Lightsabre colours

Is that too many?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Is that too many?

• Yes, I believe that there should only be the 4 from the film (blue, green, red + purple).
    • Yes, the 7 available in KotOR1 are enough (as above, plus yellow, orange + aqua).
    • Don't know.
    • No.
    • No I want all the colours of the rainbow!
    • I'm a grumpy fcuk, who always moans about polls.

On the question of saber colors, since there's confusion there...

The original had 5 basic ones + 2 special ones (The orange and turquoise).

Right now in KotOR2 there's at least 10 basic ones and an X number of special ones.

-Akari

10+ seems too many :( , it is just silly, IMO.

I just wanted to know what every1 else thought.

PS if i have not given the colours the name that you think they should be, I dont want to know. U know which ones i mean, don't split hairs! ;)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I think thing will just become confused if you have too many colours.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

but the sith always use red so it wont be confusing. so the other colors are most likely jedi. i mean how many sith do u see walkin down the street with a blue lightsaber?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I like choice but this is too much for me.

Also, what are the new colours that we know about so far?

I heard some mention silver/grey.

silver/grey is a color if u watch the trailer ull see it in there briefly. and i also heard someone mention black i think. B)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

It may seem good to have more choice- but are they adding new colors just for the sake of having new colors?

If you can have any color then how will you be able to identify Jedi or sith- assuming they can use the new colors as well.

I think thats what force sight might be used for.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

silver/grey is a color if u watch the trailer ull see it in there briefly. and i also heard someone mention black i think. B)

I think that 1 was only speculation but i could be wrong. ;)

ok

Who voted for the last option? :D

The devs never answered if it was true or not, but someone else said in one of the questions to the devs that it was impossible and I can sorta understand why they would think so, but that withstanding it would still be cool to see it even once.

I voted for as many as there are in the rainbow... or whatever that option is. I think it would give people the feeling that they are making their own Jedi becuse with all the armor, masks, and blade colours (possibly hilts too) then you could have a rare looking jedi. I know there will still be many copies of jedi we each choose but it will be very limited because of the ammount of choices the player has in creating their own jedi.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

I really think the color thing is getting out of hand. I remember watching Star Wars when I was little and knowing red was bad and blue and green were good (I also noticed, although I don't know if it was supposed to be this way, padawans (Luke) had blue and knights and masters (Obi-Wan and Luke after he was trained) had green).

But then the Ep I and II came out and mixed it all up. Samuel L. Jackson convinced GL to give him purple and Darth Maul gave us the double blade (which I think is really overused - isn't supposed to be really hard? How can a padawan like Bastila handle it?).

I just stay with blue, green, and red when I play KOTOR (and only one blade). But I know there is a bunch of you out there who want your double bladed aqua or orange.

Some call me over-the-top, but that's what I think (and before you tell me, I know there were other colors and more double blades in the EU, I was just talking about the real Star Wars - Ep. IV - VI).

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

i like having many colors cuz in kotor i wanted all my jedi to have a different looking lightsaber cuz like stargate said then they are unique

The devs never answered if it was true or not, but someone else said in one of the questions to the devs that it was impossible and I can sorta understand why they would think so, but that withstanding it would still be cool to see it even once.

I voted for as many as there are in the rainbow... or whatever that option is. I think it would give people the feeling that they are making their own Jedi becuse with all the armor, masks, and blade colours (possibly hilts too) then you could have a rare looking jedi. I know there will still be many copies of jedi we each choose but it will be very limited because of the ammount of choices the player has in creating their own jedi.

By what ur saying ur jedi will look like a cross between a Telly tubby and a Power Ranger! ;);):blink:

By what ur saying ur jedi will look like a cross between a Telly tubby and a Power Ranger! ;);):blink:

no he wants them to be unique B)

I really think the color thing is getting out of hand. I remember watching Star Wars when I was little and knowing red was bad and blue and green were good (I also noticed, although I don't know if it was supposed to be this way, padawans (Luke) had blue and knights and masters (Obi-Wan and Luke after he was trained) had green).

Obi-Wan never had a green lightsaber.

Obi-Wan never had a green lightsaber.

that is true

B)

no he wants them to be unique B)

That maybe, but thats the image i get when i read his post! ;)

Post number 666! Sign of the Devil! :angry:

How in the hell did you get that from my post???

all I said is that, this is the reasoning behind wanting more colours, that it would give the player a chance to create their own version of what a Jedi would be weither it be with a blue lightsaber, mandalorian armor, and a sith mask or a silver lightsaber with Jedi master robes and a stabalizer mask, who knows and frankly who cares, /my choice for that matter what the jedi I create looks like. If you don't want anymore than three or four colours then don't use anymore than those colours because thats your choice, and I wouldn't fault you for it either. <_<

AscendedPaladin.png

By what ur saying ur jedi will look like a cross between a Telly tubby and a Power Ranger! :blink:;) ;)

How in the hell did you get that from my post???

all I said is that, this is the reasoning behind wanting more colours, that it would give the player a chance to create their own version of what a Jedi would be weither it be with a blue lightsaber, mandalorian armor, and a sith mask or a silver lightsaber with Jedi master robes and a stabalizer mask, who knows and frankly who cares, /my choice for that matter what the jedi I create looks like. If you don't want anymore than three or four colours then don't use anymore than those colours because thats your choice, and I wouldn't fault you for it either. <_<

Chill, i was making a joke! ;)

What i meant is that with all these choices and colours that u could end up with a cross between a Telly Tubby and a Power Ranger! As i said this was the image that formed in my mind. ;)

No offense intended.