Do you mind if the devs had more time?

An extend release date, to fix the storyline/bugs  

33 members have voted

1. 1. An extend release date, to fix the storyline/bugs

• Yes - Get over it
    • No- Make the game what it should be
    • Whatever

That wont happen. They already released the XBox version and there is no way in hell that the Xboxers will buy a new and improved (storywise) KotOR:TSL.

I can't comment on how the story develops and ends, because I'm waiting for the PC release, but I'm sure I will love the game and I will play it a lot of times, like I did the first KotOR.

Agreed to an extent.

Remember that it is imposible to fix all the bugs, specially since the PC plataform can vary in hardware. What works with a nVidia card, not always works with an ATI card. So yes, I hope they fix the bugs the plagued the XBox, but that doesn't mean that the game will not have bugs in some PC systems...

But the bugs present are all on what amounts to the exact same system specs (ie. the Xbox). Therefore, they should be easier to fix since it's not like they are caused by different system configurations.

I can deal with the odd bug that eventually gets patched. But after all the issues with the XBox version, and the extra 2 months, most of the game stoppers better NOT be present.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Agreed to an extent.

Remember that it is imposible to fix all the bugs, specially since the PC plataform can vary in hardware. What works with a nVidia card, not always works with an ATI card. So yes, I hope they fix the bugs the plagued the XBox, but that doesn't mean that the game will not have bugs in some PC systems...

But the bugs present are all on what amounts to the exact same system specs (ie. the Xbox). Therefore, they should be easier to fix since it's not like they are caused by different system configurations.

I can deal with the odd bug that eventually gets patched. But after all the issues with the XBox version, and the extra 2 months, most of the game stoppers better NOT be present.

Yes Ghost , I agree. But we already know that XBox version was rushed, so bugs are to be expected. Futhermore, maybe the Xbox hardware is way out of date, and the new additions to the engine, made by Obsidian, lags the console a lot more now...I remember hearing the KotOR 1 lagged a lot when there where particles effects and/or a lot of NPCs around...

Its simple ...

In japan they are used to consoles so the idea of releasing a game with bad performance and bugs is unthinkable.

In the western world we grow up with PCs, we are used to performance hits due to outdated hardware and bugs due that for years we installed patches.

The Xbox is a western console, most developers for the Xbox are (or were) PC developers and so they are used to performance hits and buggy releases.

Xbox owners are most from the western nations, they did not moved from the PS2 to the Xbox but from the PC to the Xbox so they dont complain much.

drakron.png

I don't think the lagging issues are the biggest thing the XBoxers are complaining about. I'd say it's more the freezing or the broken quests or the inability to even load the game that ranks high up there.

I'm not worried about lagging, because generally with a PC there's ways to work around that that you can't do with an XBox. But broken quests and games not even loading properly is a different story.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

They don't complain much? Haven't you seen all the posts about bugs in the Xbox version?

Who was that in response to? I clearly stated that the XBoxers had bigger issues than just lagging to worry about.

:D

I guess I will take my faith and optimism somewhere else...

No but seriously, let's give Obsidian a chance. They might've have release the XBox version early, but that was Lucasarts call. Not Obsidian.

And about the bugs...that's is exactly why I don't own a console. If you buy a buggy PC game, chances are there will be a patch soon enough. You can't do that with a console.

Obsidian is equally to blame as Lucas Arts.

No but seriously, let's give Obsidian a chance. They might've have release the XBox version early, but that was Lucasarts call. Not Obsidian.

And about the bugs...that's is exactly why I don't own a console. If you buy a buggy PC game, chances are there will be a patch soon enough. You can't do that with a console.

In what way Hades? They don't make the decisions...Lucasarts does.

In what way Hades? They don't make the decisions...Lucasarts does.

I prefer the approach of Developers like Bungie, that refuse to ship a game until its absolutely complete in their eyes, Publishers be damned.

- dr cloak

Except in this case, the developer was using the Star Wars license.  But yeah, I guess they could've just said, "screw you, Lucas Arts," and been fired... and not get any pay until NWN 2.  If Atari didn't decide to pull the project because of "unreliability" on the part of Obsidian.

Mmm good point. But here is my take on it. Lets say I pull together some strong veterans and forumlate my own elite software game design team. A brand new company. I would never agree to any Publisher, to ship a game that was at 85% completion.

My reputation would be too important for me to do this. Especially since it would be my FIRST project/game. And my reputation would be primarily judged on my new Company's first release.

- dr cloak

Mmm good point.  But here is my take on it.  Lets say I pull together some strong veterans and forumlate my own elite software game design team.  A brand new company.  I would never agree to any Publisher, to ship a game that was at 85% completion.

My reputation would be too important for me to do this.  Especially since it would be my FIRST project/game.  And my reputation would be primarily judged on my new Company's first release.

- dr cloak

Except for the fact you're brand new and you have to start somewhere. Landing the SW: KOTOR franchise was a big coup. Any brand new developer that turned that down on "principle" or because they wanted to do everything their way would be out of business in no time.

Except for the fact you're brand new and you have to start somewhere.  Landing the SW: KOTOR franchise was a big coup.  Any brand new developer that turned that down on "principle" or because they wanted to do everything their way would be out of business in no time.

Yeah I suppose. But I fail to see whats wrong with telling a Publisher right off the bat: "Listen, I know there are deadlines involved, but my Company simply will not ship a game until its finalized. Take it or leave it"

- dr cloak

Mmm good point.  But here is my take on it.  Lets say I pull together some strong veterans and forumlate my own elite software game design team.  A brand new company.  I would never agree to any Publisher, to ship a game that was at 85% completion.

My reputation would be too important for me to do this.  Especially since it would be my FIRST project/game.  And my reputation would be primarily judged on my new Company's first release.

- dr cloak

Except for the fact you're brand new and you have to start somewhere. Landing the SW: KOTOR franchise was a big coup. Any brand new developer that turned that down on "principle" or because they wanted to do everything their way would be out of business in no time.

Exactly. To me Obsidian didn't have a choice. In any business reputation is very costly comodity that you can't just get easily. If OE stood against LA they would've had a costly setback in reputation.

Yeah I suppose.  But I fail to see whats wrong with telling a Publisher right off the bat:  "Listen, I know there are deadlines involved, but my Company simply will not ship a game until its finalized.  Take it or leave it"

- dr cloak

You've never worked for a small business or a starting out company have you? Like I said, if a new company said something like that to Lucasarts, Lucasarts would turn around and say "Ok no problem. We have 10 other developers who are willing to meet our deadlines." And take their business elsewhere.

Except for the fact you're brand new and you have to start somewhere.  Landing the SW: KOTOR franchise was a big coup.  Any brand new developer that turned that down on "principle" or because they wanted to do everything their way would be out of business in no time.

Yeah I suppose. But I fail to see whats wrong with telling a Publisher right off the bat: "Listen, I know there are deadlines involved, but my Company simply will not ship a game until its finalized. Take it or leave it"

- dr cloak

Well:

1 OE didn't have control over the Star Wars license

2 OE is a new company

3 They need to make a name for themselves (and K2 was their chance)

Sometimes you have to bow your head and keep going in order to survive...

Ghost wrote:

[[You've never worked for a small business or a starting out company have you? Like I said, if a new company said something like that to Lucasarts, Lucasarts would turn around and say "Ok no problem. We have 10 other developers who are willing to meet our deadlines." And take their business elsewhere.]]

I understand, good point.

- dr cloak

(Sorry, quote messed up)