I wager that we'll be able to become a Sith....

Remember that they're now three factions; they're not united like they were in the first game. So why would it be impossible to join one of these factions? And if you do, you'd get to fight the other two factions plus others (I reckon that in this case there will be at least 4 major factions in the game: the three Sith Lords and their followers and the republic.. dunno if the Jedi counts since they are probably almost destroyed :unsure: ).

I don't think the Sith Lords are separate factions. Not sure about that though.

Now that there's no 'big mission for the Jedi council' (presumably, hopefully) and therefore no de facto obligation to side with the Republic for the first part of the game, there's no plot obstacle standing between us and becoming jan-u-wine Sith very early in the game rather than at the last minute.

Hopefully, the game will thus be playable as either a Jedi trying to topple the Sith before they can fully conquer the Galaxy, or as a Sith hunted by his rivals and attempting to seize the throne for himself, ala the last segment of KOTOR only with that understood from much earlier on.

Am I the only one who gets this feeling? Or is this perhaps wishful thinking on my part? :p

I definately want to able to choose 'side' early in the game. That would add a huge replayability to the game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

yeah i think you should be able to join the sith early as possible.

but. maybe at the beginning of the game they wont think your worthy. until you kill the first sith lord. and then they might think your more eligible to join the sith.

how many sith lords are there?

Now that there's no 'big mission for the Jedi council' (presumably, hopefully) and therefore no de facto obligation to side with the Republic for the first part of the game, there's no plot obstacle standing between us and becoming jan-u-wine Sith very early in the game rather than at the last minute.

Hopefully, the game will thus be playable as either a Jedi trying to topple the Sith before they can fully conquer the Galaxy, or as a Sith hunted by his rivals and attempting to seize the throne for himself, ala the last segment of KOTOR only with that understood from much earlier on.

Am I the only one who gets this feeling? Or is this perhaps wishful thinking on my part? :)

The big mission for the Jedi may be re-establishing the Jedi Order.

Am I the only one who gets this feeling? Or is this perhaps wishful thinking on my part? :)

If it is its wishful thinking on both our parts :unsure: