The agony of picking a class

Do you know which class you'll play initially?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know which class you'll play initially?

• Definetely Guardian; I want to see some lightsaber action
    • I'm leaning towards playing a Guardian
    • Definetely Sentinel; skills, plus maybe it won't suck this time
    • I'm leaning towards playing a Sentinel
    • Definetely Consular; victory through dominating Force powers
    • I'm leaning towards playing a Consular
    • I have no idea which class I want to play initially

I'll be all of them of course, cuz I'll play thru multiple times...buuuut....guardian first.....force powers seemed weak in kotor even when I placed my stats wisely, and I'd run out of force fast lol...and Malak was impossible to beat with force....it didnt do anything to him...

Plague works wonders (even a LS guardian will feel it a useful power). Force breach is best to get rid of his batteries and his Force Immunity. He becomes weak as a kitten if you let Plague work on him for a bit. Just remember to outfit an immunity to mind effects or be a sentinel when going against him to prevent stun.

On the one hand, I really want to see those lightsaber styles and the development of my skills as I advance in levels. Thus, I'm tempted to play Guardian.

On the other hand, I really would like to have lots of skills and high mental attributes so I can see all the nifty little stuff sprinkled throughout the game by Obsidian for those with high stats/skills. I want to have a high Awareness AND Persuasion AND Repair, dangit!

And on yet another hand, I really would like to see all the nifty Force powers added to the game, and having a Force-based character also makes it easier for me to justify dumping tons of points into Wisdom and Charisma while letting physical stats atrophy. Plus, the Consular has sentimental value for me given that it's what I virtually always play in KOTOR 1, and frankly, I would enjoy being an official Jedi Master by the end of the game.

Sooo...ehhh....am I alone? Anyone else indecisiveness about what to pick?

i'm not sure either. i'll probably end up playing as a guardian, but i'm a bit tempted by this sentinal class. i'll probably have to read the manual before starting the game...

nevertheless; i'm thinking guardian/jedi master might be a good combination...

I will obviously being playing all of the classes when I get the game... in 2 weeks (w00t) .

But seriously, I will be going Consular/Jedi Master first time through, the faster regeneration of force points should come in hand. If I set up my Consular like I did in K1 my PC should be a pretty good saber handler and a beast with the force.