Bastila Shan vs Anakin Skywalker

Who would win? Bastila or Anakin?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Bastila or Anakin?

• Bastila could beat that whiny little babywipe Anakin anyday
    • Anakin, losing to Bastila, unthinkable! How dare you think such thoughts!
    • A draw, there is no other answer.
    • Bastila, no Anakin, no Bastila, yes, no. Damn i can't decide.

Thanks! Personally I like Anakin but problem is that I like Bastila more... so I contradict myself - becouse in revan vs vader thread I was supporting Anakin - mainly becouse I don't like crappy bioware sithlord...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

This is sort of off-topic, but tangentially related I guess.

Does anyone more "in the know" about EU know where any information about the lightsaber styles can be found?

How many of these were in practice during the TOTJ-KOTOR era?

Thanks.

From what I know only forms I and II were in use in the ancient times. You can check this out on the Official Site (starwars.com) or in the Vitas' Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia or some fan sites about lightsabers and lightsaber styles.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Look at it this way Nur Ab, if you follow the Seven forms then how is it Obiwan and Quigon could deflect blaster bolts back at their attackers? Supposedly they where using Form IV but Bolt deflection is Form III, V, and VI only??? That dont make no sense at all......which = uncannon. And in Ep2 Obiwan deflected several bolts back at droids yet he is suppose to be Form III master which deflects bolts but not back at the attacker, that is purely form V.

Yet another incosistancy is the description of Form IV, supposed ly it is suppose to be fast and acrobatic but if Obi-Wan and Qui Gon where form IV users in Ep1 why is it they only jumped once in the entire movie???? That dont make no sense at all.

Lastly how can you say "screw Nick" when he is the guy who made the choreography that they based the 7 forms off of?????? How does that make sense?

7 forms are strictly EU, and they shouldn't even be that cause of all the inconsistancies I already wrote. Simply put, the guy who created the 7 forms was high and wrote it in 2 minutes....not even thinking that maybe they should talk to the guy who INVENTED lightsaber combat for Ep1-3.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I think that seven forms are a great thing and if Gillard couldn't show them in the movies it's his problem. But Shatterpoint wouldn't be the same without Vapaad.

And here we discuss EU problems mostly so I guess that we can discuss heretical forms as well.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I think that seven forms are a great thing and if Gillard couldn't show them in the movies it's his problem. But Shatterpoint wouldn't be the same without Vapaad.

And here we discuss EU problems mostly so I guess that we can discuss about forms as well.

Yep after all, we hav been discussing whos style would win them the day.

Anakins powerful attacks style, or Bastila's precison style.

Discussing which is superior does at least remain on topic in part.

But pls dont go 2 far off topic, and start talking bout it all the time in the movies and books.

Pls make references to Anakin and Bastila

I dont really care that much if they are in EU or not, but the problem isn't Gillard not showing them in his movies after all they where made up after Ep2 came out. The problem is the lack of sense that the 7 forms have. I mean they make very little sense at all. And Bastila does not use form 2, if you read about it you find out that it was made in response to the Sith not beforehand, either way if you actually look at the way people fight in KotOR be it in game or cg movie it doesn't look a thing like Dooku's style.....I am not saying that Form 2 isn't old and isn't created mainly for dueling, I am saying that Bastila isn't a form 2 (doesn't have a precision style) user and the 7 forms aren't a good source to look at (I believe I have proven that already). Furthermore a good explanation of where the fighting style Bastila used came from is Ep1 and 2 after all KotOR combat was based on Ep1, ask any Bioware developer that.

I just hate to see poeple base there opinions off bad/uncannon info in a magazine. Nick already stated that when Windu fights in Ep3 he wont be using Vapaad, and Nick is the guy to go to because Lucas came to him and made him the authority on it when he told him to create the Jedi Fighting Style (Ep1 DVD Extras tell you that). Lucas didn't create Ep1-3's lightsaber combat, Nick did. Making him the authority on all things lightsaber combat. So since the authority didn't make that crap up then it really is just crap that floated in someones head.

The best source for anything is: the game - where we see Bastila fight

and: the prequel movies - where we see Anakin fight

Based off those things (the most cannon sources that can be) Anakin wouldn't even fight Bastila because to fight her and beat her just for the sport of it would make him a worse fighter for doing so. He would woop her THAT badly.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

IThe problem is the lack of sense that the 7 forms have. I mean they make very little sense at all.

