NPC Droids.

Should Droids be part of the party like HK-47 was in kotor?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should Droids be part of the party like HK-47 was in kotor?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Yes, But only one.
    • Yes, But more than one.
    • No. They Are Useless.
    • Dont Really Care.

I say yes, it was almost perfectly done last time, with a utility droid and an assault droid. But they should be interesting. However, while T3 was a little boring in Kotor, Chris Avellone said t3 gets sidequests and is actively engaged in the story, so if all NPC's are interesting, I'd like a droid or two :)

the poll is asking whether it is a good idea or not really someone with a yoda avatar should be able to be at lwast wise enough to figure that out

Then why is it in the suggestions forum when it's already CONFIRMED that we'll have droid companions? "Suggestions" means someone giving their idea about what they'd like to see implimented that hasn't already been added.

This would be like me making a thread "suggesting" that we be allowed to be Jedi, and that maybe if we're lucky, it would be a good "suggestion" to add prestige classes like Jedi Master.

In other words, I know what the poll was asking. I was wondering WHY the person was asking something that was already confirmed, and if he wanted discussion on it, then this should have been in GENERAL DISCUSSION.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i just wanted to see what people think about NPC droids.

Which is why it falls under the category of "discussion" rather than "suggestions".

I'm not saying there's no place for this thread. I'm saying that the suggestions forums isn't it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If npc droids coming again, in exspansion or something or Kotor3, id like the option of equiping a sword/melee weapon on battle droid if anything like Hk47 he has human like hands so i dident see much reason for him not to have access to sword/melee since i recall him being able to buy the feats.

And yes i agree HK 47 Was Made by revan to be tghe ultimade assasination droid....and he would be useless against a jedi with only blasters to use, so it will only be logical that revan installed programming that would allow hiw to wield a lightsaber, in kotor 1 he was so f*cked up by his previous users that he might 'forgot' it but it could be possible he know relearned it.......and makes him the coolest droid ever exist o:) :D :devil:

wouldn't be cool if hk-47 was  a total sith type robot with force powers

Wearing a lightsaber doesnt make him a jedi, jedi master, he was as far as i understood saying to allow lightsaber use for him, not same as force powers, beside the lightsaber restriction to Jedi only is a game developer, mistake.

Since general grievious can use lightsaber and he isnt a jedi, so i see no valid reason why HK47 as assassin droid shouldnt be able to aswell.

And i honestly dont care if PnP book say they can if any should be right in this i believe its george lucas afterall he the maker.

No. He is droid. Droids are not force sensitive. Period.

However i agree he shouldn't have force powers, it is possible remeber jedi knight jedi outcast???? there are also robots with build in force/lightsaber crystals making it possible for them to wield the force...... ;)

No. He is droid. Droids are not force sensitive. Period.

However i agree he shouldn't have force powers, it is possible remeber jedi knight jedi outcast???? there are also robots with build in force/lightsaber crystals making it possible for them to wield the force...... ;)

I think it should be possible wielding lightsaber as non jedi, since general grievious in starwars can, but i dont however believe droid should be force wielders, even if crystal allow them to use force energy it doesnt give them talent to use it, think they should have seen it as such in JK2.

Force is in everyone that doesnt mean everyone know how to use it i dont think you can just program a droid to use the force, when it takes several years just for a human to learn it.

well that robots where pretty tough cause they COULD use the force, and again i say no robot in kotor should be able to use the force. it would just not fit in the game however a light saber wielding hk 47 would be awsome :thumbsup:

and a robot is usually programed by the makers so the robot doesn't need to 'learn' how to wield the force he could alreaddy be capeble to because of his programming.

well that robots where pretty tough cause they COULD use the force, and again i say no robot in kotor should be able to use the force. it would just not fit in the game however a light saber wielding hk 47 would be awsome :thumbsup:

and a robot is usually programed by the makers so the robot doesn't need to 'learn' how to wield the force he could alreaddy be capeble to because of his programming.

Well my point is if it so hard for people to learn the force how can they possible affectively program a robot to use it, and further the force is a lifeforce like element it changes it would be to complex to instruct a robot to use.

However i dont see any problem as to why robots shouldnt be able to wield lightsaber when non jedi could in the movies.

Well my point is if it so hard for people to learn the force how can they possible affectively program a robot to use it, and further the force is a lifeforce like element it changes it would be to complex to instruct a robot to use.

However i dont see any problem as to why robots shouldnt be able to wield lightsaber when non jedi could in the movies.

well it's obvious not to compex to program them because it was possible in jk2

but then however jk2 is aprox 15000years (if im correct) after kotor so it woulnd be strange if its in kotor too difficult for them :thumbsup: :D

but then however jk2 is aprox 15000years (if im correct) after kotor so it woulnd be strange if its in kotor too difficult for them :thumbsup: :D

Well, i dont agree with Jk2 either.

Example: you cant program visions, you can program feelings of others presence, And as for things like life drain how can you life drain if you dont have a connection to the life cycle, force lightning seem stupid for a droid to have since it is one of its weaknesses, few are stupid enough to use things they themselves are exposed to as a weapon, just examples on how i dont see force powers as a good option for droids.

The Force illustrate your connection to what in mortal world would be cosmos, how can you program a robot to use or understand cosmos if many people hardly can themselves?

but then however jk2 is aprox 15000years (if im correct) after kotor so it woulnd be strange if its in kotor too difficult for them :ermm: :D

Well, i dont agree with Jk2 either.

Example: you cant program visions, you can program feelings of others presence, And as for things like life drain how can you life drain if you dont have a connection to the life cycle, force lightning seem stupid for a droid to have since it is one of its weaknesses, few are stupid enough to use things they themselves are exposed to as a weapon, just examples on how i dont see force powers as a good option for droids.

The Force illustrate your connection to what in mortal world would be cosmos, how can you program a robot to use or understand cosmos if many people hardly can themselves?

The force is evryware robots only don't know how to use it nor does manny living things, the force is especially strong whitin such a crystal thus allowing, with the proper machinary/tools, the user to extract (oh very sith like) the energy out of this object. The robots have an A.I and can be as smart as use if no restrections are programmed, maybe even smarter, its 'arrogant'(no offense) to think only those with a body of flesh are cappable of wielding this power.

and why is it strange too give the robot the power of force lightning, it self runs on energy and so do we. We have weapons of mass destruction what are one of our greatest weaknesses still we have them, why should a robot not be cappable of using his weakness as a power?

I agree that he shouldn't get the abbilety of life drain. but about visions one man gave the awnser a long thime ago:

Socrates: "I think so i exisist"

they think we think only oure state of live is difrent....

but then however jk2 is aprox 15000years (if im correct) after kotor so it woulnd be strange if its in kotor too difficult for them :ermm: :D

I believe you are wrong. JK series takes place a few years after the OT which was aout 4000 years after the events in KOTOR 1 & 2.

As for Force sensitive droids, I believe that it doesn't make sense. Since the Force connects all the living (and maybe dead) so it would seems rather stupid to be able to create Force able droids. What job would be left then for the Jedi the Sith and the other Force sensitives??

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I wouldn't even dignify the idea of a force using robot with an arguement

I do think that all robots with arms and legs should be able to wield lightsabers, with perhaps an upgrade type dealio

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.