Remember that which version is better debate?

Well this guy pretty much settles it.

razy19

I hear alot of tlk bout ppl arguing that XboX is better than PC or vise-versa. I'm here to end that. I love XboX. However, this isn't about me. I?ve played KOTOR on both Systems. Playing it on PC is MUCH better. XboX has a 733 MHz Intel CPU..Y did Microsoft only put a 733 MHz in xbox w/games which require high speed. I e-mailed Microsoft... & if u think MS would actually reply to a ? by a kid in a small town in Canada... u're wrong. Most of the games that are out now only require half of the CPU speed MS didn't need to upgrade the speed. XboX has A 64MB MEMORY CARD!! I use a 64 MB Memory stick to wipe my ass!! I'm just going to cut to the chase here. KOtoR was only meant to be played on a PC system. W/ a PC system u can upgrade ur video card or processor speed to accommodate a clean smooth play of KOtoR. W/ an XboX the only thing u can upgrade are changing the case of the system from plastic to cheap metallic silver plating. The whole style of play changes on PC. The controls are much easier on PC & the overall game play is extraordinary the story line is the same but u just feel as if the game is totally new & improved on a PC system. I found when I was playing on XboX the screen would jitter sometimes when u'd get to scenes where u needed high quality graphics, it would lag slightly. The graphics of KOtoR on my PC system were just absolutely mind boggling. The smooth play was incredible. First person shooter games are ok on XboX they were created for XboX, not KOtoR, how can u control such a massive game w/ 7 or 8 buttons? The main reason why ppl buy an XboX rather than a PC system is because it is much cheaper. Hell thats why I bought my XboX & went to my buddies house to test KOtoR on PC. Don't get me wrong all u XboX freaks out there, I love XboX but for this particular game XboX just doesn't cut it for me at least. So the final verdict on which system is better XboX or PC..I'm going to have to go w/ PC depending on what kind of PC u have.

The whole thread is at the lucasarts forums.

Heres the thread

Who cares? o:)

I mean, honestly, people play Kotor 2 and have/had alot of fun. This obviously on the xbox.

So it seems like a really good game is fun on both, PC & Console. Because its just not all about visuals.

I'm often surprised how good xbox games actually look (especially the non-crossplatform titles).

But besides, yes, xbox is about money. I am so really sick about having to upgrade my PC almost every half a year these days, just to have a decent framerate in the next upcoming supreme game.

Side note: I played Kotor 1 on my PC (2.8Ghz, 1024MB, r9800Pro) and i actually had some some slowdowns and suffered from terrible controls (for the PC).

So from part one you can't say it was whole alot better on the PC than on the box.

Anyway, have fun . It's all about that :-"

You had slow downs on that system? Not possible, maybe u had a virus or something. But anyway PC can fix bugs ect quick smart, and its becasue of the xboxs limitations that the PC version cant have bigger areas and cloaks where the hood can go up or down.

It's very possible as I had the same problems on my 3GHz sytem. No viruses or anything. The problem was with ATi's drivers (certain versions made the game run really slow, less then 5 FPS slow). I sure hope that KOTOR2 addresses this issue, or ATi does (if they haven't already).

You had slow downs on that system? Not possible, maybe u had a virus or something. But anyway PC can fix bugs ect quick smart, and its becasue of the xboxs limitations that the PC version cant have bigger areas and cloaks where the hood can go up or down.

1) I had some slowdowns on Taris and especially on Dantooine (Wilderness). I read in some forums, that i was by far not the only one and that it has to be blamed on the limitations of the game engine.

2) Its easily possible to update/patch xbox games via XBL or FTP (for 'special' boxes). Just its not offered too often. An example is that you can download the Space Station from the PC Version for the box as well. Legally. Just check lucasarts.

3) Sure the PC is more potent. But personally, i don't find Kotor 1 which i played on PC to be much better than Kotor 2 on the xbox. But your results may vary o:)

Ic. Well i just had a humble 2.4Ghz with 512Mb and a geforce 4 Ti 4200 128mb with no slow down what so ever.

It may also depend on the screen resolution. I use to play in 1280*1024, because of the 'limitations' of my monitor o:)"

And yes, by switching the ATi drivers, Kotor1 became more or less choppy. But it never ran fluid.

...that the PC version cant have bigger areas and cloaks where the hood can go up or down.

Sorry, I forgot:

4) PCs can handle bigger areas, sure. But remember Deus Ex 2? <_<

5) Hoods up or down? You are serious? You really think a game is cooler because you may choose how to wear your hood?? Ever thought about playing the Sims 2?? o:)

Always the same arguments, pc has better graphics, x-box bigger screen etc.

Personally I prefer x-box, as it is much more relaxing to lie in my bed playing than sitting in a chair looking in a screen 20 centimetres from my eyes. I also prefer the x-box controller, much simpler.

Always the same arguments, pc has better graphics, x-box bigger screen etc.

Personally I prefer x-box, as it is much more relaxing to lie in my bed playing than sitting in a chair looking in a screen 20 centimetres from my eyes. I also prefer the x-box controller, much simpler.

To be fair you can control the PC verion with the two buttons on your mouse and the space bar (or whatever you use to pause it- which theoretically could be the 3rd mouse button), but I guess each to his/her own.

P.S. has anyone else looked at the relpies on the LA forums? >_<

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

I can't read that first post. Hard on the eyes. This person knows nothing of paragraph structure or proper spelling from what little I read of it.

Regardless everyone knows the PC rules supreme.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

...cloaks where the hood can go up or down.

Actually, this is an engine limitation:

On the issue of hoods.  Not sure if this has been answered.

There are no jedi robes where the player can put the hood up and down themselves.  Some companions have hoods when they wear clothes or jedi robes.

The issue for not including robes was not so much a time or team issue, but an engine issue.  The robes that are in the game already pushed the memory set aside for Player Character armor types by a factor of 2 or 3, so we had to compromise in places.  In my opinion, it was worth it because I think our robes look great.

Is there any point to this topic? uhoh3.gif

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Is there any point to this topic? uhoh3.gif

Yes, look: . (w00t)

I'm looking but still can't see.Can someone please tell me? :(

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

But besides, yes, xbox is about money. I am  so really sick about having to upgrade my PC almost every half a year these days, just to have a decent framerate in the next upcoming supreme game.

I now only play console games because I got sick of upgrading my PC at great cost just to keep up

I only have to change console every 4-5 years and yes I guess I lose out a bit but the games are still fun and not that bad looking anyway on the Xbox and the sound is Dolby 5.1 so no problems there plus HDD etc

Xbox allows me to spend more money on games not PC upgrades :(