Free Ipod.

This is a nationally known site chain for offering free stuff(and spamming your email you give them, make a new one for this if you do this :rolleyes: ).. All you have to do is sign up, complete one of the brother companies sign ups(ebay is the easiest, you dont even have to buy anything just create a new acc then bid on anything that will be outbid, I bid on Sudeki for xbox 5 dollar bid and was outbid immediatly). Then reffer 5 people to finish the same.. And you get a free ipod.

Shameless self promotion:

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7357996

Oh.. This is USA only sorry anyone else.. :rolleyes:

Ambrosia3.gif

Sounds too good to be true...

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Sounds too good to be true...

This company gives 'free' stuff all the time. I know people who have gotten free DVDs from this company.

How it works is they sell your email to anyone and everyone. They also get kick downs from their brother companies(like ebay columbia house etc). And most people don't end up completing the 5 refferals.

And apple I'm sure gives them a major deal since they are I'm sure buying thousands of ipods.

Nothing is free. But this is true :blink:

Ambrosia3.gif

I'll give you a nice deal on the BROOKLYN BRIDGE if you got the cash. :lol:

Cosmo, fo' real dawg, spammy **** like this wouldn't go on if people didn't keep making junk email accounts to get free stuff. If it's that easy to get a free Ipod, why doesn't everyone just enlist a handy dandy proxy server, make six junk emails just like the one you made, fill them all with fake info, and VOILA!!! Free Ipod. Pffft! :)

If everyone would send me $25.00, I can assure you that you will receive an Xbox for not one penny more.

The "$25.00 Xbox scheme"

This is how it works:

You send me $25.00, and your name goes onto the bottom of the list. The list has no more than 25 people on it. As new people sign on and send in their $25.00, the person at the top of the list gets their Xbox, and you move one step closer to the top. 25 transactions, that is, 25 new people sign on and send in their $25.00, you get your Xbox.

People fall for this one all of the time. Most of the scammers who do this one will give out 2 or 3 Xboxes to establish their credibility, but after that, they keep all of the money. Some never send out an Xbox, and when asked will get you to refer people you know to "get the list moving".

If the scammer actually does send out the Xboxes when he says he will, he is still pulling down $480.00 (based on the current street for a plain Xbox) for each 25 suckers he gets to buy in. Do this 10 times in a month and you'll end up with a nice pay check every month.

I'll give you a nice deal on the BROOKLYN BRIDGE if you got the cash.  :lol: 

Cosmo, fo' real dawg, spammy **** like this wouldn't go on if people didn't keep making junk email accounts to get free stuff.  If it's that easy to get a free Ipod, why doesn't everyone just enlist a handy dandy proxy server, make six junk emails just like the one you made, fill them all with fake info, and VOILA!!!  Free Ipod.  Pffft!  :rolleyes:

Problem with that eru is, unless you steal 5 CC #'s. You can't do it.

You have to register at places that verify your identity. Or at least whoever's identity you stole. At least take the time to read what your critisizing eru. I wouldn't expect you to actually look into what your dogging tho.. Its not your nature.

and g-pa this is a nationally known business that does tons of free stuff. They r also in the BBB.

And they aren't scammers in the way you portray.

Ambrosia3.gif

Product, the day you actually get a free ANYTHING from them, I'll eat Hades_one's soiled underwear.

Haha, and btw, I suggest you bookmark this thread. Two years or so down the road when you grow up a bit and look back on this thread, you're gonna go "Oh man, I am SUCH an idiot"

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

Problem with that eru is, unless you steal 5 CC #'s. You can't do it.

You have to register at places that verify your identity. Or at least whoever's identity you stole. At least take the time to read what your critisizing eru. I wouldn't expect you to actually look into what your dogging tho.. Its not your nature.

and g-pa this is a nationally known business that does tons of free stuff. They r also in the BBB.

And they aren't scammers in the way you portray.

You're defending an organisation that requires you to have a credit card to verify your identity? Why do the SCAM!! alerts not go off in your head?

As for being in the BBB, that means nothing. As long as there are not any convicted complaints against you, you can be listed with the BBB.

