker went to another.

Well... the tomb of Marka Ragnos is in "both" Valleys... maybe the one we see in KotOR is the back entrance. ;)"

As for the pilot being burnt alive... well, they were always clad in Mandalorian armour... which probably prevented that from happening- Star Wars physics being what it is.

They could have used a closed cokpit version. Also if they were wearing Mandalorian armor they wouldn't have had a problem either. Canderous speaks of how when he entered Althirs atmo that he only had his armor to protect him during the reentry. That's why Basilisk and Mandalorians are cool, because they do crazy stuff. Either way that Virago isn't a Basilisk.

Also the Valleys can be different, because Marka Ragnos tombs in located in the Valley of the Dark Lords. Yet his ACTUAL tombs in the image of himself. You can't just walk up to it like in KOTOR/KOTOR 2. You have to climb a long row of steps to get to the entrace.

The valley is just two buildings in KOTOR/KOTOR 2. I actually looked over the edge, and there were no tombs. The Valleys tombs stretch for miles in the Canyon.

Developers should abide by continuity. Making stuff look a little modern is fine. KOTOR takes place 40 years after The Sith War, and lots of things could have changed. But the same isn't so for the VOTDL.

It's past and future have it as a series of tombs laid out in a Canyon.

Of course I could care less about the Valley in reality. The KOTOR tales comic will set things straight with that. Yet a Basilisk is a Basilisk, and that Virago aint' one.

Well... the tomb of Marka Ragnos is in "both" Valleys... maybe the one we see in KotOR is the back entrance. ;)"

Not likely. His body is in a huge room filled with great gold treasures. The body itself is entombed in a Statue of him sitting on a throne

A small correction:

The world of Althir isn't the one at which Canderous rides his Basalisk droid. That world is unnamed in KOTOR I, and Althir is the battle in which Canderous was promoted to lead a subsect of his clan. It later comes up in his side-quest, with Jagi, one of the soldiers under his command at that battle.

Let me see.

The KOTOR/KOTOR 2 Valley is wrong to continuity, and hopefully will be corrected when the KOTOR comic in Star Wars: Tales comes out. ;)

I still don't see what the problem with Naga Sadow's tomb being there is. The Sith would *undoubtedly* build the tomb for their Dark Lords the moment they became the Dark Lord. I mean, you didn't see them going "wait for us to build the tomb before we put Ragnos to rest" did you? No, the tomb was prepared for him *during his life*.

Simply put, it was a tomb that wasn't used. Also the valley of the Dark Lords isn't just the bit we see in KotOR... you'll notice it extends further and also drops down into a deeper level where it extends for ages... it's not "two huge building" as you describe.

Sure, it doesn't really look the same as in the comics but... *nothing* in KotOR "looks" right if we take what Tales of the Jedi made it out to be.

The entire galaxy looked gothic and ancient which was pretty ridiculous when you think about it: I mean, sure it was set 4,000 years before the films, so the artists think "lets make everything look old", but the Republic and hyperspace travel had been in existance for about 20,000 years which doesn't suggest "ancient looking technology" to me.

KotOR makes everything look more similar to the movies, which is probably more accurate in the grand scheme of things.

Actually, KotOR changes a lot of the continuity to mesh more closely with the movies, which is something I really liked - and whilst it kept the names of people like Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma in the background it's obvious that they'd changed the events and the characters themselves.

The Sith War for example, was *nothing* like it was described in KotOR. In KotOR it seems like an actual war that involved hundreds of Jedi/Sith fighting each other and legions of troops facing each other down. Basically it seems like a proper war.

In the comics, the war lasts like a couple of days. I've searched all the way through them to find points where I think "well a lot of time could have passed between here and here" but there are *none*. The war seriously lasts about a week at the most.

Kun brainwashes 20 Jedi (out of HOW many in the galaxy?), who go on to only kill 8 Jedi Masters throughout the galaxy. Wow, how exceptional. As far as KotOR is concerned, he managed to corrupt hundreds, perhaps thousands of Jedi, considerably more awesome I think.

Ulic Qel-Droma gets two armies beneath his command including all of the mandalorians and has *Mandalore* as his right-hand man, but he hardly attacks the *galaxy*. He just gets ****y and goes for Coruscant and gets pillaged by a group of 10 Jedi because he gets stabbed in the back by his Sith-squeeze.

Sith technology is used to devastate a Ossus' surface. Admittedly, that's cool- then all the mandalorians and Ulic and Kun invade it to steal artifacts. Urm, and then Kun leaves, Ulic kills his brother and feels bad and tells the Jedi where Kun is.

They all travel over there and do their "light blocking thang" - Kun sheds his body and his spirit gets trapped in a temple to await Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy.

Basically, KotOR makes Kun seem like a really powerful Dark Lord as he is always said to be, whilst the comics make him seem like a pansy who is always falling back on Sith technology to do his work for him.

"use this amulet"

"use this ship"

"I'll use this big aritifact to drain all my warrior's life force and become a ghost"

Also, he's just plain too stupid in the comics.

So I'll take KotOR's interpreation of the "War of Exar Kun" over TotJs "The Sith War" (that wasn't even a war) any day.

