Much Ado About Lightsaber Forms

Who is this mysterious god among men that goes by the name kone?

if there's a kone there must also be a ktwo

Kone backwards in Enok and Enok is a drink recipe. Maybe Kone is subliminally trying to get us to drink. :devil:

Well I'm in! Bottoms up boys! :blink:

That sounded a little gay didn't it (w00t) :p

Just a little. face_gay.gifgay1.gif:lol:

Also in the IGN interview Kevin Saunders said, "In KOTOR II, you can learn up to six of the seven Jedi Lightsaber Forms." Six out of seven, which one is the odd man (woman, trying to be pc) out? My money is on Form VI, since it really is just an amalgamation of I, III, IV, and V and Obsidian may think it's redundant.

I'd say form I since all Jedi learn that one automatically.

All 7 Lightsaber Forms are in K2, as well as 4 Force Forms. You can learn up to a total of 7 of these 11 -- which ones you get depend upon your class. Consular-types will get the 4 Force Forms, while Sentinels/Guardians will only get the first one.

Kevin

force form? que? someone care to fill me in on this...?

:ermm:

Same here, this is the first time that i heard about it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I actually Hope u learn the stances in ur re-training....kinda how in kotor the black jedi taught u the guardian sentinal and consular and u had to pick choices to see what suited u, then u picked what u wanted....if the stances came into the game someway like that...that'd be cool....maybe Kreai teaches u them, since shes elderly shes got to know alot, or maybe atris, or even the Sith Lords teach u things (if u go dark)

I'm really interested in these stances, cause that adds a whole new level to the gameplay element of the game, it'll be so cool! And what are the force stances, so far I've heard that they streghthen your force powers (no ****) but that is it!

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

All 7 Lightsaber Forms are in K2, as well as 4 Force Forms.  You can learn up to a total of 7 of these 11 -- which ones you get depend upon your class.  Consular-types will get the 4 Force Forms, while Sentinels/Guardians will only get the first one.

Kevin

force form? que? someone care to fill me in on this...?

:p

Same here, this is the first time that i heard about it.

Kevin Saunders: In KOTOR II, you can learn up to six of the seven Jedi Lightsaber Forms. These are fighting techniques whose effectiveness depends upon the tactical situation. Each form shines in certain conditions, but also has weaknesses. Learning the characteristics of the Lightsaber Forms, and switching between them as the combat situation changes, can allow a Jedi to prevail in what would otherwise be a fatal encounter.

For example, the Ataru form, employed by Qui-Gon in Episode 1, is a highly focused form that is excellent against a single opponent, but less effective against blaster fire. The Juyo form, an extremely difficult combat style mastered by Mace Windu, overwhelms an opponent with seemingly erratic movements, but can leave the Jedi more vulnerable to attacks.

These Lightsaber Forms are the domain of the Sentinels and Guardians. Consulars learn the most basic ones, but then study Force Forms, which affect how they utilize their Force Powers. Force Potency, for example, increases the damage inflicted by many Force Powers, but taxes the Jedi's energy. Force Affinity, on the other hand, allows the Jedi to focus so completely that they can even recover their Force Points during combat. As with the Lightsaber Forms, mastering when to use each Force Form will have a profound effect on a Jedi's effectiveness in combat.

The above quote is taken from the IGN lightsabers interveiw done on Nov 4.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

thats basically how it works. i think guardians can have like any saber stance. sentinals can have a few and since guardian and sentinal get stuck with only the first force form that the consulars only learn one saber stance

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

What about duel-wielding lightsabers or double-bladed sabers? Can the forms be used with these or are they just singled out, with only a basic skill tree available in them?

Also, are they making the duel-wield and double-sided sabers different feats this time? They are totally different styles of fighting so I thnk they should be.

thats basically how it works.  i think guardians can have like any saber stance.  sentinals can have a few and since guardian and sentinal get stuck with only the first force form that the consulars only learn one saber stance

Actually, it was stated you can learn a total of 7 of 11, including force forms. Thus, Guardians and Sentinels get 1 force form and 6 Saber Stances (probably somewhat different lists for each class), while Consulars get all 4 Force Forms and 3 Saber Stances.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had