Cosmo, I find it strange. You seem rather "counter-culture" yet wholly buy into this sort of corporate scheming.

newlogo.gif

lol.. Because I know of this company.

"Product, the day you actually get a free ANYTHING from them, I'll eat Hades_one's soiled underwear."

lol be careful what you say. and BTW, none of this is technically free since you have to do some work.

"You're defending an organisation that requires you to have a credit card to verify your identity? Why do the SCAM!! alerts not go off in your head?"

It's their brother companies that verify your ID. And those are reputable businesses that if they mis-use your info, that have many millions to sue their asses for. And it's not like ebay is going to shut down tomorrow.....

"Cosmo, I find it strange. You seem rather "counter-culture" yet wholly buy into this sort of corporate scheming."

Corporate Scheming... lmfao. Ya sure, they sell the email you give them, and get $ for reffering people to ebay columbia house acenstry.com etcetc. And most people don't finish it. Thats how they make a profit by still giving those who finish it an ipod.

This may be corporate scheming in your eyes.. But in mine its called capitalism. The corporate scheming I'm agianst is called murder or theft.

Ambrosia3.gif

Well gee, let's do some math here.

n is amount of iterations. For example, if you signed up first before anyone else, you'd be in the n=1 catagory. If someone told you about it, you're in the n = 2 catagory. If someone told someone else who told you about it, you're in the n = 3 catagory.

The formula for this is

t(n)=5^n + t(n-1) if n > 1 where t is a function of n.

Now let's suppose only ONE guy signed up first (nobody told him about it, no referrals, he signed up the SECOND the site was opened). The real amount of this is probably somewhere in the hundreds, but for simplicities sake, we'll say 1.

t(0) = 1. <--- zeroth generation signups.

t(1) = 5. <--- He tells 5 people to sign up.

t(2) = 30. <--- those 5 people tell 5 more people to sign up.

t(3)=155

t(4)=780

t(5)=3,905

t(6)=19,530

t(7)=97,655

t(:blink:=488,280

t(9)=2,441,405

t(10)=12,207,030

t(11)=61,035,155

t(12)=305,175,780

t(13)=1,525,878,905

t(14)=7,629,394,530

Compare the ENTIRE POPULATION of the world with these numbers.

Do you SERIOUSLY THINK they're going to give out all these ipods?

If apple manufactures an ipod every second, it'll take them the entire length of human history to make that many ipods.

If you were to layout all those ipods end to end, if each ipod were 5 inches long, you would reach Jupiter.

These numbers are STILL underestimating the REAL values, since I'm only assuming ONE guy signs up initially, when in truth, it's probably 20 or 30 guys.

Let's see what happens when it's 20 guys in the 0th generation.

t(0) = 20

t(1) = 120

t(2) = 720

t(3) = 4320

With the speed information spreads on the internet today, do you REALLY think you'll fit in the first or second generation signups? Realistically, you'd be in generation 7 or 8, with 99.92% of other people that signed up. The company isn't going to give the world 6000000 odd free ipods.

So I guess only the people in the top of the chain will get ipods. The first generation signups will, definitely. Second generation? Hmm, maybe... Third generation? Okay, top half will get ipods. The rest? YOU GET NOTHING.

Hmm.... BY GODS I THINK WE'VE GOT IT FIGURED OUT!

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A...

PYRAMID SCHEME!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme

OH MY GOD MITH, you're telling me people have been doing THIS THING FOR CENTURIES?!

YES!!! IT'S THE OLDEST MARKETING SCAM IN THE BOOK!

BUT MITH!!! What' s the harm? I give them a bogus email and FAKE INFORMATION!

WRONG!!! YOU GIVE them your CREDIT CARD NUMBER which people can use to call up and GET your PERSONAL INFORMATION!

BUT MITH!! THIS COMPANY IS LISTED in the BBB, and there's a service agreement/privacy contract involved!

Sure, right now they're bound by law not to sell your info to third parties without your agreement. BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE companies you sign up for? SOME of them DON'T have the same agreement. SOME OF THEM aren't EVEN LEGITAMITE.

BUT MITH!!! I'LL SIGN UP FOR ONLY THOSE companies that I KNOW are legit, LIKE EBAY!!!

Okay, question, HOT SHOT, what happens when the ipod-scheme company goes bankrupt, or out of business? Think the owner will just happily DELETE all your PERSONAL info and WALK AWAY to SOME SLUM in California, or is the owner MUCH MORE likely to SELL that personal info for MILLIONS of dollars and live a happy rich life in Hawaii?

Bottomline is: You get into this scam, you'll get burned, ONE WAY or ANOTHER.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

lol.

Do you really think everyone gets 5 confirmed refferals? I'm not even going to bother reading all that right now. I skim thru and see a bunch of sarcasm and caps.. lol. I know like 25 people doing this. Not 1 of them has 5 completed refferals yet.

"BUT MITH!!! What' s the harm? I give them a bogus email and FAKE INFORMATION!

WRONG!!! YOU GIVE them your CREDIT CARD NUMBER which people can use to call up and GET your PERSONAL INFORMATION!"

lol, you type up all that, its a shame you didnt even look into this. you wasted your time. And what little I did read of your post, is wrong.

You dont give Gratis(the companies name) your personal information. Just any email you have access to. You give ebay, columbia house, Ancestry.com, AOL, or one of a few other things your personal info. One of those, which are huge reputable companies. All Gratis gets is an email to sell, hits on their site, and a kick-down from the businesses it has people sign up for.

All your numbers are illogical and stupid. You might be able to add and multiply correctly(although those #'s to jupiter seem off from first glance, the distance to Jupiter when it is closest to Earth is about 4 AU, or 600,000,000 kilometers) but you have no logic breakdown when doing so. Kinda like a computor without AI would do it with just the numbers.

It should take me about a week to get 5 completed refferals since I am getting them pretty fast compared to most people. After that about 7 weeks for the ipod to be at my doorstep if it gets here. If/When this happens I'll bump your post with a link showin an Ipod in my hand and a sign saying 'mith was completely wrong'. lol.

Theres possibility that these people won't send an ipod. Although I have entered a contract with them, and they are required by law to give me an ipod after I finish these pre-requisites. This company has been around a long time. Even if I dont get an ipod. They do not have my information. Ebay does. And ebay has a strict privacy policy.

Maybe I'll dissect your other stuff later when I'm not about to sleep.

Ambrosia3.gif

lol.

Do you really think everyone gets 5 confirmed refferals? I'm not even going to bother reading all that. I know like 25 people doing this. Not 1 of them has 5 completed refferals yet.

"BUT MITH!!! What' s the harm? I give them a bogus email and FAKE INFORMATION!

WRONG!!! YOU GIVE them your CREDIT CARD NUMBER which people can use to call up and GET your PERSONAL INFORMATION!"

lol, you type up all that, its a shame you didnt even look into this. you wasted your time. And what little I did read of your post, is wrong.

You dont give Gratis(the companies name) your personal information. Just any email you have access to. You give ebay, columbia house, Ancestry.com, AOL, or one of a few other things your personal info. One of those, which are huge reputable companies. All Gratis gets is an email to sell, hits on their site, and a kick-down from the businesses it has people sign up for.

All your numbers are illogical and stupid. You might be able to add and multiply correctly(although those #'s to jupiter seem off from first glance, the distance to Jupiter when it is closest to Earth is about 4 AU, or 600,000,000 kilometers) but you have no logic breakdown when doing so. Kinda like a computor without AI would do it with just the numbers.

It should take me about a week to get 5 completed refferals since I am getting them pretty fast compared to most people. After that about 7 weeks for the ipod to be at my doorstep if it gets here. If/When this happens I'll bump your post with a link showin an Ipod in my hand and a sign saying 'mith was completely wrong'. lol.

Theres possibility that these people won't send an ipod. Although I have entered a contract with them, and they are required by law to give me an ipod after I finish these pre-requisites. This company has been around a long time. Even if I dont get an ipod. They do not have my information. Ebay does. And ebay has a strict privacy policy.

Maybe I'll dissect your other stuff later when I'm not about to sleep.

If you ever post that picture I will take back everything I've said....but I really doubt it'll ever happen. <_<