Losing your connection to the Force

rika

Maybe 1.  ur character tried to stop Revan and Malak from going down the dark path but couldn't and as a result he couldn't consider himself a jedi 2.  nymore and 3.  through away his light saber and stopped using the force.

4.  look at it this way if 5.  u study martial arts and then stop 6.  fer a few 7.  a 8.  yrs and go back 9.  u can't do **** until 10.  u get 11.  goin again 12.  u know what I 13.  mean

Oh....my....God. This post is well enough thought out, but the english makes it hard to translate.....SPELLMAR!

Spellmar says:

1. "your"

2. "anymore"

3. "threw'

4. "Look" (beginning of a sentence)

5. "you"

6. "for"

7. (unnecessary word, sentence doesn't make sense)

8. "years"

9. "you" (again)

10. "you" (again)

11. "going"

12. "you" (AGAIN)

13. "mean." (period, end of sentence)

And this is just off the top of my head, I didn't even plug it into a spellchecker. My conclusion: You sir, are George W. Bush, president of my country, posting on Obsidian's forum in disguise. I had no idea you were a Star Wars fan Mr. President! :p

My theory is the PC did something bad during the Mandalorian wars and later was captured by/surrendered to the jedi council (on Dantooine) who blocked his connection to the force and confenscated his lightsabre. Kreia was the PCs master and one of the jedi who blocked the connection.

At the start of the game the PC enconters Kreia hiding on Pergerus who unblocks his connection because the situation is so bad. Soon after Kreia is terminated by HK-47.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

From a RPG standpoint, you can't loose your connection to the force. But since Obsidian don't adhere the d20 rules as canon, it will probably explained through the story (i.e. Ulic Qel-droma).

Well actually...have you read the POJ sourcebook?

My theory is taht he turned his back on the force so the force turned its back on him, though now that i've read it, Fardragon's idea seems the best (except for the HK part).

Maybe 1.  ur character tried to stop Revan and Malak from going down the dark path but couldn't and as a result he couldn't consider himself a jedi 2.  nymore and 3.  through away his light saber and stopped using the force.

4.  look at it this way if 5.  u study martial arts and then stop 6.  fer a few 7.  a 8.  yrs and go back 9.  u can't do **** until 10.  u get 11.  goin again 12.  u know what I 13.  mean

Oh....my....God. This post is well enough thought out, but the english makes it hard to translate.....SPELLMAR!

troll

Being held down by the MAN!

Truly it's not possible. Only in the EU do we see this sort of thing happening. They sort of have to do it in the games otherwise you'd be too powerful early in the game so for the sake of balance they say you lost your connection with the Force or some other such nonsense. Just call it suspension of disbelief and that it doesn't have to make sense.

From a RPG standpoint, you can't loose your connection to the force. But since Obsidian don't adhere the d20 rules as canon, it will probably explained through the story (i.e. Ulic Qel-droma).

Well actually...have you read the POJ sourcebook?

No :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy