Planet speculation

God your a miserable fn lot here ain't ya!!  <_<

Because I think that Jar Jar is the worst thing to happen to Star Wars since the Greedo shoots first incident? I think you made an overstatement there.

I just don't see Naboo offering much to the story, especially since the only things it is known for in the SW universe is Padme and Jar Jar.

Well, it was part of the prequels, which were so much different from the trilogy in quality and style they're almost a seperate theme. Plus, I don't count them as SW. SW is in the hands of the books now. EP 3 might be the prequel, but I don't know yet. It probably will have to qualify as the prequel to EP 4-6, no matter how bad it is.

IS Naboo gonna be one of the planets? cause from what I see would have alot to offer IMO

Ummm...no....just no...

I don't think Naboo has even been mentioned as a possiblity...

O Bog, please just let me forget that planet even exists. <_<

It was in the prequels, thus it isn't part of SW. That better?

<tear comes to the corner of my eye> Thank you. :wub:

God your a miserable fn lot here ain't ya!!  <_<

Because I think that Jar Jar is the worst thing to happen to Star Wars since the Greedo shoots first incident? I think you made an overstatement there.

I just don't see Naboo offering much to the story, especially since the only things it is known for in the SW universe is Padme and Jar Jar.

Exactly.....Greedo didn't shoot first...and if he's one of the best of the best bounty hunters....how the hell did he miss at point blank range. DAMN YOU LUCAS!!!

Exactly.....Greedo didn't shoot first...and if he's one of the best of the best bounty hunters....how the hell did he miss at point blank range.  DAMN YOU LUCAS!!!

That's why I believe that one scene ruined two things about the characters. Not only does it lessen Han Solo's speed and accuracy with a blaster, but it also makes a good bounty hunter look like he has the worst aim in the galaxy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Exactly.....Greedo didn't shoot first...and if he's one of the best of the best bounty hunters....how the hell did he miss at point blank range.  DAMN YOU LUCAS!!!

That's why I believe that one scene ruined two things about the characters. Not only does it lessen Han Solo's speed and accuracy with a blaster, but it also makes a good bounty hunter look like he has the worst aim in the galaxy.

And took credibility away from the SW universe.

What I'm wondering is, Why the hell did they try to turn the SW movies into Cute Little Kiddie films?

Actually, that started along with the 'Greedo Shoots First' incident inside the Mos Eisley cantina on Tattooine in the Special Edition films. If you've seen the original, you know that when Obi slices that one d00d's arm off with his glow stick of death, there's blood.....in the special edition, instead of blood, there's a cauterized severed limb. Now, while this admittedly makes more since when you realize that the way a Lightsaber cuts is by burning......I guess Lucas thought a charred severed limb was less violent than a bloody one? :wub:

What I'm wondering is, Why the hell did they try to turn the SW movies into Cute Little Kiddie films?

Actually, that started along with the 'Greedo Shoots First' incident inside the Mos Eisley cantina on Tattooine in the Special Edition films. If you've seen the original, you know that when Obi slices that one d00d's arm off with his glow stick of death, there's blood.....in the special edition, instead of blood, there's a cauterized severed limb. Now, while this admittedly makes more since when you realize that the way a Lightsaber cuts is by burning......I guess Lucas thought a charred severed limb was less violent than a bloody one? ;)

Dude...that ruined the series.

Actually, that started along with the 'Greedo Shoots First' incident inside the Mos Eisley cantina on Tattooine in the Special Edition films. If you've seen the original, you know that when Obi slices that one d00d's arm off with his glow stick of death, there's blood.....in the special edition, instead of blood, there's a cauterized severed limb. Now, while this admittedly makes more since when you realize that the way a Lightsaber cuts is by burning......I guess Lucas thought a charred severed limb was less violent than a bloody one? ;)

Dude...that ruined the series.

I know. :(

The series was ruined for me (or atleast tainted horribly) the moment Greedo shot first. Then, of course, the addition of that useless character Jar Jar Binks and the fact the prequels lacked that...."feel"....to them that the original trilogy had.

Although to be honest, I don't actually hate the prequels. I've got them on VHS and I've watched them (TPM and AotC) numerous times. It's just that if I had to choose which were my favorites, I'd go with the OT.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

did they say 7 new planets, or 7 planets????

If I recall from magazine previews and interviews, 7 planets in total. So I'm guessing some are new, some are old, but they add up to 7 in total.

@Nur Ab Sal:

What planet is shown on the image from your comic gallery?

post-1629-1095708087_thumb.jpg

I'm just asking because it has some similarities with the city on this screenshot (execpt for the red sky).

post-1629-1095707967_thumb.jpg

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

That's Great City of Iziz on planet Onderon, my friend.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I'm not sure about new planets. But I do think that you've got just about all the planets figured out.  I was looking at a list in another post that theorized what the remaining unknown planets might be, and that list contained the rest of them... it contained some that were wrong too, of course.

-Akari

So, then let us cross out two of them and it would have to be right... :p

That makes 5 confermed worlds

Peragus

Telos

Dantoone

Duxn

Onderon

So there are only 2 left with 4 reasonable candidates:

Nar Shadda (NAR, screenshots)

Haruun Kal (HAR)

Coruscant (the mention of the empty jedi temple)

Korriban (Revan disapeared there)

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Let's hope that we won't witness Korriban again. KOTOR Korriban sucks.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Has Mr. Lucas ever explained why he wanted that perticular scene changed?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I heard (although just from rumor) that it was because he didn't want Han portrayed as a bad guy shooting first. This way, Han kills Greedo in "self defense".

I don't know how much truth there is to that rumor, but it certainly sounds like the kind of logic GL would come up with.

I heard (although just from rumor) that it was because he didn't want Han portrayed as a bad guy shooting first. This way, Han kills Greedo in "self defense".

I don't know how much truth there is to that rumor, but it certainly sounds like the kind of logic GL would come up with.

If the rumor is true, then i think that GL can't see the differences between "Bad Guy" and "Bad Ass".

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If the rumor is true, then i think that GL can't see the differences between "Bad Guy" and "Bad Ass".

It's also the same guy who truly believes that Ewoks and Jar Jar are a POSITIVE thing to the Star Wars universe.

It's also the same guy who truly believes that Ewoks and Jar Jar are a POSITIVE thing to the Star Wars universe.

Say what? I was under the impression that they were included to give some witty, comic relief to the movie(s).

Bleh, i guess i'm too naive sometimes.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Hey man Ewoks are kool!!! :angry: .... can't stand Jar Jar but don't diss the Ewoks! :)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Hey man Ewoks are kool!!! :angry: .... can't stand Jar Jar but don't diss the Ewoks!  :)

....if you're 5 years old maybe.

but I guess the main question that should be asked is what was GL smoking when he thought up the idea of the Ewoks??? It must have been good stuff! :)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png