NBA talk

kumquatq3

Branching off the other thread

Btw, kumquatq3 great avatar. Being a Cincinnati fan I had to look elsewhere to be an NBA fan, so I'm a Bulls fan. And damn are they on fire right now! Future is looking good in Chicago.

Considering their hardest stretch of schedule is behind them and their only 2.5 gmes back of a playoff spot ::knock on wood:: they got a shot at the playoffs in the East. Their beating good teams, and not "good" East teams, but Western conference teams.

Ben Gordon is a machine and they got ROBBED at theend in that Dallas game btw.

bah, the bulls are a basically a college team they'd be better of not making the playoff and as much as the lakers are doing bad they're still way better than the bulls, if the lakers find some glue to paste their game together they might even have a chance at the title which is somethnig the bulls couldn't even dream about at this point. on their good nights the lakers are quite good but they currently lack consistency.

bah, the bulls are a basically a college team they'd be better of not making the playoff and as much as the lakers are doing bad they're still way better than the bulls, if the lakers  find some glue to paste their game together they might even have a chance at the title which is somethnig the bulls couldn't even dream about at this point. on their good nights the lakers are quite good but they currently lack consistency.

SAy what you will, but were beating good teams by alot, including the Lakers.

Tho I agree, were no championship team

Miami Heat, baby!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Miami Heat, baby!

They won yesterday while Shaq lost.

What do you mean Shaq lost?

He scored fewer points that Kobe? (while taking at least ten fewer shots and fouling out with over 2 minutes left to play).

Miami won, therefore, Shaq won.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Scoring points isn't the only way to help your team win. Setting up a pick, blocking shots, getting rebounds, boxing out, playing D, etc. are all important.

Rodman (despite all the off-the-court hooplah) was a great player who helped teams win. He was unselfish on the court, and was a great rebounder.

Yea, the Bulls are still the baby Bulls, and have been for the last 5 years because when everyone grows up, Chicago trades them. The Baby Bulls have a great collection of young talent on their team, as evidenced by going undefeated in the Rocky Mountain classic in the off-season. Anyway, the two hardest positions to fill on a basketball team are the point guard and the center positions, as there just aren

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

You forgot about Gordon when you talked about their young guards. He is half the reason their winning these games.

As for the trades, I guess you mean Artest and Crawford.

Artest.....well, I think both teams lost in that trade. As for Crawford, we couldn't have kept him and Kirk, he just wasn't having it. He wasn't playing anything like he is now with the Knicks either (tho he got hurt recently)

Don't forget about Williams and his motorcycle accident. You don't just lose your first round (second pick overall?) draft pick and shrug it off.