Dog eat dog.

Make your choice carefully, padawan!  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Make your choice carefully, padawan!

• Anakin Skywalker aka Darth Vader
    • Emperor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious
    • Revan / Darth Revan
    • Exar Kun
    • Yoda
    • Luke Skywalker
    • Obi Wan Kenobi
    • Mace Windu
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    • Dath Maul

well Jacen had a better view on the force than all of them, but Jacen also said he would never be able to reach the exalted state again, but then again, the future isnt written in star wars

And when it is its poorly written

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

vergere might have been the strongest with the unifying force because she was more experienced with it, but Jacen could have surpassed even luke. I mean even Ganner- who the series just hushed up and never talked about again became extremely powerful when he gave himself wholly to the force. So Jacen, if he followed a darker i wanna exterminate the Yuuzhan Vong path could have won the all for one fight. I mean look what Jacen did in the dhuryams worldship in Traitor, he caused that much chaos with only his vongsense. this post makes no sense

Who are you talking to?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

We do like Zahn's books because they are based on character development and not the use of uber -super mega Force powers.

I do not like comics and cartoons about Sw because they tend to make the characters too powerful. I.e in the Clone Wars Windu won a battle with droids all by himslef, while on genosis he had his ass kicked by a much smaller amount of droids plus some other Jedi to help him. So no I think I'll pass on Exar Kun's super powers.

And yes my opinion remains with Luke.

Clearly the boy manage to deafeat Vader and destory Palpatine by maging to bring back Anakin, something not even Yoda or Obi Wan could do. Add to this that he had limited trainning and the fact that he restored the Jedi Order all by himself then I think he would kick everyone's ass, but only if he totaly had to.

I'll buy the Luke argument. I'm strictly talking about up until the rise of the Empire vs. exar kun.

Well, thank you guys. If anything, this thread has convinced me not to ever read a SW book again. I am grateful for the unending hours of agony you have saved me. :-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

We do like Zahn's books because they are based on character development and not the use of uber -super mega Force powers.

I do not like comics and cartoons about Sw because they tend to make the characters too powerful. I.e in the Clone Wars Windu won a battle with droids all by himslef, while on genosis he had his ass kicked by a much smaller amount of droids plus some other Jedi to help him. So no I think I'll pass on Exar Kun's super powers.

Hahaha super-duper-secret spywoman (Mara) with shadowy past is biggest cliche in popular culture. Good-hearted mafioso caring for his men (Karrde) is second one and uber-lame war genius who can foreseen everything is just idiotic. Maybe Zahn was good 14 years ago but now he's nothing compared to Matthew Stover.

Zahn didn't write anything original since 1993. All his productions swirls around Thrawn, Mara and Luke and its clear that he cannot invent anything original, he can only exploit these three characters. In the era of such masterpieces as Traitor or Shatterpoint his Survivor Quest is a relic of Zahn's lack of imagination and writing skills.

Refering to comics its clear that you've never read John Ostrander's Republic series as well as Crimson Empire and other great titles. That's becouse characters in these comics aren't overpowered and storyline is greater than blurb about some blue admiral who foreseen everything and everyone.

hmmm...the two people i want least to be winning (Kun and Revan) are tied for first...what kind of world do we live in where EU characters are beating canon

Well for starters canon has different meanings for different people. For many incl myself, KOTOR and Tales of the Jedi are greater or as great as movies.

I do not worship movies only becouse Lucas made them. They are just movies and show only one era in star wars history. There is nothing special in them excluding fact that they are movies. You can continue to bow before Lucas and spit

on "crappy" EU authors, howewer.

I suggest you first read what EU had best to offer and then start discussing. For now debate with someone who knows only lame clone wars cartoon is pointless

Far as I know they stopped making new books about 8 years ago, but then again, I kind of forgot about this Massassi Exar Kun crap until that wretched old man in Kotor started talking about it.

?????? They are making star wars books all the time

Well, thank you guys. If anything, this thread has convinced me not to ever read a SW book again. I am grateful for the unending hours of agony you have saved me.

Yeah really reading Shatterpoint or Republic series is a real torment

- but only if someone is as dumb as you to understand content of any book.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Hahaha super-duper-secret spywoman (Mara) with shadowy past is biggest cliche in popular culture. Good-hearted mafioso caring for his men  (Karrde) is second one and uber-lame war genius who can foreseen everything is just idiotic. Maybe Zahn was good 14 years ago but now he's nothing compared to Matthew Stover.

Zahn didn't write anything original since 1993. All his productions swirls around Thrawn, Mara and Luke and its clear that he cannot invent anything original, he can only exploit these three characters. In the era of such masterpieces as Traitor or Shatterpoint his Survivor Quest is a relic of Zahn's lack of imagination and writing skills.

While cliche, I don't know if the spywoman thing would be anywhere near the biggest cliche in pop culture.

I'd say most talented man in the world at ____ would be the biggest cliche, i.e. both major parts in the Rock, the Bond franchise, the Natural, any Bruce Lee movie (though I love 'em to death), any non-Bruce Lee non-Jackie chan Kung-fu movie, any Hong Kong Cinema swordplay movie, any movie with Schwartzenegger, Stallone or (shudder) Vin Diesel.

Kindhearted Mafioso-point taken. Actually this is kind of a reusal of han solo, but older and wealthier.

The only thing I can recall with a general who predicts things on instinct, though is Patton, and that's based on, well, Patton the man.

I agree that EU shouldn't be blatantly trashed by those who don't know anything about it, which is why I'm keeping my objections to Exar Kun, which is something I do know about.

And that is why I respect your opinion in contradiction to 213374U who apperently

has never read newest EU novels or comics - becouse only total idiot could say that Matthew Stover is a crappy author or that Republic series is dull.

213374U acts like a child with his hysteric comments. Was he abused by EU in childhood or something?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Well, thank you guys. If anything, this thread has convinced me not to ever read a SW book again. I am grateful for the unending hours of agony you have saved me.

Yeah really reading Shatterpoint or Republic series is a real torment

- but only if someone is as dumb as you to understand content of any book.

Well, buddy. If you read carefully I said BOOK, not comic. The Republic series is pretty good, if only because they have to stay consistent with the prequels. You really shouldn't call somebody dumb just because they don't intend to waste their time with crap literature like that. Sorry I hurt your feelings, but that's what it is, like it or not.

Oh and one other thing. You are picking on the wrong guy for a flame war. :-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"crap literature like that" - what exactly is a crap (titles, authors etc) ?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

And that is why I respect your opinion in contradiction to 213374U who apperently

has never read newest EU novels or comics - becouse only total idiot could say that Matthew Stover is a crappy author or that Republic series is dull.

213374U acts like a child with his hysteric comments. Was he abused by EU in childhood or sometihng?

congratulations on post 1000

Thanks! :-

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

here is a good idea i reckon

mace, yoda, and obi-wan versus sidious and anakin

yeah it is uneven but these guys are strong enough i just think that mace and obi are the two best with the sabre for the light side and anakin would be a match with the sabre and yoda and palpatine can be the force users

"crap literature like that" - what exactly is a crap (titles, authors etc) ?

By crap I mean literature whose quality is next to zero. If these books weren't set in the SW universe, no one would ever read them. A book which is not good enough by itself, is a thrash book, by definition.

And no, I wasn't abused by EU in my childhood. I was lucky enough not to run into the Exar Kun fiasco until I was already an adult, so I suffered no permanent damage from exposure to it. I was just saddened to see a saga I liked such as SW be perverted in such a distasteful way. Since from what I read from these posts the books follow the same trend, the further I stay from them, the better. :-)

Authors, titles... ehh

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Authors, titles... ehh

Examples, you mean? I can give you none. I proud myself in not having read any of them. I suffered enough with the New Republic trilogy, thank you very much, and it's regarded pretty highly among SW books from what I see.

Again, what literary awards have the SW books received? Hmm? :)

I hope that picture at the bottom of your posts is meant to mock the antismoking movement.

:)

Then you're an ignorant who criticizes something he doesn't know (no offence).

I admit that 50% of all these books is a crap, but under any circumstances I'll say that Shatterpoint is a masterpiece. You should trust me, spend these 5$ and read it. I guarantee that you'll become Stover's fan.

Rest of these novels that are bearable, aren't some refined literature like Stover, its just a popular pulp-fiction that is written well enough to read after work.

BTW New Republic Trilogy? What's that?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Then you're an ignorant who criticizes something he doesn't know (no offence).

I admit that 50% of all these books is a crap, but under any circumstances I'll say that Shatterpoint is masterpiece. You should trust me, spend these 5$ and read it. I guarantee that you'll become Stover's fan.

Rest of these novels which are bearable, aren't some refined literature like Stover, its just a popular pulp-fiction that is written well enough to read after work.

BTW New Republic Trilogy? What's that?

The overall quality of these books is raised artificially because they are set in a well known and loved universe. If they were just sci-fi/fantasy books set in unknown universes made up by the authors, I don't think they would be 'bearable'.

The New Republic trilogy is Zahn's Thrawn trilogy.

This is what I think as well. Although many of these authors expanded star wars and added interesting ideas.

Thrawn Trilogy is a total crap, in case you didn't notice I was criticizng it all the time. It is horribly overrated, just like Xwing series. I dunno know what people see in that scribble Zahn.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: