the JOURNEY or the ENDING

What leaves the lasting impression? The journey with your characters, or the way everything "ends"?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What leaves the lasting impression? The journey with your characters, or the way everything "ends"?

• the Journey
    • the Ending

Journey is more important, however i think it is the ending which you are more likely to remember as it is the last thing to happen in the game.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Like many have stated, the journey is just as important as the ending. A great ending will suffer greatly from a poor journey as there will be no motivation to reach that ending, no one will care enough, no matter how good the ending is. But in the flipside, a poor ending has the capability to completely ruin a great journey for me.

How things turn out or how the characters end up after their journey has ended, if it does at all, greatly affects he way I appreciate the journey I've taken with them. I might have a wonderous journey, filled with triumph, defeat, sadness, joy or any other range of emorions but when that journey stops without closure or it ends in a way I was not hoping it to then it diminishes greatly the emotional investment I have put into the journey as a whole...I went through so much just to end up like that and every time I play again, I'm playing again to reach that again?

When storylines are involved the ending is just as important as the journey taken. For these reasons I can say that I like the LotR Trilogy even more, because Return of the King was the ending that journey promised and deserved, where as I like the SW OT less, because I dislike RotJ so much. But in the end, as much for the journey as the ending it is all left to the individual. What one finds to be a remarkable journey others will not, same as the endings.

I still like KotOR 2 very much, but I know now for sure that I do not like it above or as close as the original with all its faults, in great part due to the ending. If KotOR 3 delivers the ending to KotOR 2 that this game deserves, perhaps then I'll have a new appreciation for the second game and will reevalute my feelings about it. But as KotOR 3 will probably be with a new cast and maybe not even continue the story, if it's ever made, I'm not holding my breath.

But I think both are crucial to the story, game, movie, whatever. To not have one is to deliver a mediocre product which doesn't live up to the potential it had.

I've only completed the LS ending, and to be completely honest -- I liked it.

All the questions I had were answered, save for

the Exile's next course of action -- will he/she go after Revan or continue to live in exile, now that the galaxy has been saved?

Seriously though -- other than that,

Kreia tells you EVERYthing you would want to know

!

I'm on my second playthrough right now, and I can't wait to see the DS ending! ;)