weapons holstered instead of in hand all the time

its just a stupid idea and a waste of time. how would people react differently? would they automatically shoot you? would they cry? they would have to do a lot of work to get reactions too!

I don't think anything of the reacting differently bit - I think it should be automatic, unless you're in a combat situation, or use the lightsaber in dialogue to threaten someone. Thus, reaction wouldn't really be a problem, would it? But it would still take away the, "I'm waving a blaster through my head while I speak" like Carth did, or always holding your lightsaber in your hand and no one seems to notice. Minor, but it helps.

how would people react differently? would they automatically shoot you? would they cry? they would have to do a lot of work to get reactions too!

Would you react in a different manner to a person walking around your town waving a gun around than to just a guy walking around? If you're waving a sword or gun around people should do what they can to avoid you, but once you catch up to one of them they should be bit more willing to give you info simply because you got a gun to their head. Maybe something like a bonus to persuasion when you have your weapons out while talking to someone but you'd also get DS points and that person might not be willing to talk to you again for obvious reasons. You could even have a point in the game where the guards confiscate your weapons when you enter town forcing you to defeat your enemies through other means. And by confiscate I mean taking EVERY weapon in your inventory, equiped or not, and not returning them until you exit town. Just stuff like that would make to game more realistic and interesting.

how would people react differently? would they automatically shoot you? would they cry? they would have to do a lot of work to get reactions too!

Would you react in a different manner to a person walking around your town waving a gun around than to just a guy walking around? If you're waving a sword or gun around people should do what they can to avoid you, but once you catch up to one of them they should be bit more willing to give you info simply because you got a gun to their head. Maybe something like a bonus to persuasion when you have your weapons out while talking to someone but you'd also get DS points and that person might not be willing to talk to you again for obvious reasons. You could even have a point in the game where the guards confiscate your weapons when you enter town forcing you to defeat your enemies through other means. And by confiscate I mean taking EVERY weapon in your inventory, equiped or not, and not returning them until you exit town. Just stuff like that would make to game more realistic and interesting.

nah, it would still suck.

so what, your walking around with a gun? in the first movie, i recall obi wan and luke ran around with a lightsaber, and it didnt scare anybody. and the scene where the rodian trys to kill han solo, he ran around the whole bar with a blaster till he found him, and nobody did anything. its just pointles...

All I'm saying is that I wouldn't want it added just for the sake of adding it. It should be more than a "neat feature", it should have an effect in the game. Don't just stick it in there, give it a reason to be there.

Actually, I don't recall them running around with it in hand in the first movie, but maybe I'm mistaken. People do react differently when you have a weapon in your hand :ph34r: vs in a holster or belt, then again there is always the excuse I don't have a holster. :unsure:

I was particulary irritated by "gestures" with weapons performed during dialogue in KOTOR 1. They often resulted in somebody putting weapons in the faces or through the bodies of NPCs they talked with or those of the party members. Talk about spoiling the atmosphere! If Obsidian doesn't introduce holstering at least they should make it so that during normal, non-confrontational dialogue (N)PC's hands are empty. When dialogue ends the weapons should be back in hand, of course.

I feel like role playing games are all about realism, perhaps not in a combat sense but in the way you conduct yourself in the world and the choices you make for good or ill. Again, lets return to a good example, FO1 and 2 both had towns and random situations (Junktown, NCR, travelling merchants, Beth's guns the BOS etc.) where you could not have weapons equipped, sometimes people would react differently to you based on whether or not you were armed. In junktown it even lead to an interesting conversation thread with the guards on the local laws about weapons, to me it made the game seem a bit more real and gave the NPCs more depth, of course if it hadnt been there I never would have cared or noticed but having seen it I feel like it wasnt wasted effort on the part of the devs. Just one more reason why FO series is the best.

I was particulary irritated by "gestures" with weapons performed during dialogue in KOTOR 1. They often resulted in somebody putting weapons in the faces or through the bodies of NPCs they talked with or those of the party members. Talk about spoiling the atmosphere! If Obsidian doesn't introduce holstering at least they should make it so that during normal, non-confrontational dialogue (N)PC's hands are empty. When dialogue ends the weapons should be back in hand, of course.

I agree with this.

I agree with this.

Carth looked suicidal a couple of times, sticking a blaster in his ear as he talked... :blink: