Awareness in K2

I want to slap you many many times. Anyways this crpg is based on a storyline, a jedi's adventures in the galaxy. This isn't open for discussion, but you must be pretty dumb to not understand this.

I guess Mira is a Jedi then. Oh that Zabrak is a Jedi also. Atton Rand is also a Jedi then. I guess EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE GAME MUST BE A FREAKING JEDI! Grow a clue.

Are you retarded? Seriously are you? Because if you don't understand that the game is based on a storyline that makes the PC jedi, well then go slam your head into a wall until you understand this. THE PC MUST BE A JEDI, its the rules/basis of THIS game.

The last time I check the rules system used in this product is Star Wars d20 and I do own the rules handbook and low and behold there are other classes than Jedis. Oh, there are other races than human. Gee, the rules of the game is quite open. Maybe you need to read the book.

If you want to play a non jedi, go play another Star Wars game. Go play PnP, but as far as now, there aren't any Star Wars games where you can roleplay other than SW Galaxies and Battlefront. I know that your not into FPS, fine, but understand the fact that this game isn't open RPG, its storyline doesn't allow it. GET IT! GET IT through your skull, your so motherfing DENSE! Ahhhhhhhh!

I think someone here needs a time out. Just because there aren't any games doesn't mean there shouldn't be any games like this. A CRPG is a CRPG, and a good CRPG is a good CRPG, and a bad CRPG is a bad CRPG. Plain and simple. A CRPG that allows real choice and the ability for the player to make his own character instead of playing the developers' is the first step of making and designing a good CRPG.

It looks like you want a crappy CRPG.

I want to slap you many many times. Anyways this crpg is based on a storyline, a jedi's adventures in the galaxy. This isn't open for discussion, but you must be pretty dumb to not understand this.

I guess Mira is a Jedi then. Oh that Zabrak is a Jedi also. Atton Rand is also a Jedi then. I guess EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE GAME MUST BE A FREAKING JEDI! Grow a clue.

Are you retarded? Seriously are you? Because if you don't understand that the game is based on a storyline that makes the PC jedi, well then go slam your head into a wall until you understand this. THE PC MUST BE A JEDI, its the rules/basis of THIS game.

The last time I check the rules system used in this product is Star Wars d20 and I do own the rules handbook and low and behold there are other classes than Jedis. Oh, there are other races than human. Gee, the rules of the game is quite open. Maybe you need to read the book.

If you want to play a non jedi, go play another Star Wars game. Go play PnP, but as far as now, there aren't any Star Wars games where you can roleplay other than SW Galaxies and Battlefront. I know that your not into FPS, fine, but understand the fact that this game isn't open RPG, its storyline doesn't allow it. GET IT! GET IT through your skull, your so motherfing DENSE! Ahhhhhhhh!

I think someone here needs a time out. Just because there aren't any games doesn't mean there shouldn't be any games like this. A CRPG is a CRPG, and a good CRPG is a good CRPG, and a bad CRPG is a bad CRPG. Plain and simple. A CRPG that allows real choice and the ability for the player to make his own character instead of playing the developers' is the first step of making and designing a good CRPG.

It looks like you want a crappy CRPG.

...You're a ****ing idiot......he was saying the PC has to be a jedi...not every character of ur party is a jedi.........

and chill out with ur stupid ass rule books and nerd talk about how ur d20 says this and that......this is a star wars game were u role play a JEDI....the STORYLINE is created around it....not created around you becoming w/e the **** you want to be....its about ur destiny as a JEDI!!!!!!!!!

and KOTOR is a Very Good RPG.....it's because it's focus is the Jedi and how being a Jedi is and etc., the life of the Jedi and temptations of the Darkside....sorry it wont let u go fishing for rulebooks in the river of dumbasses.....or sorry you can't be a super powerful Mercenary.....or bounty hunter.........Why don't they make those classes in Knights of the Old Republic anyways....I always wondered why the JEDI KNIGHTS in Knights of the Old Republic were emphasized.......hmmm....

CASE CLOSED-YOU'RE Done-THANKS FOR PLAYING :-

I think someone here needs a time out.  Just because there aren't any games doesn't mean there shouldn't be any games like this.  A CRPG is a CRPG, and a good CRPG is  a good CRPG, and a bad CRPG is a bad CRPG.  Plain and simple.  A CRPG that allows real choice and the ability for the player to make his own character instead of playing the developers' is the first step of making and designing a good CRPG.

How many games actually allow that completely though? Not just in terms of picking a beginning class, but actually playing a character that isn't predetermined?

BG2, that whole Child of Bhaal thing. Yes, you could play a different class, but the CHARACTER was always going to be the same. FO2, you're the chosen one. Yes, again you could change which classes you played as, but essentially you were the same person regardless and had the same tasks that needed done. That's exactly what KOTOR has done. The story has made you a Jedi, so it makes very little sense to play as anything but a Jedi.