Though I do think we were cheated on not getting a proper Basilisk war-droid in KotOR2... and it breaks with KotOR 1 continuity (as has been said, Canderous said he "rode" his basilisk). But I can cope and when it comes right down to it- though I did enjoy TotJ (i mean, i've been using a screenname inspired by Ulic since i was about 12) i enjoy the KotORs much, much more and as far as I am concerned they are the *real* record of the stuff that happened in SW history.

Excellent points, Ulicus. Although I like TOTJ, I find it to be incoherent with its times:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=28729&hl=

We kept the valley the way it was in K1. Considering memory constraints, I completely understand why it was modeled the way it was.

The purpose of the ritual and Freedon Nadd was already explained by another poster (thanks, Ulicis). As to whether he was "wiped off the Force map," I have no idea, and no argument you could present to me from Tales of the Jedi would ever make me think that the evil that took place in that location couldn't still be harnessed for further acts of destruction.

The basilisk war droid version presented in K2 was an intentional departure from the ones presented in Tales of the Jedi, and we are happy, because frankly, those look really stupid. This is much the same reason that many of the designs in K1 are a departure from the ship designs in TOJ, and with good reason. So yes, the basilisk droid version was an intentional depature from the older models, and we take full responsibility. It is noteworthy that LucasArts and LucasFilm agreed with our decision on the first pass, much as they agreed with the decisions made with K1's look.

Oh, and someone mentioned Sith holocrons (Radnor?) - Exar Kun did not destroy the last holocron. Sith Holocrons show up repeatedly in the Expanded Universe after the events of the Sith War, and they are Sith holocrons that contain knowledge of Sith - Quinlan Vos retrieves one for Dooku in Star Wars: Republic, they show up repeatedly in the Jedi Quest series, etc, etc.

Regardless, I am certain there are other mistakes. It's a big universe and a big game, you'll find them. I did try to read, play, and watch every piece of Star Wars source material I could find, but I freely admit I make mistakes.

I'm not so concerned about Basilisk not looking like its TOJ desing, KOTOR's style is different from TOJ anyways. However, it looking like Virago did tickle my "they must have gotten it wrong" nerve. My first thought was along the lines of "Hey, that's Xizor's ship!" Then I just shrugged and moved along. It's not like it's a real issue.

SODOFF Steam group.

The basilisk war droid version presented in K2 was an intentional departure from the ones presented in Tales of the Jedi, and we are happy, because frankly, those look really stupid. This is much the same reason that many of the designs in K1 are a departure from the ship designs in TOJ, and with good reason. So yes, the basilisk droid version was an intentional depature from the older models, and we take full responsibility. It is noteworthy that LucasArts and LucasFilm agreed with our decision on the first pass, much as they agreed with the decisions made with K1's look.

LA's agrees to everything when it comes to continuity. Proven because they in the Mandalorian Article in issue 80 of insider, sets in stone that the Basilisk is a beast. The Mandalorians Basilisk in TOTJ might look stupid, but regardless it is a Basilisk War Droid. That Virago,which I think looks stupid, isn't a Basilisk. That thing would be destroyed in seconds by the stupid kind.

Even from Canderous discription in KOTOR he speaks of the Beast. I don't like that just because YOU THINK something looks stupid, you feel the right to change it. Of course in the end you didnt' change anything, the Basilisk is still the beast as it should.

I would hope that IF you are making KOTOR 3, you put the ACTUAL Basilisk into the game.

"Regardless, I am certain there are other mistakes. It's a big universe and a big game, you'll find them. I did try to read, play, and watch every piece of Star Wars source material I could find, but I freely admit I make mistakes. "

And the Basilisk was one of them, intentional or not.

LA's agrees to everything when it comes to continuity. Proven because they in the Mandalorian Article in issue 80 of insider, sets in stone that the Basilisk is a beast. The Mandalorians Basilisk in TOTJ might look stupid, but regardless it is a Basilisk War Droid. That Virago,which I think looks stupid, isn't a Basilisk. That thing would be destroyed in seconds by the stupid kind.

Even from Canderous discription in KOTOR he speaks of the Beast. I don't like that just because YOU THINK something looks stupid, you feel the right to change it. Of course in the end you didnt' change anything, the Basilisk is still the beast as it should.

I would hope that IF you are making KOTOR 3, you put the ACTUAL Basilisk into the game.

"Regardless, I am certain there are other mistakes. It's a big universe and a big game, you'll find them. I did try to read, play, and watch every piece of Star Wars source material I could find, but I freely admit I make mistakes. "

And the Basilisk was one of them, intentional or not.

Hmmm. Okay, I think you're making a mistake here, but no harm done.

Basically, I think you missed what I said in the previous post - the right to change something never rests with me, it rests with LucasArts and Lucasfilm. I suppose you could blame LucasArts if you want, but I think that would be unfair and frankly, another mistake - as I said in the previous post, please keep in mind that everything goes to Lucasfilm for approval. Everything.

I would strongly suggest that if you have a problem with the basilisk war droid, you don't have to stand for it - contact Lucasfilm, they run the show. Maybe they chose unwisely during the approval process when they saw the concepts. I seriously doubt it, but who knows?

Hey MCA good to see your still around, and everybody makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers on pencils. Not to mention the 500,000 lines of dialouge....etc...

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?