Weekend Programmer

(I don't know if this has been asked before, I'm new here.)

Will there be more lines of spoken speech for aliens? And will there be more character models> Almost everybody in the original game looked the same.

There are more models. There's also more head varities (both in terms of models and retextured models).

As far as spoken lines go, I don't know. I think you'll find the game all around more dialogue heavy than KotOR1 but that's just the impression I get.

-Akari

What improvements did you do to the turret minigame? Any?

Will we have more variety in the ships we fight? Sith, Republic, Pirates?

Hm.... there have been improvements made. For example, enemy ships won't be your only targets... and one of the stages with it has non-enemy targets you can blow up...

I think one of the improvements is that it's tied more to situations where it makes sense than random space encounters.

-Akari

Will dismemberment be in a cutscene or something?

*tries to speak through a duct-taped mouth*

Mrmrmrphrrmrmmrphrm.

-Akari

Damn!

*Puts on Matris clothes, accesorizing with a myriad of automatic weapons*

Will there still be KotOR heads for the people who aren't party members or the PC? Like Mr. Jefferson and stuff?

More customiziblity?

Eventually you switch to one of the six prestige classes.

But I've heard that you can play through the game without ever reaching a prestige class...???

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

You mentioned a little about the Jedi Master, but is there anything more you can tell us about the prestige classes?

Also, OrganizedChaos had a good question I thought, so Ill repeat it here. Can your NPCs (particularly the force sensitive ones) join prestige classes or is it just the pc?

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Thanks, again.  Now, my next question:

In the suggestions forum, Zyhic asked about widescreen T.V. support.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=2305

I'm planning on buying a 55" HDTV prior to football season, and so was interested myself in whether or not we'll be able to change aspect ratios from 4:3 to 16:9?  I'm honestly not sure if this would be a developer's issue or a hardware issue.

Man, I totally don't know the answer to that. Sorry.

-Akari

You mentioned a little about the Jedi Master, but is there anything more you can tell us about the prestige classes?

He already mentioned that it took too much time to dig it all up, Astromech....

Will you work on the ship more? Kind of like fixing the hyperdrive and stuff?

Any more info on Swoop upgrades? Or races?

Thanks for the info Akari! :o

No problem. :)

What are the things that have your name attached to them? I know you mentioned it earlier but...

Wow... I bet the list of things I didn't touch at some point or other would be shorter.

But some of the things would be cut scene scripting (Though that isn't my main focus anymore).

Any and all code that affects the interface (The start button panels, and any other panel that comes up, as well as the main interface). This encompasses MOST of my work over the last few months. Because changes on the surface (like say listing save games by timestamp and character) often require lower level changes (like changing out save games are written out, adding timestamps to them, etc). But I try to fit in other, non-interface stuff as much as possible just for a change of pace.

I've added various actions to the game (like the weapon swapping action).

I added the pet support.

I sometimes do other little scripting requests for the designers for non-cutscene related events in levels.

I made the Pazaak overhaul. I didn't touch the swoop race or turret mini-games so far, myself.

That's some of the stuff I've been working on. :)

Will there be stealing, or pirating? Or smuggling?

No idea. As a game-function, not really. But there could be story-line elements that involved that sort've thing? I don't know.

-Akari

How about the musical score for KotOR II? What's your impression of it? Is it a fully classical score or more to the ambient direction?

Oh, excellent thread btw...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Will there still be KotOR heads for the people who aren't party members or the PC? Like Mr. Jefferson and stuff?

Yeah. More KotOR2 heads too. It'll do like it did in KotOR1, where heads you didn't use for your PC could end up used by random NPCs.

More customiziblity?

Not during character generation.

-Akari

I've got another question:

When it come's to the storyline, it's my understanding that Obsidian's doing the writing & I'm supposing Lucasarts is responsible for approving the story? I'm wondering if that's correct. Does GL have any input as far as the story is concerned, or is there anyone outside of Obsidian & Lucasarts that has a say as to what happens in the story?

Also, how long did the writing process go before it was "right" and who did the research to look for inconsistencies with the rest of the SW universe?

Not off hand.

Also, OrganizedChaos had a good question I thought, so Ill repeat it here. Can your NPCs (particularly the force sensitive ones) join prestige classes or is it just the pc?

Hm... I can't go into details on this... but let me just say that the designers did have one of the programmers add support for changing Party NPC classes via script... :o

-Akari