RPGVault's new interview

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/556/556465p1.html

Jonric: Speaking of the party members, how did you choose which ones return? And with the new ones, what kinds of things can we look for that will make them special in their own ways?

Chris Parker: We had to be careful with which characters returned from the first game, since you could have gone darkside and killed many of them. So, with continuity in mind, we picked the characters to which we and the gaming public seemed most attached.

I think players will enjoy all of them, but my two favorites are Mira and Bao-Dur. I like Mira because she's sassy, and I like Bao-Dur because I just think he's cool - I'd tell you more, but that's one of those sensitive areas that is difficult to discuss without giving too much away.

Chris Avellone: T3-M4 has already been mentioned, but there will be others, both as party members and cameos. With the new characters, we're trying to have a lot of their past, history and personality come through the influence mechanics in the game - the more you travel, interact, talk and do battle with them, the more you have a chance to develop them.

In addition, we tried to give each companion their own special ability or abilities that will set them apart from the other characters. Atton (Han Solo type-scoundrel), for example, has a survival instinct that keeps him from permanently getting knocked out as long as he's not the last man standing. This makes his saving throws better the more damage he takes, and also causes him to pipe in with "I've got a bad feeling about this," whenever you should save the game. It was our effort to try and give the game a more cinematic experience.

We had to be careful with which characters returned from the first game, since you could have gone darkside and killed many of them. So, with continuity in mind, we picked the characters to which we and the gaming public seemed most attached.

I think players will enjoy all of them, but my two favorites are Mira and Bao-Dur. I like Mira because she's sassy, and I like Bao-Dur because I just think he's cool - I'd tell you more, but that's one of those sensitive areas that is difficult to discuss without giving too much away.

T3-M4 has already been mentioned, but there will be others, both as party members and cameos. With the new characters, we're trying to have a lot of their past, history and personality come through the influence mechanics in the game - the more you travel, interact, talk and do battle with them, the more you have a chance to develop them.

In addition, we tried to give each companion their own special ability or abilities that will set them apart from the other characters. Atton (Han Solo type-scoundrel), for example, has a survival instinct that keeps him from permanently getting knocked out as long as he's not the last man standing. This makes his saving throws better the more damage he takes, and also causes him to pipe in with "I've got a bad feeling about this," whenever you should save the game. It was our effort to try and give the game a more cinematic experience.

Bao-Dur eh? So we have a new name. Would that be the Zabrak?

I am very curious about the Zabrak's arm, I just wonder what it has to do with his special ability :huh:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I am very curious about the Zabrak's arm, I just wonder what it has to do with his special ability :huh:

Maybe it has something to do with his robot.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I wonder if someone severed his arm, or was it self inflicted, if it was cut off, ity problay has a major part in his motivations

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

He has a dark secret and he won't tell it to you intill you get to his home "planet"!@#$@#%@#%@#%#$

EDIT:Just like big Z

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I am very curious about the Zabrak's arm, I just wonder what it has to do with his special ability :blink:

I'm guessing that he's got a high repair-skill.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What if he is a she and that she isn't Bao-Dur? Huh?