35-40% of the time the game fails to load.

I had that problem. Then I cleaned the optics of my DVD player. Now it loads every time.

Doing this voids the warranty of your XBox, but if your XBox is a year old, it's gone anyways.

If you have any desire to try and clean your XBox, I can point you to some good tutorials like Llama's.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/

It's a good site for XBox maintenance and modding that doesn't focus on piracy.

KOTOR 2 has to be the only game I have which has slow disc access. It likes to halt frequently during gameplay, but it rarely crashes for me.

It's not the only one for me. Top Spin takes forever to load a new match (even in the same tournament). And Sudeki had some longish load times. I think load times are going to be a persistant problem(console and PC) as long as we demand great grahics in our games.

Is anyone else having that high of a failure to load rate?

I'm not having any problems at all. I've only locked up once, and that was after playing for 10 hours straight. I thnk the Xbox over heated a little.

It sounds like alot of the "bug problems" that people are having is because of their XBOX, especially the older ones.

I bought a brand new XBOX for KOTOR2, and I didnt have one problem.

PS2 had the same problems and they wound up getting sued.

My PS2 just died a few months ago and stopped reading everything, and I called Sony and they fixed it for free for me.

I guess they had a CLass Action lawsuit because of the problems. Seems Like XBOX is having the same problems now.

Ya, I have had the same thing, and people might say its the XBOX. But thats rubish, I have over 20 games in my library and have not had any problems with any of them, including Top SPin, and the former load king Morrowind. Thousands of people have had problems with Morrowind and I got the XBOX in the first few months and no problems (So I have an "old" XBOX with the "old" DVD Drive). Morrowind does have an excuse for that and because of its major size. But it shouldn't take 10 minutes to load the cantina, and then when it does everyone is frozen in that no animation state.

You know I don't blame Obsidian, because obviously they wouldn't want to ship a game the way that it is (some people dont have problems I know). I would blame lucas arts for giving them a contract that required them to make the game by the end of the year. This game needed just a few more months, and Im quite frustrated they didn't get that. The only thing they needed to make this game really great was a few more months to optimize the code and make is easier to load which is called optimization.

I don't even know how they got it past Microsoft QA, because with most games (Im familiar with the process), they are quite picky. Sometimes they wont aprove a game because for example "when you take the controller out of slot 1 and put it into slot 4 and have a memory card in it and put another controller in slot 1 when the game is playing you cannot save on the memory card," and trust me, that example caused a certain developement company not to get their game approved by Microsoft QA (I mean, something like that doesn't take to long to fix but still). And for RPGs from what I hear, its a "rule" that they have to be at a constant 30 fps no matter what. So what I'm trying to say is that I think everyone from Microsoft to LucasArts just pushed this game out for the Christmas rush, and didn't care on making a glitch free game. Which is probably why Bioware didn't work on it, the whole little probable clause in the contract to finish it before 2004.