February Release

i dont see why halo is so great...i havent played halo 2 yet but just wondering: is it as good as everyone says it is? probably not since the first game got so much credit for being a crappy game

For me, it's the ultimate FPS in terms of pure combat (while i consider games like Deus Ex and System Shock 2 the best ever), the A.I. is purely unpredictable and dynamic when it comes to flank you, use the enviroment as cover and so on. No fight is like the other due to this and it's simply very fun to play(especially co-op on Legendary difficulty). No other game that i've played has such intense combat (not even HL2) and Halo 2 sets the bar higher IMO. Add an ok-ish story, good soundtrack and a good cinematic feel to it and you got yourself a winner.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

ok....i suppose ppl have different tastes..i probably didnt like it because i HATE 1'st person shooters and i HATE military games that have nothing but shooting, shooting and yet more shooting

Indeed, no need to try it out if you don't like the genre.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

LucasArts sucks it hard for releasing the PC version way after some stupid console version.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

LucasArts sucks it hard for releasing the PC version way after some stupid console version.

would not blame Lucasarts for this i think its the same with any xbox/pc crossover and it is down to Microsoft ©.

I believe the idea is people buy xbox and or xb copy to get it asap and so boosts X box vs consoles and then maybe pc copy 3 monts (or more i think for Halo) down the line.

(this is a personal opinion )

Xbox and PS2 suck equally and they suck a lot.

PC rules etc...

Inferior machines, a gamer seeks not these things.

They are anomalies in the Force a mere disturbance that must be crushed soon, before it can corrupt more PC users to the console side...

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

For me, it's the ultimate FPS in terms of pure combat

Not as good as Perfect Dark. :rolleyes:

Never tried it, on what platform is it available?

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I say we should found secretive anti-xbox liberation movement :ph34r:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Consoles suck. Simple as that.

*ahem* CONSOLES DO NOT SUCK!!!!!!!

PC rules etc...

They are anomalies in the Force a mere disturbance that must be crushed soon, before it can corrupt more PC users to the console side...

*ahem* PS2 SUCKS 99.99% MORE THAN XBOX AND XBOX RULES ALL!!!!

and if xbox sucks then why is kotor 2 coming out for xbox?

PC rules etc...

so the game cube is good I rate that the worse.

For me, it's the ultimate FPS in terms of pure combat

Not as good as Perfect Dark. :rolleyes:

Never tried it, on what platform is it available?

Perfect Dark and the Ocarina of Time were unquestionably the best titles on the N64....some may even say on any console full stop. :ph34r:

manthing2.jpg