This is your personal opinion only. 7 forms are EU integral part therefore we can discuss them. And what Gillard said isn't important. EU says that forms exist and that second one is oldest and was in use during massive battles between jedi-sith.

During the sith wars. I believe EU not Gillard. Here we discuss EU problems so if you don't accept that part of EU don't discuss at all.

And Bastila does not use form 2, if you read about it you find out that it was made in response to the Sith not beforehand, either way if you actually look at the way people fight in KotOR be it in game or cg movie it doesn't look a thing like Dooku's style.....

Game must create perfect interactive environment for the players. Nobody cares for realistic presentation of lightsaber forms. Windu in console Clone Wars also uses something that for sure isn't vapaad. Yet official info presents him as vapaad master. Bastila uses form II and jesus man accept this fact! Second form

was used in the time of sith wars - in bastila's times. Bastila uses it, Malak uses it and Revan uses it. I'm sorry but is it so difficult to understand that we discuss about KOTOR and lightsaber forms that are EU? Gillard has nothing to do with this.

And stop trashing this thread with gillard, gillard, gillard...

I am not saying that Form 2 isn't old and isn't created mainly for dueling, I am saying that Bastila isn't a form 2 (doesn't have a precision style) user and the 7 forms aren't a good source to look at (I believe I have proven that already).  Furthermore a good explanation of where the fighting style Bastila used came from is Ep1 and 2 after all KotOR combat was based on Ep1, ask any Bioware developer that.

sigh...I just can't stand your lack of logic BASTILA USES FORM II BECOUSE IN HER TIMES THAT WAS THE ONLY DOMINANT FORM and I'm not going to repeat this endlessly. The fact that devs didn't have time to show it properly (like many other things) doesn't mean that.

I just hate to see poeple base there opinions off bad/uncannon info in a magazine.  Nick already stated that when Windu fights in Ep3 he wont be using Vapaad, and Nick is the guy to go to because Lucas came to him and made him the authority on it when he told him to create the Jedi Fighting Style (Ep1 DVD Extras tell you that). 

Nick, nick, nick...man stop that OK? To me Stover and his vapaad description is more important that your nick. I accept the truth about seven forms that EU states

and I don't care about your nick. Here we discuss EU (KOTOR, TSL, TOTJ, 7 FORMS

this is all EU) and if you don't accept forms just go spread your gospel elsewhere.

So since the authority didn't make that crap up then it really is just crap that floated in someones head.

Do I really have to remind you that offical statement said clearly that all books, games, comics, rpg scenarios thus ideas that they contain, are CANON and if Gillard said it isn't canon he LIES becouse he contradicts official EU document. Seven Forms are same Canon as KOTOR, Thrawn Trilogy and many other things.

The best source for anything is: the game - where we see Bastila fight

and:  the prequel movies - where we see Anakin fight

Not quite. Devs during KOTOR production didn't have time to fill it with all details

and so they made same lightsaber moves as in JA and JO. Lightsaber combat in KOTOR is very simple and reduced to few moves only. The fact that devs didn;t have time doesn't mean that 4000 years ago people weren't using second form becouse they were: it was the only known form aside of basic first one and Bastila was using it-what other form Bastila should use if second was dominant? And prequels are full of mistakes and bugs and weak dialogs, I love them but movie will never give you so complex picture as book, so prequel arguiment is as weak as game argument. Game and movie are supposed to be played and watched. Action must be fast and details must be reduced to absolute minimum. Books means more to me and present wider picture of star wars universe.

Based off those things (the most cannon sources that can be) Anakin wouldn't even fight Bastila because to fight her and beat her just for the sport of it would make him a worse fighter for doing so.  He would woop her THAT badly.

your argument ignores all knowledge we have on Bastila- Anakin: character, maturity, emotion control, differences in lightsaber form and time distance. Anakin would be a weakling 4000 years ago. He was a jerk in prequels who couldn't handle geonosians in factory, couldn't kill 80 year old man, lost his hand, lost with obi-wan and all canon rather portraits Anakin as a loser.

To me discussion with you ends. I don't really care what else you'll say about forms non-existence or about other things. You shouldn't participate in this discussion becouse you don't accept EU. And KOTOR and forms are pure EU. So I don't understand what you're doing in this thread really.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Anakin would be a weakling 4000 years ago.

