Korriban fly-by 2

Since darth nuke has degerated the old thread into a pointless discussion. I am starting a new thread for those who wish to discuss possible events that they think might occur on Korriban this time around!

This is this link for the article on Korriban. You can also access the flyby from here.

Thanks to Craigboy for spotting it first and posting it here for us all to see.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Ok, i'll start with an idea of mine.

I think that it is on Korriban that you will discover a scroll(s) or holocron(s) that will teach you the new force powers. It could also be here that you attain your DS prestige class (Dantooine for LS).

Several people have also said that they think you go to Korriban to find out what happened to Revan, which is also a strong possibility.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I second that motion...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Korriban could be the place for a showdown with one of the 3 Sith Lords, it would certainly fit.

I figure also it might be a place to test the player's character (will and personality) by trying to lure him/her to the DS. Perhaps if you succumb you begin Sith training there, if you pass then you duel one of the 3?

Maybe that's where you actually find Revan, depending if Korriban has a static or open place within the story or if you have to visit it more than once.

I would imagine that you meet a sort of hermit sith in hiding like Jolie but on the darkside not someone powerful like one of the sith lords.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Korriban could be the place for a showdown with one of the 3 Sith Lords, it would certainly fit.

I figure also it might be a place to test the player's character (will and personality) by trying to lure him/her to the DS. Perhaps if you succumb you begin Sith training there, if you pass then you duel one of the 3?

Maybe that's where you actually find Revan, depending if Korriban has a static or open place within the story or if you have to visit it more than once.

Yes it would be a great location for an epic battle. You could fight your way through a tomb. Parts of the floor could colapse sparating you and you have to find him/her again. Then the Sith Lord could try and bring down the roof on you (like Dooku does) and when you've saved yourself you have to look again etc, etc. Until you reach the heart of the tomb where the final battle occurs!

I wonder then what time of things await if you're LS

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I wonder then what time of things await if you're LS

It will probable be a test for you to see if you can maintain the path of the light.

Just re-read the article on Korriban and it does say this

ghosts of the dead that still walk and whisper the ancient teachings of the Sith

So this could well be how the new force powers are discovered or atleast who gives you the holocrons.

The rumored "pockets" as you said are to be found all over the galaxie...

I think will we be meeting a few more Ghosts. :p

There's also that picture that shows the player being enveloped by some kind of energy and below it says that the player feels the DS surging within or something like that.

I think it would be awesome to have a duel inside one of the temples as you describe Darth Sun-Tzu, some kind of throne room or tomb would make for an visually interesting battle.

Hopefully it won't be Darth Brannon

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think it would be awesome to have a duel inside one of the temples as you describe Darth Sun-Tzu, some kind of throne room or tomb would make for an visually interesting battle.

Yes also if you have a throne room battle, there could be some traps and you have to avoid them or such. That would make for one interesting battle.

Did anyone else wonder?

The Academy seams to be alot bigger than It was only four years prior. They did some MAJOR remodeling.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Did anyone else wonder?

The Academy seams to be alot bigger than It was only four years prior.  They did some MAJOR remodeling.

I noticed that as well. Either that, or Obsidian just expanded on areas that Bioware started but never included.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

From the video I also noticed that inside the Academy the floor seemed collapsed and that there are several catwalks now in place. Seemed to me there were some previously unseen chambers below the Academy, perhaps another tomb or temple we haven't previously seen in the first game.

I agree completely Darth Ni, I'm very interested in seeing how Korriban will be used in this new game.

Yeah, the catawalks........ and a lower chamber where someone just stands there waiting for the camera to get ther... which never quite makes it.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?