I've said it dozens of times. I agree with you (Hades) that it would be a great game if you could play through as a non-Jedi. BUT (and we're talking a Jennifer Lopez sized but), within the context of THIS story, it wouldn't make sense.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yet unlike FO2 and BG2 you are very much forced to play only a small set of character traits and class abiltities. In FO2 you are the Chosen One but do you want to know how many different types of characters you can play. With the variations of starting traits and tag skills there are dozens of different character types you can play. In BG 2 you have a myriad of races and character classes to choose from let alone different weapon choices to focus on.

In KotOR you have one race and 3 classes. BORING!

It is okay my character is predetermined to be the savior or cause the damnation of the galaxy, but let me make my own character. At least give the illusion of choice. In Star Wars all Jedi classes play the same. It just doesn't matter what Jedi class you pick because there is no difference in gameplay.

In BG 2 there is quite the difference in gameplay from a wizard to a fighter. There is quite a difference in gameplay between a Stealth boy/Outdoorsman than a DIplomatic Scientist in Fallout 2. In KotOR there is no difference in the force using classes and that is this games fatal flaw which should be fixed in its sequel and the only way it can be fixed is through the opening of other classes and abilities for the PC.

There is a difference between having character's background predetermined for a game and having your character's game mechanic development predetermined for you.

...You're a ****ing idiot......he was saying the PC has to be a jedi...not every character of ur party is a jedi.........

Well, why not. We all know that the only worthwhile character, as they are depicted in these games, to have in the party are Jedis. They are a bunch of overpowered munchkin characters that used overpowered uber weapons and kill everything in their path with ease. There is no point in having non-jedis in the party whatsoever.

and chill out with ur stupid ass rule books and nerd talk about how ur d20 says this and that......this is a star wars game were u role play a JEDI....the STORYLINE is created around it....not created around you becoming w/e the **** you want to be....its about ur destiny as a JEDI!!!!!!!!!

This game is based on the d20 rules system and thusly it will be judged as so. Case closed.

and KOTOR is a Very Good RPG

Its a better than average CRPG and has some good points but I will not be blind to its faults, unlike you.

.....it's because it's focus is the Jedi and how being a Jedi is and etc., the life of the Jedi and temptations of the Darkside...

And like that hasn't been done before over and over and over and over and over and over and over in other computer games, novels, comics, and movies. *YAWN*

.sorry it wont let u go fishing for rulebooks in the river of dumbasses.....or sorry you can't be a super powerful Mercenary

Maybe you haven't noticed but the main reason why I don't want to play a jedi is because I don't want an uber character. GEE, WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT!

.....or bounty hunter

I rather play a non-descript techie, but that's just me.

.........Why don't they make those classes in Knights of the Old Republic anyways....I always wondered why the JEDI KNIGHTS in Knights of the Old Republic were emphasized.......hmmm....

Yep, there is no need for Carth, Mission, Atton Rand! BRING ON THE BLOODY JEDI! EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE A FREAKING JEDI!

Case isn't closed, but thanks for playing. :p

A CRPG that allows real choice and the ability for the player to make his own character instead of playing the developers' is the first step of making and designing a good CRPG.

Instead of trying to change kotor you should channel your efforts into seeing if anyone wants to make a completely open crpg.

So are you saying the Consular does not represent the Cleric well.  As well as the Guardian not representing the Warrior class well?

I have played KotOR and it makes no difference. I have played from Scoundrel/Guardian, to Scout/Counseler and once you hit the Jedi classes its all pretty much the same.

A CRPG that allows real choice and the ability for the player to make his own character instead of playing the developers' is the first step of making and designing a good CRPG.

Instead of trying to change kotor you should channel your efforts into seeing if anyone wants to make a completely open crpg.

Because we all know that the casual gamer rules all now and that style of game will no longer be made.

Well, why not. We all know that the only worthwhile character, as they are depicted in these games, to have in the party are Jedis. They are a bunch of overpowered munchkin characters that used overpowered uber weapons and kill everything in their path with ease. There is no point in having non-jedis in the party whatsoever.

This game is based on the d20 rules system and thusly it will be judged as so. Case closed.

and KOTOR is a Very Good RPG

Its a better than average CRPG and has some good points but I will not be blind to its faults, unlike you.

.....it's because it's focus is the Jedi and how being a Jedi is and etc., the life of the Jedi and temptations of the Darkside...

And like that hasn't been done before over and over and over and over and over and over and over in other computer games, novels, comics, and movies. *YAWN*

.sorry it wont let u go fishing for rulebooks in the river of dumbasses.....or sorry you can't be a super powerful Mercenary

Maybe you haven't noticed but the main reason why I don't want to play a jedi is because I don't want an uber character. GEE, WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT!

.....or bounty hunter

I rather play a non-descript techie, but that's just me.

.........Why don't they make those classes in Knights of the Old Republic anyways....I always wondered why the JEDI KNIGHTS in Knights of the Old Republic were emphasized.......hmmm....

Yep, there is no need for Carth, Mission, Atton Rand! BRING ON THE BLOODY JEDI! EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE A FREAKING JEDI!

Case isn't closed, but thanks for playing. :p

If you don't want to play a Super Powerful character in a video game.....go Play...oh wait....I can't think of any games when you'r character isnt super powerful....srry buddy.....and the point I've been trying to make that u don't seem to get...is this game is based on the Jedi's in Star Wars...not making an equal Starwars RPG for the ppl who like starwars for all the geeky **** and not Jedis and Sith.....no offense to anyone else who likes that, but the Jedi are the main reason Star Wars is Star Wars....

If you Don't like that George Lucas Made the Jedi/force users Super Powerful...deal with it...and get the HELL off these forums cuz u just piss ppl off for no reason and start fights that you can't win....

...Also about the darkside and lightside and temptations being done over and over.....sorry I find it fun to play this videogame and be tepmted with that...It's new to me cuz I dont read all the novels (any actually) or live my life around star wars.....I think this is a cool, well-represented game....and it's not overdone to me...cuz I have a life....

If you don't want to play a Super Powerful character in a video game.....go Play...oh wait....I can't think of any games when you'r character isnt super powerful....srry

so you are rather new to CRPG gaming then. Its no shame iin that I can name several games that you start off as a weak little bugger and become a moderate power in long enriching gameplay. Fallout and Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate Series, though avoid Throne of Bhaal. It was a pretty weak expansions and poorly done. There are the Icewind Dale games, and if you aren't smart you can die rather easily in any Might and Magic game. :-

buddy.....and the point I've been trying to make that u don't seem to get...is this game is based on the Jedi's in Star Wars...not making an equal Starwars RPG for the ppl who like starwars for all the geeky **** and not Jedis and Sith.....no offense to anyone else who likes that, but the Jedi are the main reason Star Wars is Star Wars....

I disagree on that. Jedi are just a small part of the Star Wars universe. There are plenty of Star Wars characters and stories that are not Force related and very much a focal point of what makes Star Wars well Star Wars. Don't limit yourself to what is given.

If you Don't like that George Lucas Made the Jedi/force users Super Powerful...deal with it...and get the HELL off these forums cuz u just piss ppl off for no reason and start fights that you can't win...

I go where I wish and when I wish, and I enjoy hopeless battles the most. If you don't like it don't read my posts. :p.

...Also about the darkside and lightside and temptations being done over and over.....sorry I find it fun to play this videogame and be tepmted with that...It's new to me cuz I dont read all the novels (any actually) or live my life around star wars.....I think this is a cool, well-represented game....and it's not overdone to me...cuz I have a life....

I read only 3 novels (the Timothy Zahn trilogy), a few of the comicxs while window shopping, and of course the 5 movies that have been released. Just by that limited exposure it has been way overdone.

Have you ever thought that maybe your fight for non-jedi equality might be better fought on the lucas arts website? The power to make the game you want lies with them after all.

Do you really think LA would listen?

Lord Satasn, we have heard your point about Kotor being specifically about Jedis a billion times now. Could you please get another one so this thread stays fresh?

Thank you come again, :-

Maybe, maybe not, but since they are the ones who told Obsidian that the PC had to be a Jedi they are the only ones who can change that. Obsidian does what LA wants or Obsidian doesn't make star wars games. Hounding Obsidian won't help hounding LA might.

Have you ever thought that maybe your fight for non-jedi equality might be better fought on the lucas arts website? The power to make the game you want lies with them after all.

Lord Satasn, we have heard your point about Kotor being specifically about Jedis a billion times now. Could you please get another one so this thread stays fresh?

Thank you come again, :-

Wtf are u talking about.....I'm just trying to get hades to shut up with his **** about non jedi classes......to keep the thread fresh and off of this stupid flame war....

This thread is about awareness and new stuff for the Jedi's in the conversations...incase u forgot what thread u were on.....so lets get back on the REAL topic...

Maybe, maybe not, but since they are the ones who told Obsidian that the PC had to be a Jedi they are the only ones who can change that. Obsidian does what LA wants or Obsidian doesn't make star wars games. Hounding Obsidian won't help hounding LA might.

True, but Obsidian could develop a concept for a game and present it to LA. If Obsidian's proposal was good enough, then the game would have a possibility of being made. Unfortunately, you are 100% correct about LA having the final word in what Star Wars games are made.

It is okay my character is predetermined to be the savior or cause the damnation of the galaxy, but let me make my own character.  At least give the illusion of choice.  In Star Wars all Jedi classes play the same.  It just doesn't matter what Jedi class you pick because there is no difference in gameplay.

I agree with that somewhat. However, what you just proved is that how each Jedi class was implemented wasn't done well enough to provide a different experience in playing through depending on which Jedi you chose. The fact that each Jedi class played the same isn't proof that the game needs to allow non-Jedi characters also. What it proves is the implementation of the Jedi classes wasn't diverse enough. If they added a non-Jedi class to the current set up, it would play through no differently since the flaw is in the implementation of the Jedi classes.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

True, but Obsidian could develop a concept for a game and present it to LA. If Obsidian's proposal was good enough, then the game would have a possibility of being made.

I thought one of the DEVs said they made a proposal for a game of some kind but LA said no. If that's true then what kind of game did they want to make?