Bastila Shan vs Anakin Skywalker

Who would win? Bastila or Anakin?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Bastila or Anakin?

• Bastila could beat that whiny little babywipe Anakin anyday
    • Anakin, losing to Bastila, unthinkable! How dare you think such thoughts!
    • A draw, there is no other answer.
    • Bastila, no Anakin, no Bastila, yes, no. Damn i can't decide.

OK mostly agreed but I throw a few comments anyway:

Clone Wars may influence reborn of lightsaber art, true.Howewer 4000 years ago level was higher becouse sith wars were constant element. Thus I believe ancient folks were somehow better in lightsabers. Just like medieval samurai is better than fencing champion from our times.

The problem of fall of jedi abilities and force proficiency may be linked to the balance of the force stuff...and don't forget that after Ruusan only 300 jedi survived sith thought bomb - mostly young knights, all experienced masters died and their knowledge with them. Palpatine is using traditional sith powers all the time so it seems that only jedi are weakened.

And still I think that Anakin was exceptional becouse he has just normal jedi abilities while his contemporaries were unnaturally weakedend by force imbalance.

Note that new jedi trained by Luke are more powerful than MAce or even Yoda.The force is in balance again...

Check out the link it should be OK now.

Yes lightsaber techniques where probably more tuned back in the good ole days but who is to say the old techniques where lost perhaps they where incorporated into the current fighting arts we all know and love........and who is to say the newer techniques aren't as good just that the newer technique focus on different things than the old. This is all specualative, I dont think we will ever know for sure how it all works.

Another thing that just popped in my mind is that perhaps certain abilities like danger sense and the like might actually be better with newer jedi because they have been fighting peeps with guns (including sniper rifles) for 1000 years, granted dueling requires similar skills but there isn't alot of situations where 50 slashes come att you, while in Clone War 50 bolts attacking you seems apparent.

Yet another thing is the difference i saber styles/forms from 2000 ago to Clone wars. If Ani and Bastila fought neither of them would know how the other would fight. Similar principles but almost completely different, anyway I would still have to go with Anakin because being the Chosen One and all he would probably have a more powerful command of the Force and more skill with a blade and even Bastilas experience could help her against a new foe she wouldn't understand.

But where you get that Lukes jedi where stronger than Mace and Yoda?? Perhaps the Solo kids or Kypp Durron but those are the only exceptions....escpecially if they fight like Luke does which isn't very impressive when compared to Ep1-3 combat.

And I am not so sure about the Ruusan thing cause I haven't read it yet.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

But where you get that Lukes jedi where stronger than Mace and Yoda?? Perhaps the Solo kids or Kypp Durron but those are the only exceptions....escpecially if they fight like Luke does which isn't very impressive when compared to Ep1-3 combat

I am under impression that New Jedi acted better during very brutal and bloody Yuuzhan War than old ones in Clone Wars (just look how many jedi died on Geonosis and in following battles) - besides Force is in balance after Endor so

Jedi surely didn't have such problems as 50 years ago.

Since I avoid spoilers I can't say anything about EIII but I feel that Chosen One

will be explained further - for now it is unclear enough to me, to use it as an argument.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Oh and as for the Ani getting beaten by Genosians and 80 year old Dooku:

Firstly Anakin didn't lose, he just wasn't paying attention when that mechanical arm came up to him...other than that he whooped ass.

And Dooku, is he really 80 years old.......that seems like to much, anyway I think Dooku being a Sith and his much greater experience in lightsaber combat is what helped him with that day.

*************EpIII Spoiler Alert*************

Not to mention only 2 years later during Ep3 he kills Dooku and Mace.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I dont think I understand the whole "balance" issue I thought that affected things like seeing into the future and powers like that.

I dont think it really affects combat abilities and such.

And well Yuuzhan Vong where pretty bad ass but alot of Jedi still died by their hands and I dont believe they ganged up on too many Jedi in the books (not sure cause I haven't read all of em) mostly it seemed like 1 on 1 battles, while Jedi in clone Wars are being outnumbered alot, or pitted against some nasty new droids or something.

I think if Yuuzhan came before the Empire, the Jedi's skills with lightsaber would have decimated the warrior Ranks. Just my opinion though

Edited for content

But where you get that Lukes jedi where stronger than Mace and Yoda?? Perhaps the Solo kids or Kypp Durron but those are the only exceptions....escpecially if they fight like Luke does which isn't very impressive when compared to Ep1-3 combat

I am under impression that New Jedi acted better during very brutal and bloody Yuuzhan War than old ones in Clone Wars (just look how many jedi died on Geonosis and in following battles) - besides Force is in balance after Endor so

Jedi surely didn't have such problems as 50 years ago.

Since I avoid spoilers I can't say anything about EIII but I feel that Chosen One

will be explained further - for now it is unclear enough to me, to use it as an argument.

Hmmm i see your point but it cant be expected that they were stronger than YODA or MACE, considering that Luek did not even have proper training by yoda and luke was not very skilled or wise for tyaht matter.

There fore yoda was unable to teach Luek everythign meaning Luke COuld not teach his students many thinkg that the Jedi of teh LCone wars knew. ALl this is kinda depressing when you realize teh Jedi will never reach the point they were once at and so much knowledge was lost.

STOP SAYING THAT!! I dont want mace to dieeee soem oen call Lukas up and tell him to change teh story line! Samual JAckisn cant die!!! He jsut pulls outr a gun and capps the mofo

Hey I warned you

Edited for content

Surely it does affect combat abilites.

A Jedi can use the Force to predict future movements (ie Jedi reflexes)

So if that ability is weaken then so is the ability to fight as effectively as you could otherwise.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Surely it does affect combat abilites.

A Jedi can use the Force to predict future movements (ie Jedi reflexes)

So if that ability is weaken then so is the ability to fight as effectively as you could otherwise.

Froce speed, force jump force push force pull, jeid reflexes all are affected by the flow of teh force.

i wouldve voted anakin but now im undecided with the prequel portrayal of him.

All the way, man.

Bastilla's gotta win. Let the future Darth Vader cry with that whiny voice and still win a one on one with Bastilla? :lol: I don't want to live in that world.

eh, who am I kidding. It's Star Wars. I'd live there but I wouldn't be happy about it! :angry:

Ep three is goann be different it will be teh best of teh prequiels, and the darkest, you will see soem hardcore Anakin fighitng and see him at his true potential

Damn right

Edited for content

Way off topic but I have to say this: I think that prequels in general are more interesting that old trilogy. Every next episode is better than previous, so it is obvious that ROTS will be best star wars movie ever.

I'm waiting to see Anakin's true potential, maybe I will change my opinion about him. I like him in general but in AOTC he was total jerk (in CW comics he's 100 times more interesting as a person). But this was Hayden's first role and Hamill in ANH was also pathetic.

Honestly I like Bastila and Anakin almost equally (Bastila a little bit more that's why I'm on her side) so I don't care much who'd win. If it would be Revan vs Anakin then I'd be concerned.

Anakin should have children with Bastila, not crappy padme. Luke would be ten times more powerful then...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Idiotic! It should be continued here.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Anakin and Bastila. Then the children will be doubly whiny, stuck up, and headstrong. Not a good idea.

Bastila and Revan it should be. (No hard feelings Nur). Or Bastila could just come with me. :lol:

Episode3 could well present Anakin in a whole new light, but it is possible it could make him look even worst. Problably not, but if Lucas screws it up, it might happen.

I am still supporting my stance on Bastila beating Anakin in a one on one duel.I wont repeat myself about my reasons for her winning.

I can't say that the new trilogy is better then the old because its not. I know most of the people who are saying the prequal is better never had a chance to see the originals in the theaters before they were reintroduced, and never really knew the joy of the first starwars mania.

That aside the new movies have less interesting characters and almost no mystique. Also though most of the people who really like them also like the "eu" and believe that because star wars is somewhat "pulp fantasy" that it should be excluded from being judged too harshly

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Way off topic but I have to say this: I think that prequels in general are more interesting that old trilogy. Every next episode is better than previous, so it is obvious that ROTS will be best star wars movie ever.

I don't agree. I think the prequels have lacked the "Star Wars feel" that the original trilogy had. That's not to say that I didn't like them, or that RotS doesn't have a shot at being the best ever, but so far I'd take the OT over the PT.

Anakin should have children with Bastila, not crappy padme. Luke would be ten times more powerful then...

I just don't see Anakin having children with a 4000 year old woman/corpse. :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

C'mon man its all pure fiction - if we are speaking about duel betwen these two we can assume that they can also have another type of contact.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

necrophilia isn't a prominate theme as of yet in star wars

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

C'mon man its all pure fiction - if we are speaking about duel betwen these two we can assume that they can also have another type of contact.

Anakin would end up slaughtering her in her sleep after having enough of her nagging and lectures. :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Anakin would end up slaughtering her in her sleep after having enough of her nagging and lectures.

Could end up being the other way round, when Bastila has enough of Anakin's endless wobblers about 'i will be the most powerful jedi ever!'.

Yet another reason that Bastila could kick Anakin's ass.

She wouldn't even end up with Ani in the first place. She would go with my Revan.

Bastila can easily beat Anakin. I mean, at least she dont hav wobblers about having another jedi being more powerful than her.

It seems like most people picking Bastila are jaded because they are in love with her character. I'm not going to say thats wierd, but I hope that most of you could atleast admitt that this is the case