KOTOR II Force Powers

Yeah it looks cool but one thing not that I'm complaining or anything, but I think that maybe force crush isn't painful cuz the look on the guy's face wasn't a look of pain. Maybe right before you get your body crushed the Force sends your mind to a place where you don't feel pain. That being said it still looks awsome can't wait to use it.

Well you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.

Maybe right before you get your body crushed the Force sends your mind to a place where you don't feel pain.

I think you're refering to force massage there Fallen Jedi. Seriously I am looking foward to force crush immensely. I hope they use the same sound effect from ANH when Vader is using force crush on that rebel commander. Hearing the rebel scums esophagus and larynx slowly being crushed was classic.

Cheers!

Oh yeah you are right I don't know how I confused force crush with force massage. It was probably that I was talkin about crush but thinkin about the force massage. :p I'll have to try hard to stay on track and not let my mind wander. :rolleyes:

Yeah I can't wait to use it either and having sound effects like that would be a big plus. It would definetly give players that warm feeling of evilness.

Well you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.

Yes yes it is. Jedi gotta have fun to and since they can't love they gotta do something. :p Well there are a few cases of Jedi doing it to each other which is supposed to be even better. But this is all secret info so don't tell anyone. :p

I think the idea is that you're not supposed to feel so strongly that you lose sight of what's more important - THAT is what makes you fall to the darkside, after all, not love itself - and it's somewhat foolhardy to take the strongest force sensitives in the galaxy and prevent them from reproduction. Sort of inclined to destroy all existence or evolution of them, no?

It's possible, even without the aid of the Force in daily life, to reach a point where you can love someone as passionately as the most passionate, but have the clarity of thought to not let that override everything else in your life. Experience is usually the only thing that can teach that, or by thinking long and hard about something such as how to deal with being away from your family. It's fairly realistic to believe that that's what the Jedi try to do, though with the amount of people going through their program, it's not a surprise it fails occasionally.

Well, I dunno... if it was just in the context of anakin, it's understandable. If they stated very clearly that there was to be no love, sex, or even marriages of convenience, that's just Lucas being stupid. Someone should shoot him.

Then again it's possible that the old Jedi order, after years of having such transgressions, tightened the noose so that it wouldn't happen anymore. That happens in a lot of aristocracy, and ironically enough it seems that that's losing sight of the original purpose of your rules.

There are choirs were the removal of one's manhood was required to preserve the voice. I believe they were called the castrati. I'm not kidding. And certain religious orders often called for celibacy.

But the Jedi code isn't based upon God, or some notion that sex is a sin. By forbidding love and marriage outright, the Jedi set themselves up for an Anakin situation in the making. The Jedi get their guidance and strength from the positive energy the flows from all life. They should love and respect life more so than anyone. Let them rejoice in life. However, as Jedi they should be careful to not be ruled by passion.

Everything in moderation.

Luke restored the Jedi order. And he's married to Mara Jade. So much for the no loving rule.

And as for castrati Jedi, I really don't think they would've been able to give Darth Maul a run for his money.

"You shall not pass!"

I think the idea is that you're not supposed to feel so strongly that you lose sight of what's more important - THAT is what makes you fall to the darkside, after all, not love itself - and it's somewhat foolhardy to take the strongest force sensitives in the galaxy and prevent them from reproduction. Sort of inclined to destroy all existence or evolution of them, no?

It's possible, even without the aid of the Force in daily life, to reach a point where you can love someone as passionately as the most passionate, but have the clarity of thought to not let that override everything else in your life. Experience is usually the only thing that can teach that, or by thinking long and hard about something such as how to deal with being away from your family. It's fairly realistic to believe that that's what the Jedi try to do, though with the amount of people going through their program, it's not a surprise it fails occasionally.

Yeah I knew that but it was just easier to no love then go into big detail cuz the my whole post was a joke.

Isn't it all so confusing?

Jedi have to love (compassion) but are not permitted romance? Peculiar!

Isn't it more like the Jedi are permitted to love, but not letting passion conflicting their judgement?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Luke didn't have a whole lot of knowledge on Jedi History, nor a Jedi Master breathing down his neck. He got to reinvent the Jedi Order as he saw fit. And despite being a putz, he made a good call in allowed the Jedi Order to marry.

He did it all for the nookie.