NWN Movie?

Raziel_MGS

Make an NWN movie USING the NWN toolset.

I've been waiting for some mod maker to make an 87 minute cutscene -- that is an NWN movie.

I suppose a 30 minute cutscene or shorter would be okay as a test.

I would love to see something like that. Point me to it if its been done.

Somebody is actually doing this... I read about it not more tha a week ago on the NWVault. Sorry, I'm too lazy right now to look it up and post a link, but the first "sequence" of it is already uploaded.

Edit: Ok, I spent about 10 minutes trying to find it and can't. But it's there somewhere, I swear.

grrr, me conan, me hit things, avenge mother!

vs

an actually relitively interesting plot about city politics and betrayal with the twisting of nature by delusion.

yeah, NWN's plot was soooo sophistimucated...

'seminal' doesn't mean it makes a good film like 'badly presented' doesn't mean it cant be improved in a more sutible medium.

LOL. the only way you could improve NWN would be to junk it and start over.

seriously, crap smeared on toilet paper has more potential as a movie than NWN's feeble excuse for a story.

dumber than a bag of hammers

Actually I was speaking bollocks, I never even bothered get out of Neverwinter :D

But, what I am saying is, like Conan (which was great, but didn't live up to the originals), and Dune (same), and Epesode 1 (there is actually some good sourse material in there) and most of the james bond movies, it is the presintation which is key. That you can get a way with a lot as long as you have good presintation. Just because NWN OC had a 'meh' story which was covered by poor presintation making it 'zzzZZZzzz' doesn't mean it couldn't make a good movie with some proper direction.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I know all the Drizzt haters out there would hate the idea but...

I think it would be fair cool if they made a fogotten realms movie that had Drizzt in it. Seeing some live action scenes of a dual scimitar wielding dark elf would be good.

it would dountlessly do worse than lotr because lotr is based on some of the best selling books ever and has prolly one of the largest fanbases, whereas this would be seen as lotr wannabe and the makers would prolly make it that way, trying to do what peter jackson did and fall shotr as all imitators do, or it will be viewed as a movie based on a game which means just eye candy and not enough plot to carry the film

Somebody is actually doing this... I read about it not more tha a week ago on the NWVault. Sorry, I'm too lazy right now to look it up and post a link, but the first "sequence" of it is already uploaded.

Edit: Ok, I spent about 10 minutes trying to find it and can't. But it's there somewhere, I swear.

I wonder if you mean mine (and Adam's)?

Neverending Nights?

Everything on NWVault can be found here (by us)...

http://cgi.nwvault.ign.com/filesearch/file...CS=2&job=search

• 3 weeks later...

...this thread has a deep message, boys 'n' girls:

Say No To Drugs

...a BG movie I could see happenin' (who would play Minsc, though???)...a PS:T movie (e'en if'n 'twas jus' an animated movie...Heavy Metal move o'er!!!) I would buy as soon as it hit the shelves, but that ain't ne'er gonna go down...a NeverWorkin'Right movie, based offa the game, would make BIODOME look like Gone with the Wind in comparison...hell, the DnD movie would look like Gone with the Wind in comparison... :lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way