I hav too slighty disagree with u here Nur

Still, i agree with the rest of that statement

I dont thnk Anakin would hav been a wimp in the time of KOTOR, but his powers would certainly hav been more common. He would hav been one of the more powerful jedi around, but never as powerful as a master/sith lord etc.

He would be powerful in time of KOTOR, but he simply would be too weak, imachure, and headstrong to ever beat Bastila, or anyone comparable to her.

Nur Why cant you just accept the fact that the 7 forms is complete and utter crap, there are too many inconsistancies, even in EU stuff! The only thing out of the 7 forms that has even been in EU is Vapaad and that was made for a few partially ok book/comic books. I dont mind the whole Vapaad thing but for it to be associated with the inconsistant bull crap that is the 7 forms makes it pretty much moot. As for the whole Bastila, Malak, Revan using form 2 in KotOR, first how do you even know that form 2 is 2000 years old.....the article that came out with this info never said that so what you heard must have been someones personal opinion. Next I already said BioWare based KotOR combat off of Ep1, thus they fight like in Ep1...and there was no bull crap Form 2 in Ep1. And even if you look at KotOR purely for story (EU)reasons then you would find that, using the conclusion that they used form ii, all the Jedi would be dead cause they have no way of blocking/deflecting blaster bolts. simple as that........and if you take it one step further you would probably find (through simple logic) that most likely Form II was being developed around that time( duh, right after Exar Kun)....thus it wasn't in use...so I guess that leaves ****ty form I that Bastila is using...in which case she has no chance against Anakin.

If where to follow complete EU related stuff about the 7 forms all you would find is Dooku uses an old dueling form of saber combat and Mace uses Vapaad...that is it!

And why cant you rationalize that the 7 forms where based off of Gillard's work????? The creators even said it was!!! That being so they are linked, so if Gillard says it is bull then it must be bull in EU.

I know this is hard for you to here, but alittle research would clear everything up for you.

Frankly put, if you decide not to follow the cannon sources I have already stated and instead base your conclusions off of something that is only partly EU and completely made up (although it is based off the work of someone who had no say in its creation).

Lastly, have you seen any EpIII footage at all?????? If you had you wouldn't be running your mouth about how some little girl could beat Anakin (The Chosen One).

And if you are going to debate me more on this then why not try using something we call "sources" to back up your opinion cause other than that you are just wasting your breath. If you notice everything I say has a valid source to back it up, even if I dont provide links I would be glad to.

And hey ever heard of this thing called "logic" it helps when making a valid argument, why not try some of that too.

Edited for content

You are using the same arguments as always. Thank you this discussion is over as I've said, seeing how you are ignoring my arguments completely and repeating the same, the same, the same... as I was expecting earlier talking to you is like talking to a rock or a tree. Pointless. Continue to believe in your hoax if you want.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Anakin is supremely powerful....in his era.

TheForce.net's timeline mentions that the Jedi lost a lot of their force abilities between The Old Republic era and the end of the Republic era.

Anakin would have been about average as a Jedi in the Old Republic days.

Still, I think Anakin (pre-Vader) would just shave it. Vader would have bitten the big one, though.

Anakin may be the Chosen One, but back in Bastila's time, his magnitude of power will hav been far more common.

Bastila's magnitude of power was not very common. She was far more powerful than any jedi her rank and age. She was more powerful than some Knights, just needed training.

The same situation is for Anakin in his era.

Problem for Anakin is, Bastila is far more able to control her emotions, and so she can keep control, which will give her a vital edge over Anakin. This means that (in my eyes, and Nur Ab Sal's) that Bastila will win.

TheForce.net's timeline mentions that the Jedi lost a lot of their force abilities between The Old Republic era and the end of the Republic era.

Why did that happen??

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Why did that happen??

Now this is EU stuff, but the main theory is that the Jedi by and large lost their way from the original ideas of the Order, and a lot of the abilities and powers that existed in the past ceased to exist.

Battle Mediation is one example of such a power.

I don't know if you are refering to the fact that Darth Sidious did cloud the light side of the Force (that's the reason why the Jedi couldn't detect him), also SIdious is thought to be using battle meditation to help the Empire. :blink:

Even if that was so, in a hypothetical duel the force level around them would be the same, so again Anakin beats Bastila

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom