Kotor3 MORPG?

Would you want kotor3 to be a massive online rpg  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want kotor3 to be a massive online rpg

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

Any MMORPG that had Jedi as a playable profession in it is bound to fail. Just look at SWG.

- dr cloak

Jedi are not the reason it's not doing well. It's hard to explain what's wrong, It's Everquest in a galaxy far away.

I have played mmo's for years, there great. I also happen to be a Star Wars fan. But i dont play SWG because it doesnt feel right. They picked the wrong time setting, and used the old MMO methods. I felt like i was cheating being a Jedi during Empire rule.

They need to start all over again with there MMORPG. just an opinion :)

playing online with freinds or just mature people you meet online is a great laugh. I have tried and tested this. MMORPG is a good thing, played them for 3 years now and some very funny things happen.

Yeah, I suppose if you're into games which have no point whatsoever, it must be fun.

why does everyone want to be Jedi?... because jedi are cool it's that simple, people want to be Jedi's lol.

Nah. People want to be Jedi to feel powerful. They want their cyber alter-ego to be the bully with a bad attitude they can't be in RL. They want to be the invincible munchkins everyone is afraid of and nobody wants to mess with. I have had more than my share of online gaming and I know what I'm talking about. It's called the 'Greater Internet F*ckwad Theory'.

'such a thing is a mathematical impossibility' 'whats really needed is to come at it from a different angle. just my opinion again'

im afraid that a dude ypu probly think rather a lot of sed its a mathematical impossibility to make a gd star wars mmorpg so im afraid your opinion is obsolete.

btw why on earth is it a mathematical impossibilty, its not maths for a start

Uh, yes, of course... whatever it was you were trying to say.

Next time try to make some sense. It really helps when you are making a point. :blink:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, I suppose if you're into games which have no point whatsoever, it must be fun.

What kind fo rubbish have you been playing? :) I have never played a MMORPG that has no point whatsoever. I like to battle with real people not becasue any of the things you say, instead, it's because human players are infinitly resourceful, 10 fold more challenging to fight and you can talk to the guy before and after ( w/o being a f**kwad i might add ).

Nah. People want to be Jedi to feel powerful. They want their cyber alter-ego to be the bully with a bad attitude they can't be in RL. They want to be the invincible munchkins everyone is afraid of and nobody wants to mess with. I have had more than my share of online gaming and I know what I'm talking about. It's called the 'Greater Internet F*ckwad Theory'.

Maybe you never dug deep enough to sorround yourself with mature, freindly and fun people?. Ofc there's ned's online, hell there's even ned's on this board :) Seeking out the adult, mature players is a skill you acquire playing MMO's for years. I've played 3 now and in each one i have been in Guilds/Corperations with good poeple. Excluding this f**kwads you speak of. But i think you hate them already for some reason eh, and nothing i say will change that. A game with a chat channel full of real people, it's not as horrific as you make it sound ;)

im afraid that a dude ypu probly think rather a lot of sed its a mathematical impossibility to make a gd star wars mmorpg so im afraid your opinion is obsolete.

Sorry amigo but not sure what point your making. And that Mathematical quote wasn't mine :) I am all for it

Side note : o.m.g i am level 1 poster now, can i shed the feeling of being noob poster now? or is that level 2 :p

Meh, guess i will have to post 5,244 reply's with one word answers before i disappear forever on febuary 10th ( uk release ) :devil: . Unless OE make part 3, if it gets made. Ofc i will post my post - play report before i go :thumbsup:

New SW mmorpg set in kotor/old times for win! -- my lame attempt to stay on topic :shifty:

for me the biggest prob with an mmorpg is that as a child its not practical to play one, i wasnt sure enough that i would like galaxys to give up a large part of my allowance etc etc

money is such a big factor in everything, damn bill gates

for me the biggest prob with an mmorpg is that as a child its not practical to play one, i wasnt sure enough that i would like galaxys to give up a large part of my allowance etc etc

Your rigth not to waste your money on SWG, it's not really star wars apart for the label :thumbsup:"

But being so young you have to have priorties, and

How about we skip the MMOs. They are all crap.

:thumbsup:

Or we could all spend our time just posting, then posting more, then post alot more..... have you played any Had? :shifty:

Each to there own, as things depend greatly on our own point of view - :ph34r:

mmorpg set in Old Republic for win!

What kind fo rubbish have you been playing? :( I have never played a MMORPG that has no point whatsoever. I like to battle with real people not becasue any of the things you say, instead, it's because human players are infinitly resourceful, 10 fold more challenging to fight and you can talk to the guy before and after ( w/o being a f**kwad i might add ).

If I want true RP'ing, there's always the PnP. It beats CRPGs anytime. And yes, I suppose MMORPGs have a point. That is, to acquire new levels, better items and kick other people's asses for absolutely no reason other that to get more levels and better items.

Not to mention that MMORPGs are full of powergamers which actually take all the fun out of the RP'ing system. Again, if you are a powergamer, that's your kind of game. Sorry, but I ain't buying it.

Maybe you never dug deep enough to sorround yourself with mature, freindly and fun people?. Ofc there's ned's online, hell there's even ned's on this board  ;) Seeking out the adult, mature players is a skill you acquire playing MMO's for years. I've played 3 now and in each one i have been in Guilds/Corperations with good poeple. Excluding this f**kwads you speak of. But i think you hate them already for some reason eh, and nothing i say will change that. A game with a chat channel full of real people, it's not as horrific as you make it sound  ;)

No, you didn't get my point. What I meant is that those friendly, mature people won't care about the player classes as long as the rest of the game is good. Only munchkin kids would settle for nothing less than Jedi. Hence the idea of a MMORPG focused on Jedi would attract untold amounts of F*ckwads. Definitely not something I would like to see.

random numbers guy:

1. if you read a thread thoroughly you will understand whats sed in it

2. dont patronise me it reflects badly on you

And maybe you should re-read and revise your own posts (not to mention those you are replying to) before frantically clicking the 'Add Reply' button.

I wouldn't patronize you if you didn't allow room for it. If you are getting involved in a supposedly mature discussion, the less you can do is act mature. :thumbsup:

Galaxies is a LA product developed and maintained by Sony. What exactly does Bill Gates have to do with it? :shifty:

Dude, that guy is clearly too elite for you... :devil:"

;)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If I want true RP'ing, there's always the PnP. It beats CRPGs anytime. And yes, I suppose MMORPGs have a point. That is, to acquire new levels, better items and kick other people's asses for absolutely no reason other that to get more levels and better items.

Em, what if i said the MMO i play EVE Online there is no levels, you train skills in real time. No such thing as powergamers there. Also the pre-req for the player Corperation i am in is that you are true roleplayer. No one there acts out of character. We distance ourselves from the riffraff you speak of. :thumbsup:

Give us a mmo more like that and less like Everquest in the SW universe!

your the only one hu didnt understand it, seems to me your the one hu needs to re-read it instead of skipping through 'frantically' awaiting a chance to be conceited and pompous. i didnt leave ne room to be patronized, thats your imagination i think. having read what you post generally i should imagine im probly more intelligent than you (thats just my opinion, if ya want to try nd prove otherwise go ahead). explain my immaturity and where it occurs.

ps you need to revise your post, there is a dodgy spelling :thumbsup:"

pps i mentioned having money being a big issue. now do you see the link, if not wow that is really worrying.

pps dont accuse me of arrogance, if you do im gunna accuse you of hypocrisy

your the only one hu didnt understand it, seems to me your the one hu needs to re-read it instead of skipping through 'frantically' awaiting a chance to be conceited and pompous. i didnt leave ne room to be patronized, thats your imagination i think.

You seem to have a problem understanding how a message board works. If you reply quoting somebody, that implies you are making reference to that particular quote, not a different part of the thread which may or may not exist. Clear up your posts first, and then come see me. :shifty:

having read what you post generally i should imagine im probly more intelligent than you (thats just my opinion, if ya want to try nd prove otherwise go ahead). explain my immaturity and where it occurs.

That whole paragraph is a perfectly good proof of your immaturity. It's so very nice of you to provide evidence of what you are asking in that very post.

ps you need to revise your post, there is a dodgy spelling :devil:"

Some more proof of immaturity. You are really making this too easy.

pps i mentioned having money being a big issue. now do you see the link, if not wow that is really worrying.

Perhaps you live in a world where greed is exclusive of Bill Gates? If that is the case, you are in for a few surprises, I fear.

pps dont accuse me of arrogance, if you do im gunna accuse you of hypocrisy

Unfortunately for you, being arrogant requires some style, which you and your AOL typing lack in large amounts.

And please, don't accuse me of anything! I may have trouble sleeping tonight. :thumbsup:

hahaha thanks for the laughs dude! your language is very sophisticated, shame the argument doesnt match up! i would wade through your post and argue this, but obviously neither of us is gunna back down so wots the point, im satisfied being immature but more intelligent than you nd youl just have to be satisfied with being mature but less intelligent

will

ps i never accused bill gates of greed! im just jealous hes rich, dont try and make EVRYTHIN i say sound wrong youl just make yourself sound wrong

pps 'greed is exclusive of bill gates' try exclusive to! i mite be giving proof of immaturity but ur giving proof of being a complete moron! or perhaps you would say moronicness?

ppps arrogance doesnt take style, look heres the definition dude:

overbearing pride evidenced by a superior manner toward inferiors

hehe your my inferior! lol your right i am immature, cos im a teenager mainly.

hahaha thanks for the laughs dude! your language is very sophisticated, shame the argument doesnt match up! i would wade through your post and argue this, but obviously neither of us is gunna back down so wots the point, im satisfied being immature but more intelligent than you nd youl just have to be satisfied with being mature but less intelligent

I find it rather amusing how you associate immaturity with intelligence. By that standard, a two year-old child would be more intelligent than you. Which seems to be the case, but not for the same reasons you state. Sorry, your logic holds no water at all.

I don't doubt you may be more intelligent than I am. However you do one hell of a job at hiding it. :)

dont try and make EVRYTHIN i say sound wrong

I don't have to. You just sound wrong without me pointing it whatsoever.

well now lets clap ourselves on the back for derailing a topic and apologise for deraling and stop this stuff. haha i love a good argument, oh btw its prbably my IMMATURITY that hides my INTELLIGENCE doncha think :)

sorry everyone, pride and arrogance always keeps you arguing i guess!