Do You Think Revan Deserved A Second Chance?

Aaargh! It's so annoying when you read a post and you know there is an argument but you can only read some of the words because you are afraid to be spoiled. This is what I mean:

Incorrect. 

She was only interested in betraying those who have betrayed her - Sion, Nihilus, Atris & The Jedi Council, and last but not least the Force.  In fact the entire game she wished no harm to be brought to the Exile by others,  but only wanted him to be greater than she was.

Really now, if you failed to notice that, you might want to consider re-playing the game.  ;)

yeah, considering the fact she tried to kill you at the end. she wished no harm to your character at all. and considering she left you for dead on dantoine. oh i forgot, there was an option NOT to fight her at the end.

[/sarcasm]

Incorrect again. 

Her character development is the 'proof'.  To act in the way you suggested would be acting out of character.

This isn't Darth Malak or some blood thirsty shmo we're taling about.;)

again,

her entire purpose was "betrayal". she said it over and over that the betrayer was ALWAYS needed. she said it when you ask her about atris. her purpose is to betray and use manipulation to sway you. you still havent shown proof that she did not lie even at the end. youre just using what she wants you to know and what you want to believe as proof.

that is not proof.

so basically, even though

she lied to you the entire game, your "proof" is the fact you believe at the end she, for some reason, chose to tell you the truth. my point is she lied the entire game, what makes you think that her reasoning at the end is the actual truth and not just more lies?

Ahh well, I guess that is the bane of being a PC gamer... :cool:

Aaargh! It's so annoying when you read a post and you know there is an argument but you can only read some of the words because you are afraid to be spoiled. This is what I mean:

actually, all that was said was

ludozee likes to play with barbie dolls

, and he thought i was wrong and stated that

ludozee likes to play with my little pony dolls

. so really, it wasnt much of an argument.

lets all point at kotorfanactic and laugh since he wont read this

:D

Points at Kotorfanatic :lol:

:lol:

LMAO

Ludozee + KotorFanatic = PWNED! ^_^

EDIT: To Neverwinterknight : I suppose I'll give you that she *could* be lying even though everyone else thinks she isn't. :ermm:

manthing2.jpg

Ludozee + KotorFanatic = PWNED!

o:) vainly trying to get back on topic...

Whether Revan deserved a second chance depends on your perception of Revan's actions--whether Revan did what Kreia said, or whether that was a guise for Revan's own aims. I don't think Revan wanted a second chance. As was stated, Revan always made his/her own decisions with free will. Why would Revan want to go back?

but what Revan didn't deserve is how that "second chance" came about. Mind wiping is not redemption; it's more like execution.

doh! :rolleyes:

Ahh well, I asked for it... :-

Ok...I'll try and steer this topic back OT....(yes, I read the spoilers. :p )

"Do I believe Revan deserved a second chance?" What do you mean? Revan (i consider him a DS male) singlehandedly brought the entire galaxy under his heel.

Palpatine brought a disharmonious galaxy under one single rule of law. Palpatine brought order where there was chaos. He brought efficiency where there was bureaucratic redtape. He brought safety and securirty where there was doubt. The Old Republic deserved to die and the Empire was the best thing to happen to the galaxy.

But...I digress. Revan was probably the most intellectual and forward thinking person in the whole Star Wars universe. Kudos to whoever thought of Darth Revan....major props to her/him.

>_<

Ok...I'll try and steer this topic back OT....(yes, I read the spoilers.  ;)  )

"Do I believe Revan deserved a second chance?"  What do you mean?  Revan (i consider him a DS male) singlehandedly brought the entire galaxy under his heel.

Palpatine brought a disharmonious galaxy under one single rule of law.  Palpatine brought order where there was chaos.  He brought efficiency where there was bureaucratic redtape.  He brought safety and securirty where there was doubt.  The Old Republic deserved to die and the Empire was the best thing to happen to the galaxy.

But...I digress.  Revan was probably the most intellectual and forward thinking person in the whole Star Wars universe.  Kudos to whoever thought of Darth Revan....major props to her/him.

:-

:thumbsup:

Kudos to Darth Revan indeed. He's like the best bits of palps, Exar Kun, Naga Sasow, and Lord Vader all wrapped up nicely in one Dark Lord. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

Revan got alot more then he/she deserved. Mindwipe was a small price to pay.

Whatever reason Revan used is irrelivant, what he/she did was not better then what

True Sith

would do or Mandalorians did.

I guess if you play LS he/she proves to be deserving of a second chance, redemption was always a theme in star wars. But it was still reckless of the jedi to let Revan loose on the galaxy. He/she was their last chance I suppose...

"Do I believe Revan deserved a second chance?"  What do you mean?  Revan (i consider him a DS male) singlehandedly brought the entire galaxy under his heel.

Palpatine brought a disharmonious galaxy under one single rule of law.  Palpatine brought order where there was chaos.  He brought efficiency where there was bureaucratic redtape.  He brought safety and securirty where there was doubt.  The Old Republic deserved to die and the Empire was the best thing to happen to the galaxy.

But...I digress.  Revan was probably the most intellectual and forward thinking person in the whole Star Wars universe.  Kudos to whoever thought of Darth Revan....major props to her/him.

:p

Very true. But to be captured by the Jedi and have your mind wiped is a bit embarassing for a man like Revan :">

Ok...I'll try and steer this topic back OT....(yes, I read the spoilers.  :lol:  )

Very true. But to be captured by the Jedi and have your mind wiped is a bit embarassing for a man like Revan :">

Can you imagine the carnage if Malak didn't fire on his ship? He would have destroyed Bastila and her strke team solo. :">

manthing2.jpg

Can you imagine the carnage if Malak didn't fire on his ship? He would have destroyed Bastila and her strke team solo. :">

Yes, but why Malak didn't completely destroyed the ship??? :lol:

No doubt the guy was an idiiot.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Can you imagine the carnage if Malak didn't fire on his ship?  He would have destroyed Bastila and her strke team solo.  :">

nur ab sal would have taken a sniper rifle to the lucasarts building if that happened. :("

But when Georgie is in his scope, he'll realize he's just a fatter version of Kyle Katarn, resulting in a crisis of faith. :-"

manthing2.jpg

Ok...I'll try and steer this topic back OT....(yes, I read the spoilers.  :-  )

:-

Yes, but why Malak didn't completely destroyed the ship??? :-

No doubt the guy was an idiiot.

Revan would have embarassed the Jedi Order had Malak not fire on the ship. I can see their faces of desperation and despair when they would have felt Bastila and her strike team be swiftly murdered.

Interesting comparison...... :p

kyle_katarn.jpg+ burger.jpg= lucas.jpg

^_^

Priceless... Oops, what I meant was shame on you for making fun of GL like that. :ph34r:

I think Jag is right on this one.  You would have to be looking too hard to think everything she said was a lie, especially the stuff at the end.

- dr cloak

and im not saying he is not right. all im saying is, she lied for a vast majority of the game, so why would she suddenly tell the truth at the end?

but meh, its not a big deal. im just saying that it could be possible, given her actions throughout the game.

But Kreia only lied to you about the Force connection so you wouldn't kill her.

In the end,

she says that there will be no shadow between her and you. I think she tells you after the Sion betraying Kreia cutscene

Back to the original question: No one deserves a second chance, or everyone does, but you don't get them based on merit. Some people just get them. If you get one, it's just cuz a someone else's mercy or your own good luck.

Revan was lucky to be captured alive by an enemy that takes prisoners and doesn't execute war criminals, then he got lucky when the Council figured using him was the only way to find out where the Sith's power was coming from and how to put an end to it.

(Revan hadn't fallen all the way to the Dark Side when he lit out to fight the Mandalorians but by the time he came back and started burning Telos, he was definitely fully DS.)

Whether Revan sees this as a second chance to rule the galaxy or a second chance to reverse the course of the civil war he started is up to the player, of course.

Either way, by the end of the game he makes the best of that second chance.